SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What did you do today in reloading-land?
Page 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 98
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today in reloading-land? Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
Chamfered 100 pieces of 6.5.

Then I charged them.

Then I realized I forgot to prime them.

Mad

Yeah baby! I've seen that mess before!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Ordered ten (10) of these from Midway for bulk ammo storage:

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chamfered 100 pieces of 6.5.

Then I charged them.

Then I realized I forgot to prime them.

Mad

Big Grin Big Grin

I'm not laughing AT you WinkSmile

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
500 rounds 45 long colt

Posts: 122 | Registered: October 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
300 5.56 with CFE223, 69 & 77 gr Nosler Custom Comp bullets, LC brass and Federal AR SR primers last night. Also pump out 100 rounds of .40 ammo. Was planning to hit the range this morning but stayed up so late last night I overslept this morning.

Posts: 605 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Decapped 300 6.5, stainless tumbled 200. The other 100 are in the tumbler now. Then it's anneal, size, polish, chamfer, prime, and load.

I need 300 rounds by tomorrow night yet.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Well, I sized, polished, chamfered, primed, and threw rough powder charges. Tomorrow is trickle up and seat, as well as pack.

My new eberlestock X4 showed up today. I like it. Definitely will force me to pare down what I've been carrying.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Finished up 25 rounds of 17Hornet...

yesterday I deprimed them and tumbled them , then left them to dry...

today I sized, primed, powder and finished them with 20gr Hornady bullets.

That little 17 is fast.

hand measuring them is a bitch though 9.3 grains of powder is ok..it's the little bitty opening in the case that's a pain

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11280 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post
Unpacked some new bullets to play with.

Happiness is having to climb in your car to change your target.

Posts: 2469 | Location: Nowhere Fun | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
With packaging like that, I don't even want to know what those cost...

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:

Right?? Almost to purty to shoot!!! Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just another instance where I caught myself thinking that I should have picked a cheaper hobby. I do however love to try new things. So I'll play with 100 and see if they are worth the expense. They are not to be for a high volume rifle.

Posts: 2469 | Location: Nowhere Fun | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Well, you can imagine that rubbing around in a little box (Sierra, Berger, etc) might not help their BC and flight characteristics. Besides, you should get a nice package for that price.

Interested to see how they work for you.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that it's raining again in Western Washington, I decided to head into the workshop to see what I could get done...150 rounds of 7.62x51. Still have more to do later.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Been a bit crazy around the entropy home of late but i have been able to accomplish the following the past few weeks. (In no particular order)

Purchase and set up a .308 Forster shoulder bump collet die. (Love it)

Load a re-run and fine tune of my 185 Berger/2000MR test. (Dunno when im going to shoot it. Too windy on the day of opportunity)

Deprime, prep, polish and prime about 150 rounds of assorted lots of Lapua 308 brass. (Used the Forster die)

Shoot, chrony, dial in my .357 snub with some reloads and 125gr FTX. (Had my FIRST ever squib. Dunno how the fuq it happened. Pulled trigger and heard "pffft". Luckily last round in cylinder and tapped it back into case with wood dowel. It had lodged in the forcing cone. Since these were loaded on a simple turret press...wondering how I managed to screw it up.)

Due to family and work commitments, november and December going to be quite busy this year. Will try to squeeze in what I can. Next item is to size, prep and trim all my .38spl and .357 brass. Still need to decide on a bullet. Currently, a 158gr LSWC from Missouri Bullets (coated with crimp groove) seems to be best choice.)

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
I had a reloading dream last night. Couple of guys had hand-held units and used little powder bottles with a built-in dispenser. The powder was spherical pistol, so my shotgun powder wouldn't work. Does this count as reloading?

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Does a wet dream count as having sex??

Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post
Finally shot the OCW with the 8208XBR in my .223. Now I'm heading down to load some more test rounds. Going to have a shootout between the Berger 77's, 80's and 80.2's. Just checked for OAL in the rifle and all three will mag feed Big Grin

Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I took advantage of the weather today to break out the propane stove and smelting pot and melt, flux, clean and skim about 80 pounds of range scrap and lead locomotive battery connectors and pour them into ingots...

I'll let it warm tomorrow and try to drop it all into 230 grain .452 TC bullets...I'll try for 1000 tomorrow...as well as a couple hundred .309 180 grain bullets to gas check to use in the 7.62X51 Ishapore Enfield with TrailBoss I found.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The journey is
the destination.
Picture of newcatwalt
posted Hide Post
Finished loading up 600 rounds of 9mm Luger....

-------------------------------------------
Life is tough... it's tougher if you're stupid.

Posts: 982 | Location: Las Vegas / Henderson, NV | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post