SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What do we want Bruce to tell Sig that we want...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do we want Bruce to tell Sig that we want... Login/Join 
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
A return to Absolute reliability. I have a 938 that Sig customer service has refused to recognize the problem of the slide stop dropping out. And now the problem with the 320.

My next purchase will be a shield.

Sig... Great designs with flawed execution. Frown

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
A reliable Phased Plasma Pulse Rifle in the 40 Watt Range.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I would love to order a new P220 X Six in .45acp. Start making them here, please.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thin single stacks with slimmer slides and frames. Preferably in 9mm, 357 Sig and .45 ACP, and NOT these small 938/238's, but P229 sized.
Also, a proper magazine for the Sig P225-A1 with an extra round instead of a recycled P239 magazine with a long plastic magazine base to reach the bottom of the grip. That design is criminal and not in line with what it should be!

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EasyFire:
A return to Absolute reliability. I have a 938 that Sig customer service has refused to recognize the problem of the slide stop dropping out. And now the problem with the 320.

My next purchase will be a shield.

Sig... Great designs with flawed execution. Frown

It's impossible to refute broad generalizations drawn from anecdotal experiences. For you, the probability of getting a balky 938 was 100%, and I feel badly for you.

I know a little about them. If you need help, let me take a crack at it?

Customer service representatives can't acknowledge what they can't do or experience. Trust me, I've had pistols which my clients swore were utterly inert work in my hands. It happens. Are you left-handed, btw?

As for the P320, please stay tuned.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
A reliable Phased Plasma Pulse Rifle in the 40 Watt Range.

Done. What else? Another 10mm maybe?

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
One more vote for the HD (stainless frame) variant of the P938, like they promised 2+ years ago.

I'd like to see that, too. I've become quite intetested in the 238/938 family lately.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Drop the P290 and replace it with a single stack P320

Just don't drop the P320.... Sorry had to

Boooooooo. Too soon. Wink

Some guys get a bird eating their liver for eternity. I get this stuff.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcs1564:
With the amount of people affiliated with Sig that have posted on this board over the years, I'm sure corporate has some kind of awareness of the more popular requests.

When the P225 "reissue" was announced, I spoke to Jeff Creamer about the all stainless model (remember that??) and we got on the topic of a 9mm P220, which some of us have asked for. Jeff indicated that the 220 had actually been discussed at Sig and might depend on how the 225 did. Of course, just because it's discussed doesn't mean anything will come of it.

I doubt Bruce relaying any type of info will do anything to move some things forward. Sig's marketing group has some type of research report that indicates what the market "wants" and it doesn't seem to include what's been noted on the forum.

I'll be there Monday and am always happy to pass along suggestions. As always, there are good ideas offered here. Thank you.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
They can't help me with what I want. A nice W. German P220 to hang out with my 228 and 226. I have zero interest in anything out of Exeter, too many issues for me to trust them.

Well then, lucky for you they built a new factory in Newington a few years ago.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
quote:
How about a 9mm all-Stainless P225, based on the original German design - not the A1 or "Classic" (nice piece of marketing there BTW - try to confuse your customers intentionally). Widen the grip a bit and deliver a 357 Sig version while you're at it.

Several here are waiting for the above to happen. I thought Sig even said it was coming... a couple years ago? Confused

Yep and I've been one of the most vocal. Instead of a SS original P225, they delivered a modified P239 in the P225-A1, which may have been a pretty poor way of testing the market.

Actually, it was the only practical way to bring out a reliable SS with a good trigger that can hold up to .40/357 if required and compare favourably to modern P-Series pistols.

I wonder, why the sentimental adoration 5for the original P225? No SIG garnered more complaints about stiff actions, reliability. They are my least favourite Classic SIG; the P225A1 is one of my most.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
To manufacture, in the US, oft-replaced X5 parts that are common to most X5 models. Springs and extractors, for example.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8954 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More 225 variants, especially SAS version, and how about factory 1 piece "E" grips.

.357 and .40

Dave

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While Im on a roll: 2022 single stack G19 size and subcompact variants. All calibers

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Writer by profession,
smartass by the
grace of God.

posted Hide Post
A P228 SAS.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posts: 618 | Location: Beaverton, OR | Registered: April 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
10mm P320

Posts: 1 | Registered: August 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
quote:
How about a 9mm all-Stainless P225, based on the original German design - not the A1 or "Classic" (nice piece of marketing there BTW - try to confuse your customers intentionally). Widen the grip a bit and deliver a 357 Sig version while you're at it.

Several here are waiting for the above to happen. I thought Sig even said it was coming... a couple years ago? Confused

Yep and I've been one of the most vocal. Instead of a SS original P225, they delivered a modified P239 in the P225-A1, which may have been a pretty poor way of testing the market.

Actually, it was the only practical way to bring out a reliable SS with a good trigger that can hold up to .40/357 if required and compare favourably to modern P-Series pistols.

I wonder, why the sentimental adoration 5for the original P225? No SIG garnered more complaints about stiff actions, reliability. They are my least favourite Classic SIG; the P225A1 is one of my most.

-Bruce

I never heard of any reliability issues, didn't realize there were that many complaints. I think its one of the best ergos of any pistol out there, a soft shooter, very comfortable, very accurate. I have had mine for over 20 years and its my favorite pistol, period. Years ago I was in bad financial shape and sold everything I owned and all my pistols except that P225. Just my opinion.

I think SIG should have just called the new one something else, the 225A1 is a fine pistol, but when the 225 was announced I think people wanted the original back and thought maybe it was coming, along with fresh supply of mags, etc. Instead it was more like a re-tweaked 239. If the pistol isn't coming back, Id like to see a fresh lot of mags produced for all the old ones out there!

And a slimmer P320 9mm compact would be awesome

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:

-Bruce

Let me answer the last question first: To me and I know several others on SF, the original P225 has the best ergonomic grip of the original P-series. I've used it as an EDC for a decade or more - one of my favorite pistols, definitely my favorite Sig. Both models I own were made in/after '94 and I've had zero reliability issues (which, please correct me if I'm wrong, appear to have been mostly HP feed related in pre '90 models). Could the trigger pull be improved? Sure thing and with a high torque trigger + QRT from another smith, that's exactly what I did.

I wasn't aware that Sig was ultimately planning to introduce a SS variant of the P225 in .40/357, which goes to my original post as previous threads only hinted at the possibility. Many of us have been waiting and appreciate the confirmation, although I would much prefer if they kept as close to the original design as possible (not the A1 model). Cheers!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dakor,

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to see the 220 Compact frame with a full-size 220 upper. Would be more concealable than full size. Would only have 6 rounds, but they would be big rounds! My 245 is "one" of my favorite SIGs.

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.

Posts: 369 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
I'll be there Monday and am always happy to pass along suggestions. As always, there are good ideas offered here. Thank you.

-Bruce

Bruce - Thanks for the response. I'll offer up the following:

1. Rail-less frames for the P220/6/9 lines (the M11A1 notwithstanding). This doesn't have to be a cataloged/stocked item, just make a decent sized run once a year in the classic profile, not a P22xR frame without the rail. I just can't see how these would not sell out.

2. Offer some degree of customizing. I'm not talking anything over the top, but, some type of mix and matching with current production components and/or processes, ex: a P220 SSE SAO in .45, a P220/6/9 Combat with a black anodized frame, etc. About 4 years ago I was inquiring about having a P220 made with a custom S/N. My reasoning was personal and I was willing to pay a pretty decent amount for the service, but was told that it was not possible without Ron Cohen's authorization which is not granted very often. That seems to be a bit over the top. This is just a missed opportunity to make some easy profit for something that some Sig customers seem to want.

3. 9mm P220. SS/AL, all SS, rail, no rail, doesn't matter it would just be nice to have one without having to go through the usual search for a used thumb release model.

If not, how about an alternative? From my correspondence with Jeff, a conversion kit is most likely a no-go due to warranty concerns that would require the locking insert to be installed by a factory authorized armorer. Here's a workaround...sell the slide assembly, insert, and mags separately as parts. Speaking of parts...

4. Restrictions on sales to restricted states. Can you remind someone that if a given firearm is legal to sell in a restricted state, then conversion kits and magazines should be made available for sale as well? I bought two Legion SAO's over the past couple of months and it's BS that I can't order state compliant magazines for them. Yeah, more often than not, it's cheaper to buy from anyone else, but, sometimes, the convienence is worth it. On a related note, Sig seems to have some of the higher direct sale prices compared to other OEMs that gladly allow me to purchase direct from them in spite of the fact that I live in Connecticut.

As far as the P225 is concerned, I can't say anything that Lord Vaalic and Dakor hadn't already noted. Had the marketing been something along the lines of the new model being inspired by the original, it would be one thing. They instead implied (flat out stated) it was an update to the original version. From the Sig website:

"The original SIG Classic carry gun is back with modern enhancements that today's users demand — from G10 grips to a short reset trigger."

"The original SIG Classic single-stack, upgraded with new enhancements."

Had it been true to the original, I certainly would have one (one+??) along with a ton of mags as well eagerly awaiting the SS version to come out.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post