SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NYT cites Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
NYT cites Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein Login/Join 
Circling the bowl
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
The crapalanche is gaining steam.
 
Posts: 4568 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Circling the bowl
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
They’re going to change the name of the company. Miramax is also eternally tainted.

Nothing he’s built will likely survive.


Good.



They should change it to Miramaximum Security. Wink
 
Posts: 4568 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:

"Democrats under pressure to return Harvey Weinstein's campaign contributions ..."



Well, it sounds like he's going to need that money back.

I wonder who's going to play him in the movie...


~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Endowment)
Family, Guns, Country

"My guns are always loaded."
~R.G. Justified

What whiskey will not cure, there is no cure.
 
Posts: 17935 | Location: Out of Jersey, Into Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted October 11, 2017 05:37 PM Hide Post
The Kennedys have been restored by rehab stints for all sorts of social lapses, shall we say.



This is true. However, the Kennedys are still viewed as Royalty to some degree. Bill Cosby is not coming back, and neither is this guy. I am not at all surprised at his behavior and studio execs. I keep thinking of the term, casting couch, which has been around for years. This guy is a PREDATOR not some horny middle aged guy who cannot keep it in his pants. Using power and intimidation to get sex is similar to the behavior that occurs in our prisons. It is about power and privilege, NOT SEX.

Treatment approaches are generally NOT EFFECTIVE with this sort of individual. Treating sexual compulsion is possible, this behavior does not seem to fit in that category. Chemical castration does help, although I am not advocating that as an approach.
 
Posts: 2512 | Location: MS GULF COAST | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
...eternally tainted.
I'll say. Razz
 
Posts: 79768 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
It's like election night all over again.

The Schadenfreude makes me all:



----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.
 
Posts: 17641 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Now Hillary is saying she will give an 'equivalent' amount of the donations she received from Pervey Pervstein to a 'charity' over the coming year.




“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams
 
Posts: 26057 | Location: TN/KY | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
 
Posts: 79768 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Maybe you're right. But I've seen a lot of pariahs come back from the social dead.

Why do I say this? Because he's proven that he can deliver the goods. He has a long track record of making movies that are successful and profitable. And, as radioactive as he seems now, if he stays off the radar for a few years, studio executives will start taking his calls again. They'll need a winner, and he's shown he can deliver them. In the end, to the studio executives, it only the money that counts.


So who has come back from such a feet? Roman polanski?


Marv Albert comes to mind. He's still working.
 
Posts: 1583 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now Hillary is saying she will give an 'equivalent' amount of the donations she received from Pervey Pervstein to a 'charity' over the coming year.


The Clinton Global Initiative is the "charity" she has in mind.
 
Posts: 3694 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Maybe you're right. But I've seen a lot of pariahs come back from the social dead.

Why do I say this? Because he's proven that he can deliver the goods. He has a long track record of making movies that are successful and profitable. And, as radioactive as he seems now, if he stays off the radar for a few years, studio executives will start taking his calls again. They'll need a winner, and he's shown he can deliver them. In the end, to the studio executives, it only the money that counts.


So who has come back from such a feet? Roman polanski?


Marv Albert comes to mind. He's still working.


Algore
Mike Tyson
Sean Penn
Jeffery Jones (principal from Ferris Bueller)
Michael Jackson
Woody Allen
Kobe Bryant
Paul Reubens (Pee Wee Herman)
 
Posts: 7166 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
So who has come back from such a feet? Roman polanski?


The difference with Polanski, and all the others named above, is the national political angle to this scandal. Weinstein has been a major benefactor to the top tier of Democratic politics. And unlike all of the other scandals, this one involves many victims of celebrity status, even A-listers. A lot of famous Hollywood people are being pulled into the Weinstein Vortex, and they are all scrambling to pull themselves out, and this also includes liberal politicians and ex-Presidents. No other scandal has forced an entire industry to run for the hills like this one. And Weinstein will not survive this one, this ain't Pee Wee Herman Roll Eyes.

The leftist entertainment industry (and this includes the NFL) has been stripped naked in front of America. Let the stoning begin.



"Did IQ's just drop sharply while I was away?"- Ellen Ripley, Aliens, 1986
 
Posts: 10183 | Location: CA. | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't think of
anything though
Picture of zipriderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Maybe you're right. But I've seen a lot of pariahs come back from the social dead.

Why do I say this? Because he's proven that he can deliver the goods. He has a long track record of making movies that are successful and profitable. And, as radioactive as he seems now, if he stays off the radar for a few years, studio executives will start taking his calls again. They'll need a winner, and he's shown he can deliver them. In the end, to the studio executives, it only the money that counts.


So who has come back from such a feet? Roman polanski?


Marv Albert comes to mind. He's still working.


Algore
Mike Tyson
Sean Penn
Jeffery Jones (principal from Ferris Bueller)
Michael Jackson
Woody Allen
Kobe Bryant
Paul Reubens (Pee Wee Herman)


Michael Vick. Not the same, I know. But he was America's most hated person for a while.


______________________________
 
Posts: 5231 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
So now, apparently, Twitter has suspended the account of the actress that came forward.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.c...wans-account-1048018

quote:
Since the bombshell sexual harassment, assault and rape allegations about Weinstein were reported by the New York Times and The New Yorker, McGowan has used Twitter to excoriate the disgraced movie mogul, as well as board members of The Weinstein Company and a number of prominent actors such as Ben Affleck who she feels were aware of what was going on.

The NYT reported that McGowan reached a $100,000 settlement with Weinstein after an encounter in a hotel room at the Sundance Film Festival in 1997.

News of the suspension caused a storm of protest on Twitter overnight. Many users were quick to point out that white supremacists and even Donald Trump could consistently provoke outrage and not have their accounts suspended.
 
Posts: 7489 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, she ruined the party, so...

And oh, yes, she was "LITERALLY, FORCIBLY SILENCED!!" by LITERALLY ACCEPTING 100K to remain SILENT and having her Twitter account SUSPENDED!!! THE HORROR!!!!!

Look up the words "literally" and "forcibly", you melodramatic twit.

Now's the part where we talk about how brave she is and are other women (who kept silent for years after their encounters with Weinstein, in order to preserve their careers) who jump on the bandwagon after this guy is no longer a threat.

Oh, yes, so very freaking "brave" to not say anyting for years, so that you could continue to enrich yourself. And to Hell with the other women who would then be subjected to this pervert. Oh, yes, you're so very "brave" for jumping on the bandwagon when it suited you.

Yeah, really "brave". I guess that's yet another word these people don't understand. Why would they? They're a bunch of self-serving cowards who publicly posture when the threat is gone.
 
Posts: 79768 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zipriderson:
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Maybe you're right. But I've seen a lot of pariahs come back from the social dead.

Why do I say this? Because he's proven that he can deliver the goods. He has a long track record of making movies that are successful and profitable. And, as radioactive as he seems now, if he stays off the radar for a few years, studio executives will start taking his calls again. They'll need a winner, and he's shown he can deliver them. In the end, to the studio executives, it only the money that counts.


So who has come back from such a feet? Roman polanski?


Marv Albert comes to mind. He's still working.


Algore
Mike Tyson
Sean Penn
Jeffery Jones (principal from Ferris Bueller)
Michael Jackson
Woody Allen
Kobe Bryant
Paul Reubens (Pee Wee Herman)


Michael Vick. Not the same, I know. But he was America's most hated person for a while.


not the same level as Weinstein, but Victor Silva seems to still be working as a Director for Disney, after a conviction for child molestation - of a kid working in one of his movies...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/...mbraced-by-hollywood



NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"
 
Posts: 5671 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Your sins are terrible. It is just that you suffer. Your life could be redeemed, but I know you don't believe that. You will not change."


 
Posts: 79768 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
...this is what happens when Hugh Hefner dies. It's no longer safe to objectify women....




Link to original video: https://youtu.be/ViTSvgajzE0



Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
COTEP #192
 
Posts: 7604 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Bill and Hillary spent at least 3 summers next door to Pervey in the Hamptons...






“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams
 
Posts: 26057 | Location: TN/KY | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of alteon180e
posted Hide Post
^^^^
bill and harvey in the hamptons...man...tough summer job for those hostesses and waitresses...
 
Posts: 594 | Location: FL | Registered: November 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17 
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NYT cites Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein

© SIGforum 2017