SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 7
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 39
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 7 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Did anyone else notice they seemed to put a big emphasis on Gendry's hammer and hammer wielding skills?

I thought it was to show how ripped he became from all that rowing.

Posts: 4591 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaycat:
Gendrys master is the smith who reforged the sword Ice into Oathkeeper and Widows Wail....Gendry might be the one who reinvents valerian steel.

Cheers
Jaycat

Did Tywin say he requested a smith from across the Narrow Sea to reforge Ice into the two new swords?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:
Originally posted by Jaycat:
Gendrys master is the smith who reforged the sword Ice into Oathkeeper and Widows Wail....Gendry might be the one who reinvents valerian steel.

Cheers
Jaycat

Did Tywin say he requested a smith from across the Narrow Sea to reforge Ice into the two new swords?

See RogusJSK's post near the bottom of the previous page.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoulda Coulda
Oughta Woulda
posted Hide Post
Bronn calling Jamie "cunt". Classic Bronn. Nobody else could call him that and live.

Posts: 543 | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Correct, I was referencing the show and what Tyson said - but I figured there could be some reference to the book that the show didn't follow.

He does know Valaryian steel though, when he meets John he says "you wont be needing a smith with that sword"

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but nearly everyone who's seen a Valyrian steel sword has made a comment about it, blacksmith or not.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Valyrian steel looks like damascus steel. Whats funny is I believe Ned is sharpening Ice in the opening scene season 1. Lol... why? They never need sharpening.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Only in Westeros can you make two swords from one sword and all three are equal size...

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
Only in Westeros can you make two swords from one sword and all three are equal size...

Nonsense. They're not anywhere near equal size.

Ice was a massive Greatsword. Oathbreaker is a normal-sized Longsword. Widow's Wail is a slightly smaller Longsword.

There was plenty of metal in Ice to make two smaller swords. Each of the smaller swords is about half the width of Ice, and a good foot or two shorter. So the smith may have even had some leftover Valyrian steel!

Here's Ice:

Here's Oathkeeper:

Here's Widow's Wail:

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGPILOT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Same with Lancel Lannister, the first one seemed like he should have been romping with the other men, so the sparrow version was much improved.[/QUOTE]

That's actually the same actor Eugene Simon. He bulked up and got a haircut. Smile

Posts: 1002 | Location: The Natural State | Registered: November 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
So who thinks the Tarly sword Heartsbane is LightBringer? I mean... its called heartsbane. Stabbed a lion and azor ahais wife through the heart?

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
So who thinks the Tarly sword Heartsbane is LightBringer? I mean... its called heartsbane. Stabbed a lion and azor ahais wife through the heart?

I don't think LightBringer exists yet. At least, it has not been plunged into the wife's (whomever she may be) heart yet.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Also was thinking about Arya killing Little Finger and thinking about how cool it's be if she used her mother's face to do it.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
quote:

I don't think LightBringer exists yet. At least, it has not been plunged into the wife's (whomever she may be) heart yet.

Well... Samwell knows what he needs to do then. Big Grin

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
quote:

Well... Samwell knows what he needs to do then. Big Grin

If he has to hear bout how many shits one more maester takes from Gilly...

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Five episodes in and I've just realized something:

Cersei is Queen. She's always referred to herself as a Lannister. So why isn't the sigil above King's Landing a lion instead of the Baratheon stag?

She hated Robert Baratheon and always thought of herself as a Lannister first.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
He's not Ned's bastard. He's the son of Rhaegar Targaryen (Dany's brother) and Lyanna Stark (Ned's sister).

They had an affair together, fell in love, and ran off together to Dorne, but everyone believes that Rhaegar kidnapped Lyanna. They had a son together in secret. Rhaegar was killed in Robert's Rebellion, and Lyanna died in childbirth.

Ned arrived to rescue his sister from her "kidnapping" just as she was dying, and Lyanna revealed the truth to him. She made him promise to raise Jon as his own son, and not to reveal his true lineage, as all the remaining Targaryens were being hunted down. Ned agreed, and passed Jon off as his bastard conceived from some unnamed wench while away at war, which was the most plausible cover story available to him. Ned basically sacrificed his honor and the trust of his marriage with Kat in order to grant his sister's dying wish and save his nephew's life, thus preventing anyone from knowing that Jon was actually a Targaryen.

Even Jon doesn't know the truth, as Ned was executed before he could reveal the truth to Jon. Nobody else knew what really happened, except Ned's close friend from the wars, Howland Reed. (Who's a recluse, and we haven't really seen him yet in either the show or the books, other than a brief appearance in a flashback and a few passing mentions.)

All that about Jon's true parentage had been theorized by fans for many years based on hints in the books and show, and it was all finally confirmed last season, when Bran used his mystical vision to see the past, observing Ned arriving at the Tower, fighting his way inside to his sister, and taking Baby Jon for safekeeping. So now Bran knows the truth.

Now, as just revealed by Gilly in yesterday's episode, it appears that a sympathetic Maester actually annulled Rhaegar's prior marriage and married Rhaegar to Lyanna. So Jon is a legitimate Targaryen son, not a bastard at all (by neither Ned nor Rhaegar).

And Jon is now a prime candidate to marry Dany and found a new Targaryen dynasty. Targaryens are down with incest, and you saw them giving each other the eye this week.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
quote:
Dunno about that.

On another note, I've just had another thought:

After the battle with the undead and the Night King, I'm assuming the living will prevail and the Night's Watch can be disbanded. Which would make Samwell the lord of Horn Hill.

Yeah, I think they set that up for season 8 so Sam can declare what few men they have left for Jon/the North to fight the White Walkers.

The whole show revolves around bastards and cast-offs rising to the top, so Sam's rise would mirror Jon's, Varys', Little Finger's, Tyrion's, etc.

Except Little Finger will be removed from Arya's last soon. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
He's not Ned's bastard. He's the son of Rhaegar Targaryen (Dany's brother) and Lyanna Stark (Ned's sister).

They had an affair together, fell in love, and ran off together to Dorne, but everyone believes that Rhaegar kidnapped Lyanna. They had a son together in secret. Rhaegar was killed in Robert's Rebellion, and Lyanna died in childbirth.

Ned arrived to rescue his sister from her "kidnapping" just as she was dying, and Lyanna revealed the truth to him. She made him promise to raise Jon as his own son, and not to reveal his true lineage, as all the remaining Targaryens were being hunted down. Ned agreed, and passed Jon off as his bastard conceived from some unnamed wench while away at war, which was the most plausible cover story available to him. Ned basically sacrificed his honor and the trust of his marriage with Kat in order to grant his sister's dying wish and save his nephew's life, thus preventing anyone from knowing that Jon was actually a Targaryen.

Even Jon doesn't know the truth, as Ned was executed before he could reveal the truth to Jon. Nobody else knew what really happened, except Ned's close friend from the wars, Howland Reed. (Who's a recluse, and we haven't really seen him yet in either the show or the books, other than a brief appearance in a flashback and a few passing mentions.)

All that about Jon's true parentage had been theorized by fans for many years based on hints in the books and show, and it was all finally confirmed last season, when Bran used his mystical vision to see the past, observing Ned arriving at the Tower, fighting his way inside to his sister, and taking Baby Jon for safekeeping. So now Bran knows the truth.

Now, as just revealed by Gilly in yesterday's episode, it appears that a sympathetic Maester actually annulled Rhaegar's prior marriage and married Rhaegar to Lyanna. So Jon is a legitimate Targaryen son, not a bastard at all (by neither Ned nor Rhaegar).

And Jon is now a prime candidate to marry Dany and found a new Targaryen dynasty. Targaryens are down with incest, and you saw them giving each other the eye this week.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Caution - major spoilers

EPISODE SIX HAS LEAKED....and is being uploaded all over Facebook.

I'm not one to really care about spoilers, so here is some info if you want it. In respect to everyone else, please don't post anything about it here.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvs...ess-new-episode.html

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post