SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Months of waiting paid off. My Glycine’s new bracelet matches the watch perfectly, even the brushing matches so good it looks like the bracelet was made for this watch.

Steinhart GMT Phantom green & Glycine GL0269 Combat Automatic Sub

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the good vibes guys! That was a lot fun for me. While I only have a small handful of watches at any one time (the goal is usually five but I'm currently a little in violation), my Apple Photos virtual-collection makes it feel like they are still "mine".

It's amazing how different things are now vs. when I started that virtual-tour. I only hope the next 60 days bring about that much more improvement to the world.

Posts: 11387 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Lots of interesting watches on here recently. We need more arms to wear them on....

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I found a nice elastic MN strap that matches my Seiko Digi Tuna pretty well. BIG improvement over the original silicone band.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
That's a good match. Looks great.

Posts: 11387 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I was worried how easy this baby would be to read in low light. It’s actually not nearly as bad as I was expecting. Yeah, it goes against one of the main attributes of a diver to not be very visible but for some reason this watch has been finding it’s way into my wrist quite often.

This is a neat watch. The DLC finish is pretty tough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Rogue, I am suffering from withdrawal.

I bet if I made this a poll it would be a unanimous vote for you to continue your purchases, post them, and let us continue to enjoy the parade.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Decided to "park" my Sinn factory padded leather strap with factory deployant for the summer's warm weather and install a MN parachute strap. This one from an Australian ebay seller. Nice Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Hey you got your strap from down under! It looks good. I FINALLY got mine the other day too but sadly it doesn’t look so hot on the watch I intended to put it on. Oh well, I’ll just have to find a new watch to match to the MN strap. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Hey you got your strap from down under! It looks good. I FINALLY got mine the other day too but sadly it doesn’t look so hot on the watch I intended to put it on. Oh well, I’ll just have to find a new watch to match to the MN strap. Big Grin

Yeah. William (the seller) and I exchanged a couple messages. They included an article showing that the Australian Postal system put economy parcels on hold for almost 5 weeks because the Covid19 pandemic had significantly reduced air and sea traffic outbound from Australia. Higher rate parcels got preference which is understandable. So it ended up taking 8 weeks for my purchase to arrive.

I noticed my picture was taken before I fully adjusted the strap. Normally the spring bar doesn't show at all. Smile

Only other MN strap I have is this one from a California based firm (Seals Watch Co.).

Both I feel are good fit color-wise (black w/white strip & gray w/black stripe) for the watches they're on. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Question for the hive: Which one do you prefer?

Even though the ref 7922R is lacking all those enhancements, that old school rose logo and smiley script on the dial make me want it more than the newer version with the shield.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Confused about those prices as the Tudor website gives the newer flavor @ $3800
https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/...ack-bay/m79230r-0012

I'm probably not the best person to ask about this anyhow. Smile

Were I to spend that much I'd go for the newer model with the COSC cert, better movement, reserve, and straight lettering at 6 o'clock instead of the curved "smiley" script which I don't like.

But I've also become rather anal about diver watches requiring them to be at least 30 ATM if not more. The Tudor is but 20 ATM, so I'd be looking elsewhere for this classic style. As an aside, my vintage Aquastar Benthos I is rated at 100 ATM and my first run Marathon SAR is 30 ATM. Smile

But it is your money so.....

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Disregard that price section Bald1 is right the new version seems to be listed for about $3400 by a few vendors. The reference 7922R is discontinued so I’d have to buy one used and would pay almost $2k less than that listed price.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
The Tudor Black Bay is a highly regarded piece, no question.

It may very well fit your needs. But as said, and not to be a jerk, it wouldn't be one that would work for me personally. Smile

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
If any of you want an interesting distraction from the damn depressing news right now this is a neat article about the history of a German watch company.

The Story of Dievas

I’m really digging the case shape shape of that Titanium Vortex. Those lugs & the case shape remind me a little of the Tissot Seastar. The Dievas manages to have an overall more rugged appearance than the Seastar which I always felt was leaning towards a more formal almost dressy dive watch. I love the 8 o’clock crown position and 10 o’clock helium valve location. VERY UNIQUE! & aesthetically pleasing IMO.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
The new movement is said to be in conjunction with Breitling and said to be outstanding.

That said, I couldn't do a red bezel, but in black, perhaps so.

Either one is good, but like we used to say on TURF, buy the one that smiles at you.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Hey stickman, I’ve got a Black Bay with the black bezel, not red, obviously. It’s got the MT5602 movement and runs great. Checked the time on it this morning, for the first time in about a month, and it was 3 seconds slow. Not too shabby! I’ve got the bracelet, but prefer a nice leather strap on most of my watches.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1311 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
My dad is enabling my addiction Razz . Sent me the info on this watch. K.M. (Kriegsmarine) WWII.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Tooky13, Gorgeous watch! The black bezel insert and dial look great. I’m not 100% sure what colorway I’d go with in the BB. I’d be hard pressed to get that level of accuracy out of the 2824-2 in the previous generation. How bad is servicing the movement on the new Tudor? Do you know how expensive it is? I’ve gotten to where I only trust the manufacturer for service work when it comes to higher end watches like Omega, Tudor etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
Wow, kz - after all these years the lume on that Kriegsmarine watch is still visible. Do you know what lume material was used for those watches?

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post