SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The 10mm SIG 220ST Project
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 65
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 10mm SIG 220ST Project Login/Join 
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
WOW!!!!!!! That's what I'm talking about. What a beautiful P-220.

Thanks! I will say our production versions will be more integrated in finish and more attractive still. More pics coming soon!

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gary1911A1:
Could you show us some pictures of the inside of the frame where the locking block is?"

Gary, I'm not entirely comfortable posting pics of certain internal components like the locking insert at this time. We're doing some proprietary "stuff" in there that can be easily misunderstood or inadequately copied by others with potentially poor results. I know some folks will try despite not having the benefit of considerable experience, specialized techniques and parts, and huge tech support to do so properly, but for now let's not encourage it? Thanks! I beg your understanding.

As for the second run, we will take orders as soon as we start delivering our first run. Just waiting on the updated barrels, and we're off and running.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident BoneCrusher
Picture of 45R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
quote:
Originally posted by 45R:
Slightly off topic but its about time you guys have shirts and a logo Smile

We have shirts, hats and a logo. After 30 years, I thought it was about time.

Bruce

How hard did Flork twist your arms and legs Big Grin

---------------------------
My Gallery

Posts: 9656 | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AaronP220R
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Clubster:
That is one real nice looking P220ST (10mm)!! I am suprised Bruce has not engraved his name or company name on the pistol somewhere. I think it would add a great custom touch.

We will be. I'm looking for a firm who can do this for us reliably and quickly in our region.

-Bruce

Send me your logo. If you got some sort of CNC controls you could probably use a 1/32 ball end mill with nice results. I'll create a program for you if you need it.

-Aaron

Les Baer Premier II (Custom Carry look-alike)
Les Baer TRS Hard Chrome
Sigarms P220 Carry SAO Beavertail
Sigarms P226 Blackwater
Sigarms P226ST 9mm

Posts: 4649 | Location: NW Houston Texas | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AaronP220R
posted Hide Post
OH! and you've got an Email from me that requires your response; if you would be so kind, sir!

Thank you,
Aaron

Les Baer TRS Hard Chrome
Sigarms P226 Blackwater
Sigarms P226ST 9mm

Posts: 4649 | Location: NW Houston Texas | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clubster, great idea for engraving to add that special touch, not to mention promotion of great work done by GGI! Bruce, glad you're looking for a source! Would give your customers just a little extra "pride of ownership"!

Why I know a couple who are having hearts tattooed for Valentines Day saying "Bruce Gray and GGI forever"! I even considered it before deciding too ostentatious for me, personally!

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Clubster
posted Hide Post
Just out of curiosity can you get the 10mm barrels without Bar-Sto stamped on the side?

Able Company Sports LLC -- Licensed FFL
AbleCompanySports@Charter.Net

Posts: 5340 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: May 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clubster, knowing Irv Stone, don't think he'd send out barrels "unsigned"; but maybe "Barsto/GGI"?

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Clubster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ordnance Outsell:
Clubster, knowing Irv Stone, don't think he'd send out barrels "unsigned"; but maybe "Barsto/GGI"?

To me this is a custom high end pistol and the Bar-Sto name detracts from the pistols appearance and cheapens it up. I guess kind of like a putting racing stickers on a brand new Infiniti, Lexues, Mercedes (you pick your make)etc. Nothing against the barrels but I guess I just like clean lines and the Bar-Sto name looks kind of silly on this pistol; but I do like the 10mm on the barrel hood. Just an observation for the marketing department.

Able Company Sports LLC -- Licensed FFL
AbleCompanySports@Charter.Net

Posts: 5340 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: May 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
it's funny how times have changed.

it used to be a sign of a knowledgable shootist to have a Bar-sto marked barrel installed in his 1911. i certainly saw it as a sign of committment to excellence when GGI chose to have the barrels custom made by Bar-sto

but then i rather like the AMG Mercedes, the F class Lexus, the M class BMW, the V class Cadillac and the HKS Infiniti

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just out of curiosity can you get the 10mm barrels without Bar-Sto stamped on the side?To me this is a custom high end pistol and the Bar-Sto name detracts from the pistols appearance and cheapens it up. I guess kind of like a putting racing stickers on a brand new Infiniti, Lexues, Mercedes (you pick your make)etc. Nothing against the barrels but I guess I just like clean lines and the Bar-Sto name looks kind of silly on this pistol; but I do like the 10mm on the barrel hood. Just an observation for the marketing department.

No, nor would I even consider it. I cannot disagree more with your viewpoint regarding the BarSto branding, though I could certainly understand your position if the barrel had engraved upon it some other logo denoting indifferent quality.

No sir, as an originator of the after-market "match" pistol barrel and still the best maker of same on this planet, BarSto is fully deserving of the pride their modest mark displays. With all due respect to your reasonable desire for a clean appearance, I will not be party to concealing their crucial contribution to our project.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AaronP220R:
quote:
quote:
That is one real nice looking P220ST (10mm)!! I am suprised Bruce has not engraved his name or company name on the pistol somewhere. I think it would add a great custom touch.

We will be. I'm looking for a firm who can do this for us reliably and quickly in our region.

-Bruce

Send me your logo. If you got some sort of CNC controls you could probably use a 1/32 ball end mill with nice results. I'll create a program for you if you need it.

-Aaron

Thnaks, Dude! You're on.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Picture of redblair
posted Hide Post
My goodness she looks beautiful! Why oh why can't I win just a little lottery? Might be the lack of ticket buying.

BTW I agree with you Bruce regarding Bar-Sto. I'm quite proud of the 9mm barrel of theirs that I use in my 229. Excellent quality.

B

There are people with experience and people with opinions. Listen to one, smile at the other.

Dec. 15, 1791

Posts: 1176 | Location: Maryland | Registered: May 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AaronP220R
posted Hide Post
Bruce,
Give me a call ASAP. A major over sight is proving a problem and i need your input. My number is in the last email i sent you Friday Call the home or cell number, please.

Thanks,
Aaron

Les Baer TRS Hard Chrome
Sigarms P226 Blackwater
Sigarms P226ST 9mm

posted Hide Post
Great looking gun!!!! Don't forget the GGI logo....Looking forward to the range report!
Big Grin

Posts: 160 | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UndaCovaBrother:
Great looking gun!!!! Don't forget the GGI logo....Looking forward to the range report!
Big Grin

Thanks! We're shooting it again tomorrow. I'll post range pics.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Picture of AaronP220R
posted Hide Post
I would like to see more pics of it as well!

Beautiful gun, Bruce!

(Check yer' Emailz Smile )

Les Baer TRS Hard Chrome
Sigarms P226 Blackwater
Sigarms P226ST 9mm

posted Hide Post
quote:
I will say our production versions will be more integrated in finish and more attractive still. More pics coming soon!

-Bruce

Are you saying that you will be providing complete pistols, as opposed to working on pistols provided by customers? What is the current status of the second run?

Posts: 557 | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AaronP220R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluedog:
quote:
I will say our production versions will be more integrated in finish and more attractive still. More pics coming soon!

-Bruce

Are you saying that you will be providing complete pistols, as opposed to working on pistols provided by customers? What is the current status of the second run?

I think Bruce will still need a pistol. I'm not too sure he wants to go making his own frames and slides just yet. That's an expensive, involved process.

Les Baer TRS Hard Chrome
Sigarms P226 Blackwater
Sigarms P226ST 9mm

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I'm of course in no position to speak for Bruce and company. There was, however, an early post that I interpreted as saying they might sell completed modified guns that the company purchased directly and were not supplied in advance by a customer.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post