SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post

Big Grin

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never owned a Glock. For the last few months I ave been seriously contemplating buying one. I held a FDE 26 at the range pro shop last week and almost did the unthinkable...I didn't and now I can't stop thinking about it. I am torn between a 26 and a 19.

Posts: 483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I feel oddly compelled to start a thread titled "You won't buy a Taurus." While I could see someone buying one for the range, depending on one for self defense seems like a mistake. All the ones that came through the gun shop were terrible. They sold because they were cheap, and cheaper used.

I would never consider a Taurus a Beretta, for a gun apparently made by "former Beretta equipment" and "former Beretta" employees, it makes one wonder the reason said things are formerly Beretta.

At best, Taurus makes full scale models of the real thing. And as I said in another thread, at least they aren't Charter Arms.

It still puzzles me the folks drawn to this thread to say that the don't won't, wouldn't and haven't bought a Glock. But they've thought about it, touched one, touched one again.

My own opinion on Glocks was formed by working at a range that rented pistols. Heck, I've probably mentioned it in this thread already. Of a wall full of handguns, nothing needed less maintenance, and the round count of all of these guns was beyond what most individual shooters would ever put through a pistol.

There sure are lots of different choices out there for a pistol, but really, for the money, a Glock can't be beat. Lots of very reliable and durable choices out there too, but again, I'd put Glock at the top of that heap.

It's ridiculous to hold up certain brands as similar, or better than Glock. Taurus would be one of those brands.

As far as user maintenance, again there are many pistols that are very easy to maintain, and don't really need much maintenance. But you can simply ignore a Glock, never clean it, and it will continue working long beyond other firearms.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
I also use the slingshot methdod, but the Vicker's stop is nice when you want to lock your slide open for cleaning, chamber clearing, whatever.
Just a push up with the thumb easily locks the slide open.

All my full and compact sized Glocks have a Vicker's slide stop.
My subcompacts utilize a stock Glock ext stop.

I borrowed these pics.....

I tried out the Vickers extended mag release, and Slide Stop, and in the end just kept the slide stop, i think it's a good addition if it fits what you need.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1911_Operator:
....I am torn between a 26 and a 19.

I have a 17 and was thinking the same thing. Shot a Gen 3 26 that was a range gun, Shot that 26 after the second shot better than my P239. Now I spend all day trying not to buy one!

Oh, and that range gun never malfunctioned and it was a mess.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am torn between a 26 and a 19.

You'll hate me for saying it, but just buy them both now. You'll buy one and wish you had bought the other to go along with it.

Posts: 177 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't it be great if we could get rid of Barack as easily as the trolls here... Wink

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Wouldn't it be great if we could get rid of Barack as easily as the trolls here... Wink
This thread is like flypaper. It has allowed me to identify and remove so many trolls, I've lost count.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
This thread is like flypaper. It has allowed me to identify and remove so many trolls, I've lost count.

Yes, definitely a sticky wicket for the trolls.

Alternatively..."'Will you walk into my parlour?' said the Spider to the Fly."

Think I'll stop here before I'm accused of being too punny. Wink

Keep up the Lord's work Para.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mmclean:
quote:

You'll hate me for saying it, but just buy them both now. You'll buy one and wish you had bought the other to go along with it.

This is true....flip a coin, you can't go wrong and you will likely end up with both. I personally went with the G19 first as I find it to be of ideal size.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob RI:
quote:
Originally posted by mmclean:
quote:

This is true....flip a coin, you can't go wrong and you will likely end up with both. I personally went with the G19 first as I find it to be of ideal size.

Same here.

First was the G19, then it was the G26 and then the G17 Cool

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
Keep up the Lord's work Para.
Yea, verily.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

Wonder why trolls is always nekked when they stick to trollpaper?

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Glocks make their clothes fall off. Big Grin

Posts: 17126 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
First was the G19, then it was the G26 and then the G17

this is how it happens.

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
arcwelder,i agree.over the years just about every gun company has had a forum start like the sig forum,.
over the years i have seen evry forum have this poll in them."If you had only one gun in a shtf scenario"what gun would it be that you would gra.an all the forums,evrn here on sig,the majority,not all gun owners,but the majority,have said they would want the glock over there sig,sw,ruger,etc.

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
My post was never an intent to troll. I agree that the majority of gun owners will own a glock at some point or another. They are just not for me. Grip angle has always been the issue. I did really enjoy the G36 i owned but the finger grooves didnt line up for my hand. I ended selling it and now own a P239.

Posts: 11 | Registered: September 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dano1974:
My post was never an intent to troll. I agree that the majority of gun owners will own a glock at some point or another. They are just not for me. Grip angle has always been the issue. I did really enjoy the G36 i owned but the finger grooves didnt line up for my hand. I ended selling it and now own a P239.

But you bought one...
Case closed.. Roll Eyes

EDIT: Oops, I didn't notice the "banned" status.
Carry on.. Big Grin

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Win Forever
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScorpionBoy:
quote:
First was the G19, then it was the G26 and then the G17

this is how it happens.

For me it was G34, then picked up a G19. I handled both, but felt the G19 was comfortable and compact enough to pick it over the G26. Now I am looking into and researching a G41 (.45 Auto).

Posts: 691 | Location: Charlottesville, VA & Seattle, WA | Registered: May 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was set on getting a 26 as my next carry gun but that 320 sc is very tempting. I wish I could find a place where I could rent and shoot both side by side

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post