SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kraquin:
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
I truly despise everyone in the media. They had no problem with the possibility of him ordering a nationwide shutdown, even wanting him to. Now that he is talking of ordering things to open back up they all say he can't do that.

It's like taking medicine. If you were prescribed a course of 4 weeks worth do you take only 2 weeks of it and knock down some of the symptoms of your disease or do you do the full course to knock it out completely?

It depends on the medicine. With antibiotics, one typically should finish the entire course (unless switched to a stronger antibiotic) to avoid creating antibiotic resistant bugs. This is very well understood science.

This Coronavirus is not terribly well understood yet, and the reactions to attempt to deal with it are anything but well understood science. To say that governments are shooting from the hip in responding to this pandemic is to be charitable. It is likely made orders of magnitude worse when factions within the government are playing gotcha and looking for any excuse to make something, anything the other side’s fault. Sadly, that is where we find ourselves today.

Not only must PDJT do what he thinks is best for our country, he must figure out a way to do it that limits the GDCs and the media’s (sorry for being redundant) ability to blame his administration for the damage he wasn’t able to prevent. An honest person recognizes that while no response is perfect, PDJT took a lot of actions that minimized the damage. Unfortunately, there isn’t an honest person to be found among the GDCs. Sadly, the social distancing rules preclude us from decorating lamp poles with the lot of them.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
Unfortunately, there isn’t an honest person to be found among the GDCs. Sadly, the social distancing rules preclude us from decorating lamp poles with the lot of them.
There are methods that don't violate social distancing . . . .

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Please God, let me meet this millennial, pajama boy, GDC that thought up the phrase “Social Distancing” it is the most annoying PC BS phrase going.

Posts: 2775 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
Please God, let me meet this millennial, pajama boy, GDC that thought up the phrase “Social Distancing” it is the most annoying PC BS phrase going.

I despise it and cringe whenever I hear it.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 986 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Ok I get my news here and looked back a few pages but couldn't find reference to the latest thing Trump supposedly said which has my liberal acquaintance going nuts saying president Trump now thinks he's Emperor! Big Grin

Supposedly "as the President my authority is total".

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7098 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:

The term is hardly new nor was it first associated with this pandemic. It appears in WHO publications at least as far back as 2008, and I suspect much earlier:

https://www.who.int/csr/resour..._02_05_2009.pdf?ua=1

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
He is kicking the WHO's asses right now, pulling our funding and ripping them a new asshole.

Posts: 27957 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
You don’t screw with Trump, you will feel his wrath, he is a successful CEO for a reason, none of which the politicians, and “leaders” are.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What happened with the Wisconsin Supreme Court election? I thought the incumbent was a prohibitive favorite!!

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
Ok I get my news here and looked back a few pages but couldn't find reference to the latest thing Trump supposedly said which has my liberal acquaintance going nuts saying president Trump now thinks he's Emperor! Big Grin

Yeah, well, this was actually the only part of that press briefing that made me cringe. He's dead wrong about this. When he says that his authority is total in regards to how the states "open" (for lack of a better word), I have no idea what he is talking about. Regardless, him saying it doesn't bother me. We all know Trump says goofy things sometimes. This was one of those times.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wxdave:
quote:

Perhaps “Out of melee range?”

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Yeah, well, this was actually the only part of that press briefing that made me cringe. He's dead wrong about this. When he says that his authority is total in regards to how the states "open" (for lack of a better word), I have no idea what he is talking about. Regardless, him saying it doesn't bother me. We all know Trump says goofy things sometimes. This was one of those times.

I suggested on page prior it was a trap to get governors to say it's their choice to close the economy, see link posted on previous page with Cuomo saying he has the authority not Trump to open/close the economy.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I believe that this was a set-up by PDJT which provoked the exact reaction that he was seeking -

Which was having the state governor’s and the presstitute media all demanding that only they (the governor’s) have the authority to relax the restrictions that they imposed on their states.

Trump then said to the effect, “o.k., you own it now along with rebellion that will come looking for you if you do not re-open”.

Art of The Deal!!

Posts: 3476 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yes. Trump is always two steps ahead of them. He set the trap and they fell. Now they own their state’s recovery or failure to recover.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On comparing President Trump to Captain Bligh:

"The Mutiny on the Bounty occurred during his command of HMS Bounty in 1789; after being set adrift in Bounty's launch by the mutineers, Bligh and his loyal men all reached Timor alive, after a journey of 3,618 nautical miles (6,700 km; 4,160 mi)."

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
^^^ Yes. Trump is always two steps ahead of them. He set the trap and they fell. Now they own their state’s recovery or failure to recover.

Actually, I think it goes even further than that. Look at this resolution the dems are putting through the House. This is now on record. Now it's not just Republicans who believe in federalism. Trump has made commie dems put down on paper that the federal government--the leftists' Big Momma--is in fact not so powerful after all. These progressives, who want the federal government to dictate to the States medicare for all, they are now on record saying that the states can tell the feds to pound sand. It's glorious.

Lawmakers push back against Trump by introducing resolution saying president’s authority ‘is not total’

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...-authority-not-total

Reps. Tom Malinowski, D-N.J., Dean Phillips, D-Minn., and Justin Amash, I-Mich., sponsored the resolution that "affirms when someone is the president of the United States, their authority is not total."

(By the way, it's one sentence, and they still can't get the grammar correct. It should read "His or Her authority is not total." Damn it!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
...and Justin Amash, I-Mich.
Would someone please get this POS some bright red lipstick, a push up bra, a mini skirt, and some 5" heels. If he wants to act like a prostitute he should at least look the part.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
I believe that this was a set-up by PDJT which provoked the exact reaction that he was seeking -

Which was having the state governor’s and the presstitute media all demanding that only they (the governor’s) have the authority to relax the restrictions that they imposed on their states.

Just saw Cuomo's press conference with a picture of Alexander Hamilton...suddenly the Democrat governors are quoting the Federalist Papers and citing the 10th Amendment.

President Trump is some kind of miracle worker!

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
quote:
Originally posted by wxdave:
quote:

Perhaps “Out of melee range?”

I'm retired from the dept of corrections & "social distancing" has been second nature for me for years. I'm kinda happy that they found a cute name for it though, instead of my usual "get the f--- away from me" that I've always used before.Smile

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
quote:

Just saw Cuomo's press conference with a picture of Alexander Hamilton...suddenly the Democrat governors are quoting the Federalist Papers and citing the 10th Amendment.

President Trump is some kind of miracle worker!

Big Grin

Funny isn't it?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post