SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    How about an AR picture thread
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How about an AR picture thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
stay focused...

Posts: 16 | Registered: July 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I got one of new skeletal AR billet receiver sets and I couldn't decide whether to do a pistol or rifle so I went with pistol first then I can switch to rifle later if I want. I haven't built the upper yet which is also skeletonized so you can see the bolt carrier through it ... I've got an Osprey Defense piston conversion which seems like it would be great, so you don't get blowback in your face.

AR57 with 8" barrel & 5.5" flash hider

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by freerider:
My M400 Really Enhanced, still need a few more parts.

Nice ... but I can think of one more enhancement ...

But then it might kinda loose it's SiG-nificance

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Just finished updating another of my ARs.

Before:

After:

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Just finished updating another of my ARs.

Before:

After:

Pretty slick, sir!

Who makes the handguard you replaced your Magpul with? On my SW M&P Sport II I've currently got the same Magpul furniture as you've got in your first photo, but that's the first time I've seen a handguard type that works with/around the A2 sight as shown in the second photo.

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MrToad:
Who makes the handguard you replaced your Magpul with?

It's a Troy Delta Rail, specifically the FDE VTAC version. The Delta rails are free-floated handguards that are a drop-in fit on an AR with a standard fixed FSB, standard barrel nut, and delta ring. The only thing you have to remove is the front sling swivel, which just requires hammering out a single pin. They offer Delta rails for both carbine length and midlength gas systems.

https://troyind.com/rail-syste...ies/rails/drop/delta

Troy also offers the Charlie Rail, which is the same concept, just with a quad rail. But it's only available for carbine length ARs.

https://troyind.com/rail-syste...s/rails/drop/charlie

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Spikes Crusader...first range trip

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3481 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
I've reconfigured some of mine (stocks, optics, etc.)...

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
My newest toy - finally got the last of the parts to complete it today....

5.5" CMMG 9mm

Just need to break it in and decide on a light for it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RB211,

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 350zee
posted Hide Post
My DI CMMG. The quad rail added a lot of weight to it.

Spaghetti protection pistol.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***My Idea Of Gun Control Is A Firm Grip!!!***-------***NRA Life Member***----------

Posts: 1311 | Location: Everett, WA. | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got the stamp back for this one.

10.3" BA Hanson

My other SBR 12" PSA Premium

Posts: 79 | Registered: February 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
A4 "clone". KAC rail, KAC rear, TA31 ACOG, BCM 20" upper, Aero M16A4 Gov't marked lower.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I posted in the rifle room but here it is again.

Got my 6.8spc 10 rounders yesterday from AIM, still need to order some 120gr SST.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
--Edited to add, it's a 300 blk

Woohoo! I finally get to participate in this thread. I've been waiting for a "how about an H&K G3 thread," until my first AR was finished...

I'm a budget builder, so it took a while and I had to really weigh my options before buying. Also the tax stamps took a while, especially when you have to re-file like a dummy cause you put your name where your trust name should have went despite ALL the warnings in the internet.

That's also my first can, a form 1. It's not quite complete yet but almost. Then I should be able to shoot and start tuning it next week I think. I'll start a thread in the suppressed section when it's done being built, but I'm also on silencer talk too.

Without can. That's my homemade 2 port muzzle brake with thread protector.

And with can, I'll have to check my drawings again but it should add only about 4" to the OAL.

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1194 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up my V11 a couple of weeks ago and my glass came in yesterday.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
PSA 9mm

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I had a Windham Weaponory flat top that I sold last year (my only AR.)

I just bought a new (used) one from a pawn shop about 1 month ago. I'm not a very big AR person but wanted to give it another shot. This one is very basic (which I like.)

It's a Rock River Arms with a non-removable carry handle and fixed sights. I've since bought a sling and attached it and a bunch of mags, but that's all I will buy for it. So far I like it much better than the Windham and will try it out soon.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post