SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What do we want Bruce to tell Sig that we want...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do we want Bruce to tell Sig that we want... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueinterceptor:
How about a 226 frame with a 229 length slide and barrel

A '226 carry' to compliment the existing 229 carry.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
No rails or tails.

Give us the option please.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
The world is moving away from what I like.

I like full size, heavy, metal guns with a hammer in DA/SA with a nice large beavertail and no manual safety.

Pretty much my perfect gun is the P226 Stainless Steel Elite with the old tail.

I like your style sir. My friends call me a dinosaur, even the ones 20+ years my senior.

One side note, I never liked beaver tails until I got a legion with the medium sized beaver tail. I love that size.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will jump in:
Bring back the classic P225. In stainless. Chambered in .357 Sig. And 9MM too.
And it amazes me that Sig charges what they do for a gun but wont put night sights on it as standard.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
New line of DA/SA polymer pistols, new platform. All sizes. Subcompact single stack to full size double stack. When I bought my first Sig Pro I was hopeful they'd make smaller, and longer versions. Bring DA/SA back, market it.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:
A traditional DA/SA that has modular grip frames like the P250/P320.

And one that can accept the existing P22x mags.

Or make a mod that will let their new poly pistols use the P22x mags. Apparently they're the same shell. Just with the cutout for the mag release in a different location. Take a page from Glock. One of their big plusses is standardization of magazines across the platforms.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
A rainbow P228 to go with my Sig Bermuda shorts, Sig Hawaiian shirt and tactical flip flops. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by caneau:
I want them to deliver on their promises. Plain and simple.

How many models have we seen that are "coming soon"? How many missed launch dates have come and gone?

^^^ This and they still need Gen 1, Gen 2 designations.
Overhyped and under- delivered.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 3/4Flap:
For that matter, why does it have to be any thicker than a Browning HighPower?

This.

Posts: 516 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Frankly, the first thing I would ask Bruce to tell the SIG crew is "Hang in there, you'll get through the P320 issue". I'm sure once they get the retro fit kits out there the commercial P320s will be ok.

Then I'd ask him to tell them to hang in there with the M17 fielding. In the last decade I've been in the Army, I've never seen a NET/NEF go according to plan. Also, if it can be broken, Soldiers will break it. If it can't be broken, Soldiers will still break it. SIG will have to deal with the "teething" issues encountered with any new Army system. It'll cause some late nights and upset stomachs in Exeter, but it will not last forever.

Then I'd thank Bruce for the amount of time, energy and effort He and his team have invested into making SIGs better. I'm also thankful for all the knowledge he has shared here on the board.

Going forward I'd ask him to remind SIG that they had a reputation for quality, accuracy and reliability and every product they put out should reflect that.

Posts: 4591 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
I would like to see a version of the P227 in 10mm.

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
How about a 9mm all-Stainless P225, based on the original German design - not the A1 or "Classic" (nice piece of marketing there BTW - try to confuse your customers intentionally). Widen the grip a bit and deliver a 357 Sig version while you're at it.

Several here are waiting for the above to happen. I thought Sig even said it was coming... a couple years ago? Confused

Yep and I've been one of the most vocal. Instead of a SS original P225, they delivered a modified P239 in the P225-A1, which may have been a pretty poor way of testing the market.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bring back the short extractor and put it on the Legion.

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Pistol thread I know but they bailed on the he 556xi too quickly. Now they want me to buy a virtus or whatever it is. I wonder how long it takes to bail on the MCX? The 556 was truly a unique rifle. An AK with the versatility of an AR.

I have one SIG rifle, an M400. Other than that I would never invest in a SIG rifle platform. They will likely bail on it for another new thing.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1. Tell the truth.

2. Make no promises they don't intend to keep.

3. Get rid of all the bling models.

4. Concentrate on value (quality of product).

TBK

Posts: 573 | Location: South Texas | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1) P229 SAO - with full length slide serrations
2) P225 SAO - Not this new version, think original with rounded front strap

I wanted to like the 225-A1, but that 239 front strap ruined it for me.

If Sig can make a SAO 220 and 226, why can't they make a SAO 229 or 225?

-TVz

Posts: 432 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: May 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just fix the P320.

(Not that it's broken. Just make all this mania go away).

Act like the company gives a damn about the consumers that keep them in business. My personal view of Sig is that its replaced HK as the "you suck and we hate you" company. It's not just the P320 thing. I mentioned previously a Sig day in which two factory reps showed up with a truck of unlubricated jam-o-matics to sample on the range, and seemed completely unconcerned. This behavior is unacceptable, even if the sugar-daddy government contracts can keep tm gooing. The government is not their base. Just a big buyer. Treat the base like it matters.

And fix the 320.

I dont expect Bruce to do that; his reputation is stellar. I expect Sig to take care of their Gen 1 MPX buyers. I expect Sig to be transparent nough that the customer base doesnt feel like it's being deceived or kept in the dark.

Sig had a reputation for quality, reliable firearms. Return to that.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sammael
posted Hide Post
What would I like?

For them please, please, please - to never make a 'Tribal' anything ever again.

Posts: 571 | Registered: August 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Personally, a full size version of the SP2022 to include a model chambered in 45 ACP, a DA/SA P250 and maybe a single stack version of the SP2022 as well.

Posts: 255 | Location: Oregon | Registered: April 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:

Yep and I've been one of the most vocal. Instead of a SS original P225, they delivered a modified P239 in the P225-A1, which may have been a pretty poor way of testing the market.

Yes, I agree. They need to keep 'carry' in mind and keep the mag plates like the original design. One thing I like about the 239, is carrying the slim extra mags, the base plates are an extension of the tube, not some oversized base plate.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Nothing short of bringing back Erhardt will satisfy me Wink

turtlebaykid, I couldn't agree with you more.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 2Adefender,

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post