SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What is your favorite Sig pistol ?
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your favorite Sig pistol ? Login/Join 
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I've owned a P6, P229, P228, P245, P365 in that order:

My favorite is my P228 but I pretty much don't carry it anymore, next favorite is my P365 - concealability & shootability in a small package!

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The beautiful SIG P232 was my first SIG and it is still my favorite.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
My all-time favorite? Definitely the P220. My Combat is the 4th I have owned, sadly, I traded away my others, including a full nickel one. I kick myself to this day for that stupidity...

The 226 is a very close second.

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I like most of my Sigs pretty equally though this one has the most sentimental value to me and I just love how it looks and feels. It’s my only .40 cal and it’s a perfect host for the cartridge. I have a 357 Sig barrel for it too and it’s a hoot.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Swiss police P226 made in Germany.
Spa treatment at Exeter.
Dependable and classic.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
229 in .357 if I had to pick 1 it was a fun gun to shoot but no longer own any sigs, only Glocks.

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the only Sig i have ever shot is a German P226 i got about 2 months ago Its police traded w a few scuffs but shoots great and accurate i would say

Posts: 52 | Location: pennsylvainia | Registered: July 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depends how you define favorite. My favorite, even though it gets the least time out, is my 232 because it is a work of art.

Posts: 550 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
I just love coming back to this thread every year so I can see Q's pic on page one.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:
I just love coming back to this thread every year so I can see Q's pic on page one.

Can't compete with those initial pictures on page one or many that followed but I guess in thinking about this it is obvious what is my favorite Sig:

P239's... two in 9mm and three in 357 Sigs... but also it seems there is something else that is my favorite.... all of them have Crimson Trace laser grips.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P320 carry with Wilson Combat grip module, Apex trigger and Ameriglo sights.

Left the blazing dumpster fire of of taxes, corruption and tyranny that is Illinois, for freedom in Florida.

Posts: 13 | Location: Southwest Florida | Registered: February 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
Reading all the replies and considering my instinct when I need to grab one that will give me the best chance at success, I have to say my Legion 226 is my go-to.

Although, I hope to change that with my current project... taking everything I love in my Legion and putting it in my preferred frame. Found a 1998 German frame - no rail... check, no extended beverage tail... check. I have the Legion slide and will be putting a grayguns adjustable trigger, enhanced trigger bar, and of course the SRT sear and safety. When finished, I will have a “P226 Legion by Dave”.

Sneak peak (just put it together until new trigger parts and grips arrive)

Dave

Posts: 469 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably my 229 in .40, made in about 1994. It was my first semi auto duty gun. We got the 226R in .40 later. It was a great gun, but a real boat anchor especially with a light. Our latest duty gun was the 320 in 9mm, the jury is still out on that one. Had a couple of German 228's and 226's, never liked the sloppy slide to frame characteristics on them. So, the winner is my 229.

Posts: 660 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The" reference:
Big Grin

Posts: 341 | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P226 Stainless Steel Elite 357 Sig.

It has been an on again/off again love affair, but it is back burning hot. It is my absolute "Go To" pistol if things go sideways, regardless of brand. Unknown round count. Zero lifetime malfunctions. Super accurate and I can run it quickly.

I had to laugh. I went back in this same topic and found that my P226 was my 4th favorite in July 2018. Still own the same 4 Sigs. Order has changed.

P226 SSE 4 ->1
P938. 1-> 2
P220 38S 2->3
P239 3->4

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
My P228...

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5398 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Schweizerische Industrie Gesellschaft (SIG) only ever designed/produced one, and it's a thing of the past. But I do like it very much indeed.

Posts: 471 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
M11A1 with fat (normal) trigger. Skinny one pinched my trigger finger.

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Oh, btw, this is my favorite SIG. Razz

I wondered where all the 228s went.

I have one from mid 90s. I like 228 because it can take 226 mags. But 239-9 is also a favorite. Especially with 10 round mags

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
My first sig. 2 tone nickel 220. 228 and 225 next. Then 226.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post