SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Pence is the perfect balance to Trump.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackTalonJHP:
What an amazingly biased question about transfer of power.

ridiculous rhetorical scenario.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Boom. Was waiting for Pence to nail them on the Russian hoax.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
swat that fuckin fly

Oh, he’s swatting her alright.... oh, wait.... wrong fly on the screen. I got confused.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
You'd think with the record gun sales, there would be a question about the 2nd amendment.

Posts: 1059 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Why can’t these moderators ask better questions to make the left defend their ridiculous stance on the blatant disregard for human life and lack of dealing with domestic terrorism. I’m sick of this soft ball BS that always makes Trump’s camp defend and never the lefts’ insane acts over the last few years. I hope the vast majority of people can truly see though the horse bleep that comes out of the mouths of Biden and Harris.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Pence had a gracious closing argument with that silly question from an eighth grader, but Nasty Kamala couldn't help but get in that one last dig. Bravo, you ghoul.

VP Pence, you da' man.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Didn't watch, but my source say that Pence killed it, especially on 2016 election spying, etc. Standing ovation for Pence from the audience

Posts: 16698 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LincolnSixEcho,
quote:
“I hope the vast majority of people can truly see though the horse bleep that comes out of the mouths of Biden and Harris.”

Unfortunately, tons of no or low info voters... Joe Biden voters.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Harris refused to say whether the Democrats would pack the Supreme Court if they came to power. Flat out refused to say they would not.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
The hell with Harris and her stupid smiling and yes head nodding - psychology/body language that you are supposed to agree with her. We don't!

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Harris refused to say whether the Democrats would pack the Supreme Court if they came to power. Flat out refused to say they would not.

Which is confirmation that they will.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
^^Yep, and Pence called her on it too.

I thought he did very well, cool as a cucumber.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Pence is a class act. That is all that needs to be said about this evening. Job well done.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19187 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Pence clearly won that debate. I lost count how many times cameltoe Harris said “Joe Biden is great”. That’s rrally all they have. And Pence was spot on when he said the same citizens that elected Trump in 2016 will do it again in 2020. And Harris didn’t even bother to contradict him.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
A good Moderator would have been knowledgeable enough (and good enough) to call out blatant lies when they are uttered. I noticed at least 3 or 4 times that Sen. Harris threw out statements that are provably inaccurate. A "Moderator" would have immediately called her out on those. Debates are supposed to be based on facts, not lies. VP Pence did at least manage to smash in a refutation of the Charlottesville misquote.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Interesting thing about when someone is lying. If you give them a little room they'll go overboard trying to convince you. I see a theme here.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roustabout:
Harris is trying to use the same techniques Biden used in his debate with Paul Ryan. She smirks and shakes her head while the Vice President makes his points. She is acting like a six year old while Pence is looking presidential. He is a gentleman and she is nothing more than a shrew.

She’s not a shrew. Far from it. She’s a $5 whore

Posts: 53180 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
A good Moderator would have been knowledgeable enough (and good enough) to call out blatant lies when they are uttered. I noticed at least 3 or 4 times that Sen. Harris threw out statements that are provably inaccurate. A "Moderator" would have immediately called her out on those. Debates are supposed to be based on facts, not lies. VP Pence did at least manage to smash in a refutation of the Charlottesville misquote.

flashguy

I don't think it's a moderator's job to fact check the candidates. It's a debate. The opponents are there to fact check each other. The moderator though should at least press for an answer to a question, and if the debator refuses to answer, it should be made clear that he or she refused to answer the question.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Pence owned the night. Good job!

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post