SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    First rock concert you ever attended.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First rock concert you ever attended. Login/Join 
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
some time in the early early 70's, or very late 60's,,

I was very young, Mom took me to see the Osmonds,,

after that,, ,local Bluegrass (uncle was in a band)
hated bluegrass at that time,,, really like it now,,

first on my own, Police, Ghost in the Machine tour, GoGo's opened,

been to somewhere around 75, maybe more, since

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Mann Music Center in Philly, 1994

Stone Temple Pilots
w/The Meat Puppets & Jawbox

Probably one of the best concerts I've been to too. The Meat Puppets could've headlined their own show.

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Queensrÿche in '90. They preformed Operation: Mindcrime in it's entirety. Suicidal Tendencies opened up for them.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Around 1966, the Association. I think it was at the high school gym in Auburn NY.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Metallica

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Pink Floyd, Antwerpen Belgium. , feb 22? 1977, Animals European Tour.
Recently found out there's a bootlegged music version of the concert, quite poor quality, somewhere in the interwebs.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12110 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
The Dead Kennedy's played my high school cafeteria (not the gym, HS was too worried about the basketball court) in the fall of 1978 or spring 1979 - somewhere in there.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
My first true major rock concert was 1968 Jimi Hendricks in Washington DC and for Wendy was 1964 The Beatles in Baltimore MD. In Baltimore back in the sixties there were local concerts in a park Hopkins University and all sorts of groups would show up and play for hours. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
My first real rock concert was at Anaheim Stadium in 1977. Lynyrd Skynyrd headlined (months before their plane crash) with Ted Nugent, special guests Foreigner, and REO Speedwagon opening.

Before this concert, I've wanted to see Zeppelin, Rod Stewart, Yes, etc., but never had the money. It wasn't until I was of working age (16) did I start attending gigs.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16697 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't remember which came first. Both right around the same time IIRC (2000/2001ish)

Ted Nugent/Deep Purple/Lynyrd Skynyrd
Full Devil Jacket/Collective Soul/Creed

------------------------------
I'm a right wing, anti-illegal, pro-life, gun owning, straight, white, college educated, politically informed, conservative, Christian male. Liberals hate me.

Posts: 2901 | Location: RDU, NC | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Styx (Grand Illusion tour); opening act The Cars (debut album tour).

Sixth row, center stage.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Bill Haley and the Comets '76 or abouts.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In 1966 or 67 I saw Terry Knight and the pack at a local place. Terry Knight was a DJ for a.m.8.0 CKLW, Detroit. Later he managed the band When Mark Farner took over the lead and they became Grand Funk RR.

Also about the same time saw Mitch Rider and the Detroit wheels and the same place here in Ohio.

Later saw the Bee Gees.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
Van Halen- Diver Down tour, 1982. Nassau Colliseum.

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KurtZ66
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daikyu:
Rush Signals tour 1982. Pittsburgh Civic Arena.

For me, it was the same tour in Atlanta, at The Omni.

My first concert ever was Kenny Rogers with my parents and sister. Gallagher (the comedian) opened for him.

‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’

— Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

Posts: 413 | Location: GA | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
1971 Ten Years After and Edgar Winters White Trash. What a show.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Rush, Exit Stage Left tour, Jackson Coliseum, Jackson, MS.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
1968, Mountain at Bloomfield College, NJ.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kiss when I was in junior high, so that would make it '77 or '78. I know things were different back then, but I'm not really sure my parents knew what they were doing. Smile

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoots Flies
at Fifty Yards!
Picture of SuhlShooter
posted Hide Post
Boston, 1977

Posts: 3028 | Location: Hit the ground running in Moultrie, GA | Registered: July 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post