SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NYT cites Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NYT cites Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Awkward? No.

Hypocritical? Absolutely.

Typical? A day in the life for the lefty.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:

From the LA Times:

"But within the academy some wrestled with the decision, fearing that it could set a precedent that would require the academy to police its members’ behavior going forward.........."

Huh?, that's a huge leap in logic.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Really enjoying watching the left burn down the left.

Anyone need a beer? Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Of course, few outside of Hollywood care about the stupid MPAA, or their members. The plummeting ratings for the Awards shows every year prove that.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Of course, few outside of Hollywood care about the stupid MPAA, or their members. The plummeting ratings for the Awards shows every year prove that.

True. But the liberal leftist triad is education, news, entertainment.

Edit for clarity.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
How pathetic

quote:
WHY WON'T IVANKA TRUMP CONDEMN HARVEY WEINSTEIN LIKE HILLARY CLINTON DID?

http://www.newsweek.com/ivanka...ebuke-twitter-684344

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
How pathetic

quote:

I am still waiting for Hillary to condemn the former Gov of Arkansas and former POTUS, who is legendary for sexcapades, the whole time his wife did damage control.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
How pathetic

quote:

The Donald should just let Kellyanne Conway make a pointed statement or two about Weinstein and be done with it.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
HARVEY WEINSTEIN
Contract with TWC
ALLOWED FOR SEXUAL HARASSMENT

Assuming that's true, this is an attorney I need working for me. Not for this issue, just for the ability to get something so crazy in a contract.

I am not an attorney but I deal with contracts and contract law. My understanding is that one of the absolute requirements of a contract is that the subject of the contract be lawful. Any clause that covers an illegal act probably nullifies the contract or that part of the contract (severability). Therefore he could be terminated for his behavior. Attorneys please step in.

Posts: 916 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cassandra:
My understanding is that one of the absolute requirements of a contract is that the subject of the contract be lawful. Any clause that covers an illegal act probably nullifies the contract or that part of the contract (severability). Therefore he could be terminated for his behavior. Attorneys please step in.

I would be interested in a legal opinion as well, but my own interpretation of what I read above is that the contract doesn’t refer to an illegal act on the part of the company. In short it simply states that the actor will not be fired for incurring a settlement or judgment for his improper acts if he pays the company a fine. It would be no different than a contract that says a professional athlete wouldn’t be fired from a team for committing a crime such as domestic violence or DWI if he paid the company (team) a fine.

I don’t know of any law that requires an employee to be fired from his job if the employer doesn’t wish to.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
When is it an attack? and when is it "worth the hassle"

If I am hot female victim #11, how pissed off at the first ten that did not feel the need to come forward , should I be?

this b.s. of everyone waiting for some one else to stick his/her neck out confuses me.

( but I am a male)

when will a female come forward and say , " yeah he did it too me so I kicked him in the nuts twice and he quit"

I have had similar questions. It would seem to me, that each and every "victim" that never said a word, but cashed the pigs "hush money" checks were nothing more than common whores. Their acceptance, allowed the asshole to move on and sexually exploit the next young thing that tickled his fancy. There is a point where a victim is no longer a victim, but rather complicit, and I believe they should be held accountable.

These women are such hypocrites and Hollywood is full of outright stupidity, so....

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Weinstein's harvey is just the tip of the iceberg.

But they all do it for their love of art.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
When is it an attack? and when is it "worth the hassle"

If I am hot female victim #11, how pissed off at the first ten that did not feel the need to come forward , should I be?

this b.s. of everyone waiting for some one else to stick his/her neck out confuses me.

( but I am a male)

when will a female come forward and say , " yeah he did it too me so I kicked him in the nuts twice and he quit"

I have had similar questions. It would seem to me, that each and every "victim" that never said a word, but cashed the pigs "hush money" checks were nothing more than common whores. Their acceptance, allowed the asshole to move on and sexually exploit the next young thing that tickled his fancy. There is a point where a victim is no longer a victim, but rather complicit, and I believe they should be held accountable.

These women are such hypocrites and Hollywood is full of outright stupidity, so....

You know what? I'm not going to blame the victims. A powerful hollywood mogul and a complicit media willing to cover up for him makes an impossible situation for a young person.

Posts: 3383 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Apparently some women did take Harvey up on his offers. Lana Del Ray even wrote a song about her sweet deal, "Cola."

My pussy tastes like Pepsi Cola
My eyes are wide like cherry pies
I got sweet taste for men who're older
It's always been so it's no surprise
Harvey's in the sky with diamonds
And it's making me crazy
All he wants to do is party with his pretty baby
Come on baby, let's ride
We can escape to the great sunshine
I know your wife and she wouldn't mind

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I did a quick search for Lana Del Ray and see a few stories saying that's not true.

Posts: 3383 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
I did a quick search for Lana Del Ray and see a few stories saying that's not true.

I did too and those stories deny the use of HW name but I'm familiar with the song and it sounds like "harvey" to me. She does like older men and she did like HW until the shit hit the fan. She has also been quite open about her Faustian deals to survive in the music/entertainment business.

Makes no difference to me and I still like her music.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
^ exactly.

I don't blame those who are actually victims, but not all of these folks are of that category.

Pick a random group of 100 young folks with ambition. 1 to several would happily trade.

Evidence? Pretty much every hot trophy wife married to wealthy ugly dudes.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
You know what? I'm not going to blame the victims. A powerful hollywood mogul and a complicit media willing to cover up for him makes an impossible situation for a young person.

Where is the line between exploitation and prostitution? Any woman willing to have sex in return for a professional consideration is, IMO, just one more common whore, just better paid than most.

How many women have come forward now that the dam has broken? Not to mention so-called news agencies have known about this for years and did nothing to stop it!

But those same "news" organizations tried to sink Trump over a decades old comment about "pussy".

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Years ago, Corey Feldman spoke about how sexual abuse and pedophilia is a huge probably with the powerful people in Hollywood.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Barbara Walters ought to be shunned or worse for her comment.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post