SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Top Gun: Maverick - Trailer is out
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Top Gun: Maverick - Trailer is out Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Ice Man...I wonder what his role will be in the movie. Last I saw, he wasn’t doing to well health-wise.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Former Hornet pilot on the entire trailer describing what he thinks could be CGI and what is definitely real. The carrier launch is definitely real with Tom in the back. He didn't shit all over it either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6aAhfyWwNc

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Speaking of Ice Man...I wonder what his role will be in the movie. Last I saw, he wasn’t doing to well health-wise.

He's the commander going through alcohol rehab, and the "Hearing Conservation Officer" of NAS North Is. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

When I saw that Val was coming back for this one my hope was that it would be the catalyst for him to get back into shape. Saw a few of his later/latest movies and he was very overweight. I hate to see that happen to anyone, but I understand how it does and always wish for them a return to good health.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
quote:

When I saw that Val was coming back for this one my hope was that it would be the catalyst for him to get back into shape. Saw a few of his later/latest movies and he was very overweight. I hate to see that happen to anyone, but I understand how it does and always wish for them a return to good health.

Poor guy is looking rough from his battle with throat cancer.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
He will be the C.O. Of the Top Gun command.
quote:

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Tom says it's all real. No CGI used for flying scenes...

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16351 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
I’ll be waiting for the re-edited version of just the flying and motorcycle scenes Big Grin

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Kelly McGillis wasn't asked to be part of Top Gun Sequal...

https://www.yahoo.com/entertai...-wasn-172151003.html

Gotta go to the link, but I would not have even recognized the woman. Dear LORD! Eek

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

Gotta go to the link, but I would not have even recognized the woman. Dear LORD! Eek
Yeah, I think they learned from the new Star Wars / Princess Leia that sometimes you just need to upgrade to a new, younger model.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is what Hollywood does to people. Part of the melancholy theme of Tarrantino's new movie.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kelly McGillis wasn't asked to be part of Top Gun Sequal... I would not have even recognized the woman. Dear LORD! Eek

Some people age more gracefully than others. Others employ the miracles of modern surgery to do for them what their genes do not. Still others just take life, and ageing, as it comes. *shrug*

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Some people age more gracefully than others. Others employ the miracles of modern surgery to do for them what their genes do not. Still others just take life, and ageing, as it comes. *shrug*

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It is only recently that older women such as Helen Mirren were able to get leading roles in movies. Men had an easier time.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sounds like she may have had a hard-time 'playing the Hollywood game', navigating through the unsavory aspects, resulting in a succession of failed relationships and alcoholism.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
That's what I thought too.

I also saw pics related to a local Asheville NC news story that she had been assaulted inside her home. It went on to say she had procured a concealed carry permit as a result. The date given was in mid June but did not list the year. Judging from the pictures, it could not have been that long ago at all.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7256 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
I wonder if they will re-use the flight footage in the JAG re-make. Smile

Posts: 3230 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Why Maverick Is Still a Captain 30 Years After 'Top Gun,' According to the Navy

Excerpt from the article:

"Another possible scenario occurs if there's a break in service. For instance, perhaps at some point after the famous incident involving MiGs of uncertain origin over the Indian Ocean, as depicted in the first "Top Gun," Maverick left active duty and did some time in the Navy Reserve. Then later, he returned to active duty. With more than five years in the reserves, Maverick could be pushing 37 years in uniform.

The final scenario for Maverick would be if he were retired but retained in service, a scenario that keeps individuals in uniform after reaching their statutory retirement. Generally speaking, cases of individuals being retired but retained are rare, but not unheard of, according to Naval Personnel Command."

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

She looks like a typical 62 year old woman to me?

On the other hand, you have Tom Cruise who I think may be a vampire or has his hands on a Dorian Gray portrait or something...

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I think Kelly McGillis is still battling the effects of a sexual assault from her youth. When she starred in "The Accused" she was originally slated to play the lead, but that wound up going to Jodi Foster. Having gone through a rape herself, she chose to not play that part and instead, played the attorney that defended Foster's character. It would be sad if she were still battling those demons and that has affected her desire to stay in shape. Seems she just let herself go.

On a side note, there are some pictures to where she looks like she could be Lena Headey's (Game of Thrones) older sister.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
everyone ages

some just at different rates

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post