SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The 10mm SIG 220ST Project
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 65
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 10mm SIG 220ST Project Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
email sent Smile. I'd like to get in on the second group if possible.

Posts: 28 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: April 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bulldawg art:

Hiya, Bulldawg! We'll get you in. Scott will look for your message. Thank you!

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
email sent of next group.

Thanks,

Brent

Posts: 395 | Registered: June 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by uzigalil:
email sent of next group.

Thanks,

Brent

Thanks, Brent!

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NorfolkP229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I had the privilege of visiting the new Grayguns digs in Fossil, and the opportunity to shoot the mighty Grayguns P220 1 cm.

Lucky bastard!!! Big Grin

---------------
Jeffrey

P365 - GGI P220ST 10mm - Sig Mosquito - Various Others

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. " - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7897 | Location: WNC Native, now in Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: August 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lucky bastard!!!

Amen to that.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Nice avatar, Stan.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nice avatar, Stan.

Peggy took the shot; it was a lucky one, with the twilight coming on so the camera set a slow shutter speed. Cool, huh? Cool

BTW I really liked the 10 mm, and it was very accurate despite the whopping load of the Buffalo Bore ammo.

Here's a shot of the target after 4 rounds--the first one is the one off to the right.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sjtill:
I had the privilege of visiting (...)

sjtill,

Amazing photo - can you please tell me what camera/lens you used and the aperture speed combination? I suppose something like 1/125 or 1/60 without flash?

Thank you!

Posts: 341 | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I don't know much about digital cameras, but if the above photo was taken with a conventional camera, I would have guessed 1/30 second or even slower (1/15).

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Here's the EXIF data:
ISO 200
1/8 second
f 2.8
Normal program

The camera was a Panasonic Lumix FX-30. As noted above, photo was one of a series in burst mode, taken in near-twilight, hence the slow shutter speed and wide-open f stop.

Picture of Rock-N-Ruin
posted Hide Post
That is a neet photo!!! now I want one in 10mm..

Posts: 243 | Location: Wa. | Registered: August 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of proud2pak
posted Hide Post
the "jump" doesn't appear that bad.

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2197 | Location: Utah | Registered: April 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
The 10mm prototype was shot by forum member Craigar45 this weekend at our season opener IDPA match in Bend and it functioned great....pics and videos will be up very soon.

Scott

------------------------------
-------------------------------------------
Scott @ Apex
-------------------------------------------
"Own enough guns that your wife will never notice a gun or 2 being added or taken away from the collection."
Leonard Novak - "Thee Gambler" (SASS)
------------------------------------------------

My guides to Sig Lubrication: http://www.apextactical.com/bl...-sauer-pistol-rails/

http://www.apextactical.com/bl...nternal-lubrication/

Posts: 3489 | Location: Apex Tactical Specialties - Peoria, AZ | Registered: June 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quattro_joe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flork:
The 10mm prototype was shot by forum member Craigar45 this weekend at our season opener IDPA match in Bend and it functioned great....pics and videos will be up very soon.

Scott

I shot the 10mm Friday and will post a write up, as well as the videos of Craigar45 soon, I am a little worn out from the trip back from Bend.

All I will say is that this is the way the gun should come from the factory. Bruce, Scott, and Cupcake have outdone themselves!

"Sometimes Magic sounds like Tape" -- The Amazing Johnathan

Posts: 1208 | Location: Redmond,WA | Registered: March 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So nice to know "excellent" is "normal" for Bruce and his posse! Looking forward to more pics and videos!

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lieutenant
posted Hide Post
Bruce, Scott,

I would be interested in getting in on the next group for conversion with a P220 ST elite. What is the approximate time frame and can a payment schedule be developed?

Steve

Posts: 996 | Location: Central CT | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lieutenant:
Bruce, Scott,

I would be interested in getting in on the next group for conversion with a P220 ST elite. What is the approximate time frame and can a payment schedule be developed?

Howdy and thank you! We're still waiting for our updated barrels for the first run; due to this being somewhat uncharted technical territory when we first ordered 20 10mm barrels from Irv last summer, the first batch needed a rework tweak as it turned out. Now we know exactly what this involves (and it's not THAT bad...) but I still want to be very conservative on future time estimates. I will say we SHOULD be able to get started on Round 2 by June, but that may not fit with BarSto's schedule. As nobody makes a better barrel (particularly for this demanding application!) we can only ask for everyone's patience.

Yes, we can offer terms to anyone who wants some of our work or to attend a class. Whatever works for you will be fine. Not everything has to be about money, and in more than 30 years we've never had a payment problem with a shooter. That speaks volumes for our "gun culture."

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
quote:
Originally posted by bulldawg art:

Hiya, Bulldawg! We'll get you in. Scott will look for your message. Thank you!

-Bruce

Thanks Bruce. I look forward to hearing from him. The email will be from aaviles@........com

Posts: 28 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: April 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned. This ex-member has a history of failing to deliver on goods and promises
posted Hide Post
Bruce,

Please put me in for the second run. I was just able to come up with an ST from another forum member recently.
I'd also like to throw one of the new guide rods into my package as well.

Scott, you have an e-mail or two in your box from me....

Any decisions yet on naming the package or engraving the logo for the 10mm conversion?

Thanks,

Stu

Posts: 647 | Location: Gator Country! | Registered: May 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post