SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365....SHOT 2018?
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365....SHOT 2018? Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poppy6x:
I know this is a Sig Forum and I am a Sig fan, but I wonder about the size of the available market for the P365. I mean, how many people looking for a CCW pistol have not already bought a G43, Shield, PPS, CCP, LC9 (now EC9), etc.? With availability of extended mags and +1 or +2 mag extensions, betting on a one or 2 round capacity as a significant advantage is, in my opinion, a bit of a long shot. Hope it works out for them. Can’t help but wonder what would happen if they introduced in 2015?

I know I'm just one person, and I don't speak for the whole market, but at least in my situation, the P365 may just fill a niche that nothing else out there does. I currently carry a G26...have for about 8 years...but the P365 offers the same capacity in a much smaller package. And if the trigger is anything like the one on my P320, it's going to be worlds ahead of the G26 as well.

I looked at the G43 when it came out, but it wasn't smaller enough than my G26 to justify the reduced capacity and buying all new holsters.

The whole M&P family just never did it for me. I've not been impressed with the triggers on the ones I shot, and I'm not a big fan of the grip. There were a couple of times I almost bought one just because they were so cheap, but refrained because I knew it wouldn't replace my G26.

The Walthers...I'll admit to having pretty much no exposure to them, and I don't really know anything about them. They may be good pistols, but I see very few of them for sale locally, and they look kinda goofy to me.

The LC9 I have trouble gripping, and the trigger pull is atrocious, especially for someone with large hands and long fingers.

I looked at the 938 when it was released, and it is a nice little shooter, but the trigger reach is pretty short, and I'm not a fan of a safety on my carry guns, so it's out.

I need to hold and actually feel it to know for sure, but on paper at least, the P365 seems to offer a smaller, more concealable package than my G26, without giving up anything to capacity and still being very shootable. Assuming I can handle one with my large mitts, and that it's reliable, this may be the gun that finally puts the Glock out to pasture.

Posts: 8569 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
I have been on the fence as to whether to send my P320 back to SIG for the voluntary upgrade program. However, reading about and seeing the premature wear on the new P365 barrel hood, etal, has made me decide I will be sending the P320 back this week.

I mention this only because the problems with the P365 troubles me, even though it's a different model. It makes me question the q.c. as it stands today with SIG pistols in general.

I also mention I do not want any SIG product to fail. I've had SIG pistols since the early 1990s. I can't recall any newly release product having the problems the new pistol has.

The new P365 is an appealing pistol. I like the looks of it and I like the high capacity in a smallish auto, even though I have other pistols that fill this niche. I may buy one down the road once I feel the problems have been corrected.

Posts: 419 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GJM365
posted Hide Post
Another 90 rds through mine today. No issues. Shot Corbon 90 and 115 gr. +P. Ate em like candy
1,005 rounds and perfection.
Ordered a 2nd yesterday

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GJM365,

Posts: 20 | Registered: January 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GJM365:
Another 90 rds through mine today. No issues. Shot Corbon 90 and 115 gr. +P. Ate em like candy

Ordered a 2nd yesterday

Well, that's great to know. Thanks for your input.

Posts: 419 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ksss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poppy6x:
I know this is a Sig Forum and I am a Sig fan, but I wonder about the size of the available market for the P365. I mean, how many people looking for a CCW pistol have not already bought a G43, Shield, PPS, CCP, LC9 (now EC9), etc.? With availability of extended mags and +1 or +2 mag extensions, betting on a one or 2 round capacity as a significant advantage is, in my opinion, a bit of a long shot. Hope it works out for them. Can’t help but wonder what would happen if they introduced in 2015?

I think if there is a segment of the handgun market that enjoys easier justification, it is the CCW segment. It is much easier to justify a new purchase on a handgun you carry often or always. I think everyone that carries CCW is looking for an edge, be it holsters, ammo and of course round count is a definite edge in a gun fight especially with a small handgun. As long as it runs and the reviews are good, they will sell a lot of these and a lot of other CCW's will go up for sale or parked at home.

Posts: 390 | Location: idaho | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Top Gun Supply had the the P365 in stock for a short window today. Looks like more are up on gunbroker too.

They are selling out as soon as they hit the selves, but I'm guessing supply will catch before too much longer now that they are shipping again.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
Top Gun Supply had the the P365 in stock for a short window today. Looks like more are up on gunbroker too.

They are selling out as soon as they hit the selves, but I'm guessing supply will catch before too much longer now that they are shipping again.

Yowsers! I'll wait until the price drops a bit. TGS makes Gunbroker look CHEAP! (No knock on TGS whatsover, but you can tell the supply is no where near the demand).

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
quote:

Yowsers! I'll wait until the price drops a bit. TGS makes Gunbroker look CHEAP! (No knock on TGS whatsover, but you can tell the supply is no where near the demand).

http://www.quanticotactical.co...um=1760&CMSN=P365%3E

Googly moogly just looked at Gunbroker bids!!!! People are CRAZY!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That price is for the SIG I.O.P. or law enforcement program. Note the estimated delivery of June 2018.

Posts: 338 | Location: Chesterland, Ohio | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too am like many folks here - I would buy one today if the price was not MSRP or higher....and unfortunately I am not LE or IOP....

Hoping Warpig gets his inventory in real soon....This $500.00 is burning a hole in my wallet....Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

What was Top Gun selling them for? I just noticed that they are now asking MSRP. Was it higher earlier?

I am a bit disappointed to see them raising the price to even MSRP. I’ll be putting them in time out from my wallet for a little bit for that.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daddywaggs:
That price is for the SIG I.O.P. or law enforcement program. Note the estimated delivery of June 2018.

Too which he qualifies for.
Considering the bids on GB are approaching $800 a 3 month wait is no big deal.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pops572
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

What was Top Gun selling them for? I just noticed that they are now asking MSRP. Was it higher earlier?

I am a bit disappointed to see them raising the price to even MSRP. I’ll be putting them in time out from my wallet for a little bit for that.

They were $599, to which I would pay, but they sold out before I could get one. I would love to get a sub $550 one but have come to the realization if I want it before June I most likely will have to pay MSRP. And I will do that, but there is no way in heck I am paying 30% over that. I dont mind the dealers on Gunbroker that are starting the auction below msrp and the bidders take them to $800 or more, supply and demand, capitalism and all that. My problem is with the ones that are starting them at $850 or more, hope they never sell them, that is just greed.

------------------------------------------
I'm sorry could you repeat that, I'm not fluent in STUPID!

Posts: 1149 | Location: ,TN USA | Registered: November 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am a bit disappointed to see them raising the price to even MSRP.

Supply vs Demand.

Perfect storm. Low Supply, popular new firearm, and lots of gun control talk.

If I was a dealer I'd gunbroker them all off!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Everybody who knows Sig or has heard about Sig knows by now this is 10+1.

But . . . when you hold it, the first thing that pops into your mind is; "no way this thing is 10+1"

Smile

I really liked the looks and feel of the one I handled today. And I'm not worried about it panning out - pretty sure Sig has a winner on their hands with this one. But, unlike the guys who had to have the first Shield, had to have the first G43, had to have the first gen 5, I'm not getting stuck with that sticker.

I'll likely buy one, but I'll wait until the market calms down.

ETA: No hate for the dealers, make all you can. No shame in that game.

Posts: 10751 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by daddywaggs:

Too which he qualifies for.
Considering the bids on GB are approaching $800 a 3 month wait is no big deal.

I appreciate that. I really want to get my hands on one to feel it, but the only LGS I've found thus far with one had it on their rental stock, but lent out to a holster maker when I went by.

I've got a few other things in line before a new gun, so I'm not in a rush...$900 insurance payment, bill for daughter's ER visit, first wedding anniversary...such is life...

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

I am a bit disappointed to see them raising the price to even MSRP.

Supply vs Demand.

Perfect storm. Low Supply, popular new firearm, and lots of gun control talk.

If I was a dealer I'd gunbroker them all off!

I’m well aware of how it works. But if someone is going to try and make an extra $50-$100 bucks more off of me because they can, I’m going to avoid that vendor until I feel like I’ve given $50-$100 of profit (not revenue, but profit) to other vendors who didn’t try and get me.

I was waiting for TGS to get a Milt Sparks VM2 in for a 365, but I’ll just place an order direct from the manufacturer tomorrow.

I am a fan of TGS, but no one is above a call out and a time out from my support.

Picture of Top Gun Supply
posted Hide Post
Forgive me forum for I have sinned... Smile

We definitely could have just thrown them up on gunbroker and made at least an extra $100 each, but I prefer to offer them directly to our customers.

The last 2 years have not been good to the firearms industry. We sold quite a bit of product at cost and below cost just to keep the cash flowing. This is just how business works. We are not a basement business. We have 2 retail stores, a warehouse and 20+ employees. We need a fair amount of cash flow just to open the doors every morning. I absolutely do not fault any of you wanting or waiting for a better price. I do understand how the consumer thinks and why.

So, don't taze me bro!

https://www.topgunsupply.com

SIG SAUER Dealer and Parts Distributor

Posts: 10339 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am a fan of TGS, but no one is above a call out and a time out from my support.

I don't mean this to sound like I'm singling you out, but just in general talking to buyers in this case, using your example.

Has anyone ever given a dealer or store their scorn when they are selling something below MSRP?

Is it such a stretch of understanding for buyers that giving people a great deal on item A requires making steady profit on item B?

I find it interesting that people only support one side of the "suggested" retail price. Funny that nobody seems indignant when a common item goes on sale. It's pretty simple really. A store makes profit on popular item A, sells slower moving item B at a discount, and sells static item C at or below cost.

It's not gouging. At least not in the traditional sense. It's not like everything they have is marked up in response to the political climate (a'la Cheaper than Dirt/Sandy Hook) or an artificially suppressed market (stores hiding ammo or limiting purchase quantities).

The 365 is cool. Way cool. But it's not some unicorn. It's not some limited run or rare item. Sig's going to make eleventy-billion of them. Almost everybody has them or has had them, and everybody will continue to have them as Sig makes more and more.

Sit back and relax for a few months. Let the suckers pay +retail and this summer pick one up -retail. It's going to be a hot minute before spare mags and holsters are heavy in the pipeline anyway. Why the rush?

Who you support with your money is your business, but I think we as buyers need to try to see the big picture sometimes too. And when it's somebody who has given us great service and prices in the past, I think we need to be extra understanding.

Now if they're jacking AR prices in response to all the "ban assault rifles" broo-ha, I'll grab my pitchfork and march with you.

But the 365 has been going for over retail since before the events of the 14th.

Posts: 10751 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
In addition to my caution in buying any product during the first year of production, I am one of those people who is never in a rush to buy the very latest at higher prices due to low supply.

However, I bought my P320 Carry from Top Gun on Gunbroker. I paid a low end price, less than it would have been at the local shops even with shipping and transfer fees. I also bought extra mags from them at discounted prices.

So I have no complaints with TGS.