SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What do we want Bruce to tell Sig that we want...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do we want Bruce to tell Sig that we want... Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Owning both I MUCH prefer the P225A1 over the original. Much better grip and the trigger is heads and tails over the old one. The P225 grips are too flat, the trigger guard too cramped, and the trigger geometry and pull is not good.

Now if I'm dreaming? A Sig Pro in 45 GAP. I fit like 8 GAP rounds into the magazine of my 2340.

Now THAT would be cool Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Mr. Gray is referring to the P6 version of the 225, as early models functioned poorly with hollow points and had stiff Euro spec actions.
I own 3 225s, including a P6 Suisse Montage. The other two are late model commercial models with very good actions and function with any ammo. For me, the 225 is the ideal combination of size, ergos, reliability and accuracy. Of all my Sigs, the 225s shoot the best for me. I will max out my credit cards immediately for a modern all stainless, rail less, night sighted P225 9mm. I would be very interested in the same gun in 357.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I think Mr. Gray is referring to the P6 version of the 225, as early models functioned poorly with hollow points and had stiff Euro spec actions.
I own 3 225s, including a P6 Suisse Montage. The other two are late model commercial models with very good actions and function with any ammo. For me, the 225 is the ideal combination of size, ergos, reliability and accuracy. Of all my Sigs, the 225s shoot the best for me. I will max out my credit cards immediately for a modern all stainless, rail less, night sighted P225 9mm. I would be very interested in the same gun in 357.

Yes please take my money!! A modern P225 with a SRT, night sights, must be rail free, and you couldn't take my money fast enough

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
As I'm getting ready to send several Glocks out to have their grips reduced, I keep coming back to wishing the 320 wasn't so damn thick.

I don't need the modularity, I just need slim for CCW.

One of three things will make me happy:

1) the 320 getting slimmer
2) Glock getting rid of the damn hump on their backstrap
3) HK offering a button mag release on their guns

I won't hold my breath, but I'll at least keep my fingers crossed.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to see some DA/SA polymer pistols that can share magazines like the Glock pistols. I also would like them to be ergonomic and have at least a comparable capaixcty to the Glock pistols. I think if they could manufacture a Sig P320 with a DA/SA pistol it would fit the bill.

Posts: 20 | Registered: August 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps Bruce can take down payments for some of these. Whatever he gets the most $ for gets made first. Because what usually happens, it seems to me, is you get a couple really vocal folks screaming "really really want", but after the factory ramps up, they sell 29 of them and the other 971 sit in a corner unless the factory cuts a sweet deal and gives them away.

Certainly, replacement parts for existing or no longer produced firearms should be seriously considered and done, even if it's not a profit center: just to not piss everyone off if for no other reason.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I'm sympathetic to those who'd like to see the return of the original 225, but good heavens, a 225A1ST? Gimme, gimme, gimme!

And yes, I'd be happy to deposit a down payment.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Bruce was correct. The older P225/P6 models did have problems. Like feeding hollow points and having excess slide velocity over running rounds in the magazines. These gremlins were eliminated where upon the P225 is now a outstanding handgun.
Just as any gremlins with the P320, serious,imagined or otherwise, will also be eliminated and forgotton. Just like the early P225 issues now apparently are...

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bruce, please convince SIG that they would be wise to resume production of the 9mm P229C compact (P229 frame with P224 slide). I was very fortunate to visit a closing Gander Mountain store where I found this sweet shooting
9mm handgun. Since retirement from federal law
enforcement, I have purchased and presently possess 33 Sig handguns (including two Legions),
but this P229C is a GREAT carry gun.

Posts: 248 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tequila with lime
posted Hide Post
Make the Legion triggerguard cut and other frame cuts a standard on all pistols. These cuts cost nothing to make when manufacturing the pistol but are very expensive to do after the fact.

Make the improved triggers standard on all pistols. Again, this is something that costs nothing to do during initial manufacturing but is expensive after the fact.

Make a striker control device for the P320.

Offer all pistols with slide cuts for a red dot. Include mounting plates so we can mount the one we want. Sell these pistols without the RX included. These pistols should come with tall night sites.

Offer the Legion night sights in suppressor height.

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Student of Weapons Craft
Picture of Exodus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
As I'm getting ready to send several Glocks out to have their grips reduced, I keep coming back to wishing the 320 wasn't so damn thick.

For #3 check this out:
http://www.heckler-koch.com/en...roduct-overview.html

Posts: 261 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Exodus:
quote:

For #3 check this out:

Yeah, I saw that. Looks like they will only be available in Eruope...which is ironic as all get out IMO. Let's make an American mag release...but not sell it in America! lol

I'm not aware of any plans for those to be sold here in the near future. It's a shame, I'd be all over them.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Surprised I haven't seen any mention of a classic P230/P232 in 9mm.

Surely with modern manufacturing advances they can make a true 9mm work with the simple blowback design.

Leave everything else on the gun exactly the same, step it up from .380 to 9mm and offer an alloy and full stainless version.

Posts: 37 | Registered: January 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
At this point I'd rather get a new locked-breech .380. I keep trying to find options for the more senior members of the family, and cycling the slide and loading the mags seem to be the two big barriers for them.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P227 carry. Mag/grip cut down with 8+1 doublestack capacity. 3.9” barrel, Legion features. SAO with P226 Legion SAO style safety

Posts: 16 | Registered: December 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsasser05:
P227 carry. Mag/grip cut down with 8+1 doublestack capacity. 3.9” barrel, Legion features. SAO with P226 Legion SAO style safety

The P227 is gone from their website. So, I don't see your wish coming true.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Dump mim and make old school p220s , 226s, 228s, 239s... That work every single time. No rails. No rainbow colors.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ksss
posted Hide Post
Bring back the SSG 3000!!!!!!

Posts: 390 | Location: idaho | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Ho-lee necro...is Bruce headed out to New Hampshire again or something?

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Exodus:
quote:

For #3 check this out:

Yeah, I saw that. Looks like they will only be available in Eruope...which is ironic as all get out IMO. Let's make an American mag release...but not sell it in America! lol

I'm not aware of any plans for those to be sold here in the near future. It's a shame, I'd be all over them.

Well a year later the full size VP9 with the push button release is here. We've had 'em sold through 'em. Sadly we won't be getting any more in the near future--at least directly--until HK gets through some of their military and police contract work (no more accepting ANY further U.S. civilian orders on ANYTHING until HK-DE gives the green light...probably some time in well into 2019; whatever's already on back order is the only stuff HK is willing to build and ship now for satisfying civilian sales). Frown

Aside from a few USP and P30 types I've been waiting months for already, everything else HK our shop will have to find through distributors which means higher prices for our customers, opposite of where the rest of the industry is headed.

Another thread resurrected from the kinda deep past...now I have to go back and find what I already said and posted over a year ago to see if I contradict myself now! Razz

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post