SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Those numbers all look familiar which is why I was hoping President Trump would have refused to sign it

It’s a Democrat wet dream and yet again they exploited a crisis for purely partisan purposes

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Those numbers all look familiar which is why I was hoping President Trump would have refused to sign it

It’s a Democrat wet dream and yet again they exploited a crisis for purely partisan purposes

It's all about the "optics" as they say. President Trump can't be seen as withholding aide to those in need based on "political" considerations.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
This came from my "2nd" dad, U.S. Army (Ret.) COL. I asked him if he could get a source, but he said he got it from another friend. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find a source, but if this needs to be deleted, Para, please feel free to do so.

A list of the PORK Madame Pelosi crammed into the spending bill...

What the hell? I thought most of that crap was pulled out of the final bill.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
This came from my "2nd" dad, U.S. Army (Ret.) COL. I asked him if he could get a source, but he said he got it from another friend. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find a source, but if this needs to be deleted, Para, please feel free to do so.

A list of the PORK Madame Pelosi crammed into the spending bill...

What the hell? I thought most of that crap was pulled out of the final bill.

Yeah, that stuff was in the bill the House presented, I read that the bill that was signed was more akin to the Senate bill and the Senate bill didn't have all that crap in it.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, not sure what ended up becoming law, but if there was ever a case for line item veto, that list of garbage is it.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I think all that garbage was in the final bill otherwise they'd have signed a bill that was a lot less than $2 trillion

doing something for the sake of doing something is never the right answer if its wrong

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Yeah...that's why I was hesitant to post that without a source or reference. My sincere apologies if that stuff turns out to be false...

And then there's this...

Little of Pelosi’s Wish List Made It Into COVID-19 Relief Bill. That’s a Relief in Itself.

https://www.heritage.org/progr...-thats-relief-itself

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
President Trump on Sunday didn't offer the warmest greeting to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle amid reports that they had relocated from Canada to the U.S.

A source told People Magazine last week that the royal couple relocated from Vancouver Island to Los Angeles, Markle's hometown.

Markle, 38, and Harry, 35, have been staying in a secluded compound and have stuck close to home during the coronavirus pandemic, the magazine reported. It's unclear when the couple made the move.

However, in a tweet from the president on Sunday, it became clear that U.S. taxpayers were not footing the bill for their security.

"I am a great friend and admirer of the Queen & the United Kingdom. It was reported that Harry and Meghan, who left the Kingdom, would reside permanently in Canada. Now they have left Canada for the U.S. however, the U.S. will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!" Trump exclaimed.

Rumors of a potential move to America have been circulating since the royals announced this past January that they'd "step back" and move away from the U.K. part-time.

Reports emerged last month that Markle and Harry were "looking at houses" in Los Angeles for the summer.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...pay-security-move-us

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Big Grin

Posts: 5738 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
President Trump on Sunday didn't offer the warmest greeting to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle amid reports that they had relocated from Canada to the U.S.

A source told People Magazine last week that the royal couple relocated from Vancouver Island to Los Angeles, Markle's hometown.

Markle, 38, and Harry, 35, have been staying in a secluded compound and have stuck close to home during the coronavirus pandemic, the magazine reported. It's unclear when the couple made the move.

However, in a tweet from the president on Sunday, it became clear that U.S. taxpayers were not footing the bill for their security.

"I am a great friend and admirer of the Queen & the United Kingdom. It was reported that Harry and Meghan, who left the Kingdom, would reside permanently in Canada. Now they have left Canada for the U.S. however, the U.S. will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!" Trump exclaimed.

Rumors of a potential move to America have been circulating since the royals announced this past January that they'd "step back" and move away from the U.K. part-time.

Reports emerged last month that Markle and Harry were "looking at houses" in Los Angeles for the summer.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...pay-security-move-us

Yup. Reading the Brit and Canadian reports of their house-hunting, as of this Wednesday (April 1), they are no longer International Protected Persons (IPP), and as such they are responsible for their own security detail requirements.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Excitable Boy
Picture of Dan the man
posted Hide Post
I try to chime in at least once a year on this thread of threads so here goes.

I admit I don't understand everything the man has said and done lately. The optics at times can be cringe worthy. Then again I am not privy to the intelligence reports that he receives everyday. No doubt the volume of information is more than I would be able to process and filter.

I have not lost faith in DJT. He, through no fault of his own, has been handed this giant steaming shit sandwich. We are witnessing, living through an historic event in American history. His (our) enemies have seized this latest opportunity to leverage current events against him (us). Nobody's talking about impeachment anymore.

I'm told some liberals are flocking to gun stores to arm up. That's good. Hopefully if they don't shoot themselves they may consider voting right in November. I still believe our president is dedicated to making this country great again and I look forward to a historic landslide reelection this fall.

China is Asshoe

Posts: 2270 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah...that's why I was hesitant to post that without a source or reference. My sincere apologies if that stuff turns out to be false...

And then there's this...

Little of Pelosi’s Wish List Made It Into COVID-19 Relief Bill. That’s a Relief in Itself.

https://www.heritage.org/progr...-thats-relief-itself

Thank you for posting that link Smile

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The election is 7 months out. 2-3 months of this then we could see the greatest economic boom in history. If we work together and try. Think the boom after WW2 but at the speed of the Internet and in a shorter time frame.

Donald Trump could lead us into another mind boggling economic success. Everyone will be ready to get on with their lives.

That's my hope and dream. Donald Trump plays an integral part of it.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

It's all about the "optics" as they say. President Trump can't be seen as withholding aide to those in need based on "political" considerations.
Can he be seen by people removing the heads of this liberal, un-American, filth and placing them on pikes on the Capital Hill lawn? These people need to be removed from stealing any more oxygen for even attempting to take advantage of the current crisis. Mad Mad

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jarcher
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
The election is 7 months out. 2-3 months of this then we could see the greatest economic boom in history. If we work together and try. Think the boom after WW2 but at the speed of the Internet and in a shorter time frame.

Donald Trump could lead us into another mind boggling economic success. Everyone will be ready to get on with their lives.

This is why some of the liberal media has decided not to carry President Trump's daily press briefings, even though they continue to carry Cuomo.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Edmund Burke, 1729 - 1797

Posts: 2106 | Location: Charleston, SC US | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jarcher:
quote:

This is why some of the liberal media has decided not to carry President Trump's daily press briefings, even though they continue to carry Cuomo.
Who has actually made the decision 'not' to carry the presidents's daily briefings? They've been pissing ad moaning of late, but I didn't hear anyone had actually made a decision to stop carrying them. Any network who does terminate broadcasting the briefings will be committing ratings suicide, and they damn well know it.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jarcher
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
quote:

Who has actually made the decision 'not' to carry the presidents's daily briefings? They've been pissing ad moaning of late, but I didn't hear anyone had actually made a decision to stop carrying them. Any network who does terminate broadcasting the briefings will be committing ratings suicide, and they damn well know it.

I was going to say NPR, but as I check myself I see that apparently just one NPR station in Seattle has done this. I hope it does not become a trend.

Posts: 2106 | Location: Charleston, SC US | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I was going to say NPR, but as I check myself I see that apparently just one NPR station in Seattle has done this. I hope it does not become a trend.

Here in the PHX metro area, the only station to carry this afternoon's briefing was the local Fox affiliate. ABC, NBC, and CBS were showing their regularly scheduled program. I don't remember which channel, but they were showing infomercials.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jarcher
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Here in the PHX metro area, the only station to carry this afternoon's briefing was the local Fox affiliate. ABC, NBC, and CBS were showing their regularly scheduled program. I don't remember which channel, but they were showing infomercials.

But if they were not showing other public officials I can see that. The briefings are becoming less urgent. They should be carried by every news outlet but I'm not so sure they need to be on every station every day. They lose their impact that way. My issue was dropping President Trump but still carrying Cuomo and others.

Picture of jarcher
posted Hide Post
Regarding the massive pork laden "stimulus" bill, which will be an anchor on the economy, if the Dems get their crap in it, we should insist on something that won't cost a dime - national CCW reciprocity.