SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The 10mm SIG 220ST Project
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 65
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 10mm SIG 220ST Project Login/Join 
Picture of AaronP220R
posted Hide Post
That would be cool. It would save the buyer from having to purchase a 220ST and go thru the hoops and ship it.

Les Baer Premier II (Custom Carry look-alike)
Les Baer TRS Hard Chrome
Sigarms P220 Carry SAO Beavertail
Sigarms P226 Blackwater
Sigarms P226ST 9mm

Posts: 4649 | Location: NW Houston Texas | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Hang on, guys! I'd like to not get too far ahead of ourselves. Our 10mm's are being built on customer-supplied pistols. If the demand warrants it, we will consider building pistols as manufacturers, for retail sale. Right now, that doesn't seem to be something y'all want us to do.

The term "production" carries some connotations that I'd also like to avoid. By "production" I don't mean to suggest that we have a line of parts that we're slapping together in some indifferent manner.

From barrel fitting and sights to action work and magwells, I'm working up each 10mm individually, other than to batch up the machining and marking.

I'll update everyone on our progress presently.
I'm going to be calling each of you later this week to verify your work orders and discuss exactly what we're doing, now that we've been testing the crap out of our prototypes.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of signoir
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
I'm going to be calling each of you later this week to verify your work orders and discuss exactly what we're doing, now that we've been testing the crap out of our prototypes.

-Bruce

Hoo-rah!

"When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power...like God must feel... when he's holding a gun!" H. Simpson.

Posts: 1044 | Registered: July 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AaronP220R
posted Hide Post
I would take that P220ST in .45 in a heartbeat. I'm not a real big fan of the 10mm but that gun is stunning!

Les Baer TRS Hard Chrome
Sigarms P226 Blackwater
Sigarms P226ST 9mm

Posts: 4649 | Location: NW Houston Texas | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:

-Bruce
Awesome, Bruce.

Leave a message if I'm not home, or e-mail me and I'll call GGI.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Am I too late to get in on this ? If not How do I get on board ?

Posts: 395 | Registered: June 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by uzigalil:

E-mail the good people at GGI and they may be able to hook you up.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36842 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by uzigalil:

Not to worry...you're too late to get in the first group of conversions, GGI has already said that they'll be doing another group following this...I suspect that Bruce & Flork are going to find themselves doing about 20-25 conversions a quarter for some time.... Big Grin

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AaronP220R
posted Hide Post
For a two smith shop they've gota HUGE demand on there time.

Les Baer TRS Hard Chrome
Sigarms P226 Blackwater
Sigarms P226ST 9mm

posted Hide Post
Bruce & Flork, project is coming along nicely! Guess we're all just impatient!

Have had some inquiries recently about shipping brand new, untransferred guns directly to you for this project. Last I heard from you was there are "federal tax issues" that really don't permit sending "new, untransferred guns"? If this is correct, you might want to reiterate again, even if answered long ago in this lengthy thread? This would not apply to CPO's, if I remember correctly, as they have been transferred previously, as new guns?

Thanks!

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I forgot about this until just now when I was on Gunsamerica.com. We also shot this short footage for them at SHOT.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/video/player.aspx?Channel=2&vid=27

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Very cool video. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36842 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
Bruce/Flork:

A chance comment by a friend set me to thinking...always a dangers prospect. Wink

First, with the new .22 conversion kits that Sig just introduced at Shot Show, will the GGI converted guns be able to take advantage of this? Or are there is there a changes to the magwell which would make this impossible?

Second, is it feasible that 10mm project guns might be capable of converting to shoot .38 Super simply by swapping barrels similar to the .40/.357 Sig conversion we're already familiar with?

Certainly there'd be no problems with pressures created by .38 Super rounds, but at a minimum, I presume it would take our friends at Bar-Sto being willing to machine 10mm barrels bored to .38 Super dimensions? Would it require custom magazines as are already having to be manufactured for the 10mm conversion?

Maybe it's just me, but it would be freakin' AWESOME if I could go from .22LR to .38 Super to 10mm.

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NorfolkP229
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll update everyone on our progress presently.

Whoo hooo!!! Sounds like we are getting close!!! Big Grin Can't wait to get that call and get everything finalized!!

---------------
Jeffrey

P365 - GGI P220ST 10mm - Sig Mosquito - Various Others

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. " - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7897 | Location: WNC Native, now in Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: August 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flork
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anarion:
Bruce/Flork:

A chance comment by a friend set me to thinking...always a dangers prospect. Wink

First, with the new .22 conversion kits that Sig just introduced at Shot Show, will the GGI converted guns be able to take advantage of this? Or are there is there a changes to the magwell which would make this impossible?

Second, is it feasible that 10mm project guns might be capable of converting to shoot .38 Super simply by swapping barrels similar to the .40/.357 Sig conversion we're already familiar with?

Certainly there'd be no problems with pressures created by .38 Super rounds, but at a minimum, I presume it would take our friends at Bar-Sto being willing to machine 10mm barrels bored to .38 Super dimensions? Would it require custom magazines as are already having to be manufactured for the 10mm conversion?

Maybe it's just me, but it would be freakin' AWESOME if I could go from .22LR to .38 Super to 10mm.

As long as Sig has a P220 conversion to 22lr, it will work on the frame. You may need a factory mag release, but that should be it.

38 Super is probably doable, we'll need to get input from shooters as to what kind of interest there is before we go asking Irv to make us barrels, but it should work. We may need a different extractor as well, but that shouldn't be to big a thing.

With a factory mag release, factory 38 super mags would work.

Scott

------------------------------
-------------------------------------------
Scott @ Apex
-------------------------------------------
"Own enough guns that your wife will never notice a gun or 2 being added or taken away from the collection."
Leonard Novak - "Thee Gambler" (SASS)
------------------------------------------------

My guides to Sig Lubrication: http://www.apextactical.com/bl...-sauer-pistol-rails/

http://www.apextactical.com/bl...nternal-lubrication/

Posts: 3489 | Location: Apex Tactical Specialties - Peoria, AZ | Registered: June 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link to that video!!

Posts: 160 | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flork, might a 40 S&W conversion barrel from Barsto be an option? Could then shoot that with cheaper ammo; but mags might be an issue, needing a "single stack"?

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ordnance Outsell:
Flork, might a 40 S&W conversion barrel from Barsto be an option? Could then shoot that with cheaper ammo; but mags might be an issue, needing a "single stack"?

Why not? Very doable! Thanks!

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Bruce, thanks for your reply! Thinking you would definitely have customers interested in that possibility, know I would? Since you're the "magic man" how about a 155 howitzer conversion?

You might not have seen earlier in week post, regarding shipping "new, untransferred guns directly to you" post? Presume it is policy, due to federal tax issues, for us only to ship previously transferred CPO's to you direct; but new guns must go to original purchaser before reshipping to you? As you are getting closer, customers are asking to do this on new guns?

Thanks!

770-977-0662

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I had the privilege of visiting the new Grayguns digs in Fossil, and the opportunity to shoot the mighty Grayguns P220 1 cm.

With regular FMJ training ammo it's a pussycat...much like shooting a fine .45 ACP P220.

But load it with their Buffalo Bore 180 gr JHP (1350 fps, 728 ft-lbs of whoopass) and it's a handful.

Despite that, it's accurate, and if you run across a mountain lion on your trail ride, this would pretty much do the job.

Oh, the felinity!!

If you want to see more pix of our Wild Animal Kingdom Oregon Fossil Safari 2008 (WAKOFS '08), you'll find this thread in the Gallery:
WAKOFS '08

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post