SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Star Wars Last Jedi --- SPOILER thread for discussion
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Last Jedi --- SPOILER thread for discussion Login/Join 
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
I have it all figured out... Here is how you fix it all...

*SNIP*

"Yes Dad Master Skywalker ."

Fixed it. Cool

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21846 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
This is interesting, if you have some time on your hands.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Okay the more I read and watch, the more I think Disney could, if they wanted, say "Hey you know we messed up. We're going to actually redo Episode 8. Sorry. Please forgive us. Episode 8 is officially NOT canon.

See you in a couple years with a good Episode 8.

Again, sorry. Rian has been sacked, and all the writers he's ever come into contact with have been sacked."

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
And Oh yeah...

Fuck you Rian Johnson

Moron doesn't even know how to spell his name right.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
And obviously Leia has had some serious force / Jedi training but never offers to show Rey or train her on any of it

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:

Videos

I tried. The monotonous droning of the narrator quickly led to me losing interest. No way could I sit through four hours of that.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
If you don't want to sit through all of the videos that Veeper posted at least go and watch part 1 from 1:10:24.

I found that part the most interesting and I feel for Mark Hamill. Though I wonder why if he had so much misgivings about the script, why he didn't just back out of the project.

Posts: 11166 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:

Videos

I tried. The monotonous droning of the narrator quickly led to me losing interest. No way could I sit through four hours of that.

I did. Watched all 3 of them. I thought they were excellent. He brought a many points I never considered.

I watched the deleted scenes (nephew bought Blu Ray). Take heart knowing that, based on what they cut, it could have been MUCH WORSE. Of course, most deleted scenes are garbage (they are mostly deleted for a reason).

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21846 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD43Bm10VcI

An edited version of the movie...

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Videos

Here’s a TLDR version. Love the rotting fruit visual. Can’t embed on my iPad Frown

https://youtu.be/9QJRw56cOVw

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Wow.

I just watched this on Amazon Prime. I had $5 in free movie rental credit, so it only cost me $1 in real money.

Yet somehow, I still want my money back.

The only redeeming quality of this movie is that at times, it looks/sounds vaguely like a Star Wars film.

Otherwise, total crapfest. Quite likely the worst of the SW films. And that's saying a lot, considering how bad the prequels were.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I really just want to watch the opening scene, as it's the most Star Wars part of the entire movie, yet every version on YouTube is heavily edited to skip every few seconds. I might have to bite the bullet and rent it just to watch five minutes of the movie.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
It's like Highlander 2...

It never happened. Doesnt exist. There is no episode 7

Fuck you Rian Johnson

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Jedi masters should never lactate a walrus being and then stab a fish with a big long stick...

I mean, c'mon, we know it's not your fault that the galaxy is all Forced up.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43882 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's like Highlander 2...

It never happened. Doesnt exist. There is no episode 7

Fuck you Rian Johnson

Luke could have been the Jedi badass. Rey figures out she has Jedi Blood. Finds Luke, trains, and they both go kick ass all around the universe. Luke becomes Liam Neeson in Taken. Nope, we’ll make Luke a big pussy and kill him. Roll Eyes

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12636 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
I found that part the most interesting and I feel for Mark Hamill. Though I wonder why if he had so much misgivings about the script, why he didn't just back out of the project.

1. He wanted to be apart of what launched him.
2. Payday

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
I really just want to watch the opening scene, as it's the most Star Wars part of the entire movie, yet every version on YouTube is heavily edited to skip every few seconds. I might have to bite the bullet and rent it just to watch five minutes of the movie.

It's not really worth it just for that. Really, that part of the movie was just too damn annoying. Bombers in space? WTF?

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Star Wars has jumped the shark.
I just got the email that it is now on Netflix.

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
Really, that part of the movie was just too damn annoying. Bombers in space? WTF?

I liked that part. I juts wished they had spent more time on it. If films like Twelve O'Clock High and Memphis Belle could have a whole movie on bombers, they could at least devote 10 minutes to a detailed space bombing run. George Lucas would have. He devoted 10 minutes to pod-racing and a WWII-homage Death Star space battle.

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:

1. He wanted to be apart of what launched him.
2. Payday

Yep, he waited thirty years to finish the character arc that gave him a career. No Mark Hamill = No Luke Skywalker. Besides voice acting, which has sustained him in the interim, what was he supposed to do but finish out his tenure as Luke Skywalker? He's about as typecast as it can get, and like it or not, Star Wars is his legacy as an actor. I feel really bad for him that they made him eat this fetid turd sandwich as his last course at the banquet.

quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
Star Wars has jumped the shark.
I just got the email that it is now on Netflix.

Rogue One has been on Netflix streaming for months. Haven't watched it since the one viewing in the theater, I don't want to contribute to any royalties anyone involved with it might get because of any streamed views. I caught the one viewing of TFA in the theater, got gifted a Blu-Ray of it that's never been opened. Watched TLJ in the theater, left feeling like I'd watched someone stomp my childhood dog to death for over two hours and promptly got the fuck off the Star Wars train.

Posts: 17127 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post