SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    How about an AR picture thread
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How about an AR picture thread Login/Join 
Picture of freerider
posted Hide Post
my latest build

This message has been edited. Last edited by: freerider,

Sig p229 DAK .40
Springfield XD subcompact .40
Walther p99 9mm
Sig M400 Enhanced 223/5.56
Colt M4Ops .22
Spikes custom 10.5" .223 wylde pistol
Spikes custom 7.5" .300 Blackout pistol

Posts: 39 | Location: Michigan | Registered: June 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
I had a Windham Weaponory flat top that I sold last year (my only AR.)

I just bought a new (used) one from a pawn shop about 1 month ago. I'm not a very big AR person but wanted to give it another shot. This one is very basic (which I like.)

It's a Rock River Arms with a non-removable carry handle and fixed sights. I've since bought a sling and attached it and a bunch of mags, but that's all I will buy for it. So far I like it much better than the Windham and will try it out soon.

Basic is cool. I love the unfettered look.

I've gone back to the A2 grip on all of my ARs, save my Colt LR901, and I will on that one, too.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
Freerider, beyond sick.

Posts: 5738 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by freerider:
my latest build

You have successfully transformed that AR into a work of art ... I know duracoat offers their finish in a wide array of colors, is that what you used, or something else? I guess what I really want to know is, how durable is the finish?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by freerider:
my latest build

This gives me a "boner" Big Grin

(I'll be here all week Cool)

Posts: 1789 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Non tactical add on's. Big Grin

6.5 upper on my old PWA lower.

The camera's probably the cheapest thing on that gun! lol And no... nothing came along to get filmed or given the bad news.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACTEG
posted Hide Post
Nothing fancy, but it gets the job done.

Posts: 3585 | Registered: March 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Freerider, that is one sweet looking pistol. Did you do the work? Very nice.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
Aero Precision

- .223 Wylde, 16" SS bbl., VG6 Gamma, 15" Quantum M-LOK

Only thing to add is the Elftmann 3-gun trigger, ambi charging handle, and Aimpoint PRO.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rsd1220,

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Accomplice
posted Hide Post
Picked up this basic carbine length PSA model for $500 then added a railed hand guard and the extended rail covers. So far it's been 100% reliable.

Roswell Crash - July, 1947, CIA Formed - Sept, 1947

Posts: 1948 | Registered: September 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
COLT LE6945CQB Factory M4 Carbine SBR:

•10.3” Monolithic Upper (w/MaTech folding rear sight)
•SiCo Omega suppressor
•Aimpoint CompML2 4 MOA/A.R.M.S. -17 TRI-LOCK
•Surefire X200 light
•MFT Minimalist butt stock
•Magpul pistol grip & VFG (+ 60 rnd. drum magazine)
•Hexmag 30 rnd. w/AZ flag graphic
•BeatenZone A.T.C.H.#7 charging handle
•Custom M8 bayonet

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Z06,

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
My first AR.

Sig M400 enhanced, with Sig Romeo 3 holosight.

Haven't even zeroed it yet.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It seemed like a good idea...
Picture of lude4life
posted Hide Post
Got my very first AR finally!

Now to go shoot it! M&P15, Magpul stock, UTG Pro handguard, Magpul sights. 6 Pmags.

-Jay

"Assault is a type of behavior, not a type of hardware." -Alan Korwin

Posts: 2810 | Location: Central Oregon | Registered: November 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tiger 2 Tank
posted Hide Post

Aero Precision lower
7.5 inch piston driven Adams Arms upper.

And, my Glock 43.

Posts: 968 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Reconfigured a bit. New barrel, furniture, light and BCG

gifs upload

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Not mine, just saw it on the web: The shocker is gross. But the Peace sign/Middle finger is funny.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
Not mine, just saw it on the web: The shocker is gross. But the Peace sign/Middle finger is funny.

I wish they would quit coming out with new designs... I like it, but I've already got 3 lowers sitting in the safe with the uppers hanging on the wall because I don't have any more room in the safe for another complete gun! I'm not familiar with the 3rd safety position ... is it something like "F-you very much"?

quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
Reconfigured a bit. New barrel, furniture, light and BCG

gifs upload

So basically, its the same ol gun? Razz

I like the handguard, is that Magpul?
Also, is the furniture gray or green? On my screen it looks an odd color of green.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
The furniture is Magpul Stealth Gray. Hand guard is the MOE SL mid length. I thought I'd need to dremel off some material to allow for the flip up front sight as that is what others said was needed, but it fit perfectly and is very light weight.

Gray is very difficult to represent correctly on different computer screens, but there's no hint of green in the actual color.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

• Added LAW Tactical AR Folding Stock Adapter Gen. 3 & Inforce 500 lumen weapon light

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lude4life:
Got my very first AR finally!

Now to go shoot it! M&P15, Magpul stock, UTG Pro handguard, Magpul sights. 6 Pmags.

Cool! I just bought my first AR -- M&P15T. I like that it came with the quadrail (and some others) Can't wait to shoot it! It'll be here soon.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post