SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LongJohnSilver:
The only way I would own a Glock is if someone gave me one and then I would sell it and put the money towards another Sig.

Ditto.

Posts: 382 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, for God's sake. Get out of my thread. If you're going to do your best to be nothing more than an annoyance, I'm going to remove every post from you in this thread, and every post that quotes you in this thread.

Posts: 107583 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I got a Glock 17 for myself along with about 15 spare mags for it. I have officially rejoined the dark side. I also plan on getting a dark earth framed Gen 4 G17 which in all this panic buying means I'm more likely to find a unicorn being ridden by a Emily Blunt.

"One does not simply walk into this topic"
- CheeseItBaggins- Gamefaqs 2/22/2010
Sig MK 25
Springfield MC Operator
Glock 19
Glock 17
S&W M13 3"
S&W M28-2 Highway Patrol

Posts: 360 | Location: Tacoma, Washington State | Registered: August 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
We were having a discussion, but now you're just being a pest. The thread is here to stay. You, on the other hand- well that's an open question.

Posts: 107583 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was planning on picking up some more spare g17 mags, but then everybody freaked out. Put me in the camp of waiting this out. The 10 I have will last me for now.

quote:
Originally posted by frolicking dirtchild:
Well, I got a Glock 17 for myself along with about 15 spare mags for it. I have officially rejoined the dark side. I also plan on getting a dark earth framed Gen 4 G17 which in all this panic buying means I'm more likely to find a unicorn being ridden by a Emily Blunt.

Posts: 1026 | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to say I've never really been a big fan of striker fired guns but have really started to give a glock 19 some serious thought.

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hlb14:
I have to say I've never really been a big fan of striker fired guns but have really started to give a glock 19 some serious thought.

This is how it begins!

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Adirondack Mtn Guy, The One Stop Shop
Picture of AdkMtnGuy
posted Hide Post
My girlfriend as mentioned earlier in this thread bought a glock 22, but now, she's adding another to the family, a glock 26 (gen4) to carry.

I say EXCELLENT! As long as it's reliable, it's therefore trustworthy to help her defend her life. She's HAWT, so she easily attracts attention, so a Glock, a Sig, whatever. Reliability is the bottom line.

I've used Glocks on duty for a while, ironically I shoot G's better than Sigs, funny, I'm good, but the G22C has been good to me.

Take Care, God Bless, and be safe!
~AdkMtnGuy
WY0ADK

http://www.MacGregorSpecialties.com
NRA Certified Instructor
Defensive Shooting Instructor
Oath Keeper
Μολὼν Λαβέ

"Pain is your friend, it lets you know you're still alive and therefore you've still got fight left in you..." -me

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9 - New Line of Duty June 11, 2010 - WOOF!
And another one on top, Feb 14, 2012!

Challenge my Brute! http://mac.mybrute.com

Posts: 1695 | Location: Circle of Protection | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
If you are a fan of .45, you owe it to yourself to get a gen4 G21

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
If you are a fan of .45, you owe it to yourself to get a gen4 G21

Or a Gen 2... Wink

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To be clear, I have no interest in Glocks whatsoever.

So why is the 34 calling to me? And the 17L?

Hypothetically, ahem, if I did have an interest in getting a Glock, do you folks suggest the 34 or 17L?

Posts: 85 | Registered: November 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billfasttax
posted Hide Post
I bought a Glock 34 a couple of months ago. Kinda liked it so I bought a 19 last week. Still have all my Sigs.

Am thinking about selling my 220 stainless. Does that make me a bad person?

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming…......WOW! WHAT A RIDE!

Posts: 766 | Location: North of Atlanta | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
You go out and shoot it yet?

Not yet, but I expect it not to be too much different than prior G34s. Right now too busy selling the things to have time to actually shoot them. Hope to find a moment or two after Christmas to get some quality time at the range.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
tbh I still don't like Glocks....yet I can't resist fondling my new G17 Smile

Posts: 184 | Registered: September 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to shooting my Gen 2 G19 now that it has proper night nights vs the Big Dots it came with. Also have some stuff on order for it, some springs, grip plug, 4.5 Glock connector, Glock extended slide stop.

Rhino

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Clubster
posted Hide Post
Just picked up another two! My God what have I started and I am not even a huge Glock fanSmile.

Able Company Sports LLC -- Licensed FFL
AbleCompanySports@Charter.Net

Posts: 5340 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: May 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stringfellow:
Hypothetically, ahem, if I did have an interest in getting a Glock, do you folks suggest the 34 or 17L?

The G34's Siren Song called me onto the rocks last year. My ears were immune to their call from 1982 through 2010. Resistance was futile, so I bought my hypothetical Gen4 G34 in October of last year.

After a couple of thousand rounds I have no complaints. One advantage to polymer frames is that old geezers like me can modify it to accomodate arthritic fingers, swollen joints, 1911 thumb calluses, finger calluses and other bad stuff. Recoil of the Gen4 with factory ball is like a big .22LR. Old fingers also like the trigger. My Sig DA/SA's are my favorites, but the trigger finger starts to ache after extensive two-shot defensive drills.

I don't know if the G17L is generally available as a new gun. The slide length of the G34 is more than adequate and it has a very nice balance. I carry my G34 in a Sparks VM-2 IWB holster and use a Blade-Tech belt holster for extensive range use. I don't think you will want to carry a 17L.

Probably half the posters here in the worlds longest thread felt the same as you. Until they heard the Siren's song. Smile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siren

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh lord I found a an FDE Glock 17 Gen4. Must.Pull.Trigger.Buy....Agggh. My poor Visa card.

"One does not simply walk into this topic"
- CheeseItBaggins- Gamefaqs 2/22/2010
Sig MK 25
Springfield MC Operator
Glock 19
Glock 17
S&W M13 3"
S&W M28-2 Highway Patrol

Posts: 360 | Location: Tacoma, Washington State | Registered: August 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spdski
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stringfellow:

I'd go with the 34 (and I did) because it has the extended barrel, but is still practical enough to carry. Also, I don't think there are a lot of holster options for the 17L.

Then again, the 17L is more unique. Either way, I suspect you'll be happy!

Posts: 1273 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spdski
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frolicking dirtchild:
Oh lord I found a an FDE Glock 17 Gen4. Must.Pull.Trigger.Buy....Agggh. My poor Visa card.

Any idea if they sell it through the blue label program? I've yet to see one in my area except for the standard red label ones and I'm too cheap to go that route.

Posts: 1273 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post