SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... 958
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I put Harris in the same league as Peter Strozk for arrogance and disrespectful expressions. I just want to reach into the TV and smack them.

I have also noticed over the years that VP Pence does not allow himself to be cut off by reporters in mid thought. It is a technique used to clip the sound bite they want and he knows how it works.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4360 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
To add to the above thought that Harris had the questions in advance. Did you notice when Kamala said that his response was a nice segue to the next question? At our house we immediately jumped up and said, “how would she know that”?

She clearly had foreknowledge or that comment made no sense. The moderator tried to minimize her gaffe by repeating the line, yes it’s a great segue.

Cheaters cheat. Liars lie.

Yes, I noted that as well!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3773 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Such a format would allow the "moderator" Roll Eyes to shut off President Trump's audio at will. They could stop him, not only from speaking, but from hearing as well, if they so chose. I agree completely that President Trump should refuse to participate under these conditions. I agree completely that this is being done to protect Biden. I think everyone knows this, whether or not they are honest enough to admit it.

Not only this, but the remote studio process would allow Biden's handlers far more manipulation and corruption on their end, whether it is teleprompters, cue cards, a director, voice and camera enhancements, etc.

These commies are desperate to hide the fact that there is life after Covid, that one can return to 100%

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16823 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
These “debates” are nothing more than political theater that have descended into a mud-wrestling food fight. NO ONE’s going to change their vote to the other guy over them. Everyone and I do mean EVERYONE already knows for whom they are going to vote. We are in a holding pattern until November 3.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2722 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
These “debates” are nothing more than political theater that have descended into a mud-wrestling food fight. NO ONE’s going to change their vote to the other guy over them. Everyone and I do mean EVERYONE already knows for whom they are going to vote. We are in a holding pattern until November 3.

Yup. This echoes my comments after the first debate.

Complete and utter waste of time. I slept like a champ last night instead.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 108095 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
To add to the above thought that Harris had the questions in advance. Did you notice when Kamala said that his response was a nice segue to the next question? At our house we immediately jumped up and said, “how would she know that”?

She clearly had foreknowledge or that comment made no sense. The moderator tried to minimize her gaffe by repeating the line, yes it’s a great segue.

Cheaters cheat. Liars lie.

I thought it was clear during the moderators opening remarks about no one having the questions that Harris had the questions. Her smirk and body language told me that she was laughing on the inside when the moderator said that.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12505 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Looks like Pelosi might be laying out her case for invoking the 25th amendment tomorrow.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
The 25th Amendment against President Trump or biden (should he win by fraud and keel over)? Roll Eyes

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
I don't understand who the "conservatives" are on the debate council, but that format would absolutely favor Biden. The moderator would constantly shut President Trump's mic off and Biden could have a scroll on the bottom of his screen from his handlers to read.

The media response is he is "running out of fear" and liberals are once again cheering like idiots. This election can't come fast enough.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
The 25th Amendment against President Trump or biden (should he win by fraud and keel over)? Roll Eyes

I would guess to rule him incapacitated by COVID-19 and nullify his appointment and stop the process for ACB to SCOTUS in part.

Posts: 23731 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
I would guess to rule him incapacitated by COVID-19 and nullify his appointment and stop the process for ACB to SCOTUS in part.
Of course the logic fallacy is that he made the nomination prior to contracting da rona, but who uses logic? Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6248 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Of course the logic fallacy is that he made the nomination prior to contracting da rona, but who uses logic? Roll Eyes

Perhaps to stop the confirmation process by engaging this legal action and in doing so, hold up the senate from moving forward with the nomination/confirmation... Not sure if that's it since we've not experienced the use of the 25th and what legal authority it gives Pelosi...

I would think if successful then Pence would be Potus, which removes him as head of the Senate, and then if falls to whomever becomes VP to split any tie.

They are going to use 100% of everything they can find to stop ACB. McConnell needs to stop the crap he's pulling in the Senate, just vote her in, now.

To hell with historical protocol, the D would have already confirmed their mega left choice on the day a conservative scotus passed if it was the in the same timeline, D Senate, D Potus, bam done, and they'd come out smelling like roses in the press.

McConnells reaction to this 25th bs should be to call a vote immediately, confirm her, and tell nastynancy to rotate the corn cob in her ass sideways.

AMENDMENT XXV

SECTION 1 In case of the removal of the President from office or of his death or resignation, the Vice President shall become President.

SECTION 2 Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

SECTION 3 Whenever the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that he is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, and until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary, such powers and duties shall be discharged by the Vice President as Acting President.

SECTION 4 Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President. Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

Clearly they ratify the motion in the house and send the demand to POTUS, this stops him from actually doing anything but responding, upon his response the house and senate have to take up hearings and vote. The timeline and responses have set limits, immediate removal from power, POTUS must respond in writing, the complainers then have 4 days to respond, congress has then 48 hours to assemble, then another 21 days, all the while making DJT no longer acting POTUS.

Effectively tying up the Senate, his ability to run for POTUS, since he's declared unfit, which will be all the rage in the news. until after the election and making Pence President, requiring both bodies of congress to approve his VP.

In doing so you stop ACB hearings...

Posts: 23731 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Such a format would allow the "moderator" Roll Eyes to shut off President Trump's audio at will. They could stop him, not only from speaking, but from hearing as well, if they so chose.

Not to mention Biden aids -- ear piece, teleprompter, marionette....

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8399 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Perhaps to stop the confirmation process by engaging this legal action and in doing so, hold up the senate from moving forward with the nomination/confirmation... Not sure if that's it since we've not experienced the use of the 25th and what legal authority it gives Pelosi...
Just to be clear, Pelosi is the speaker of the house, she can't do shit in the near run that affects the senate without passing some kind of measure in the house first.

I don't know, and I'm not sure if I care what she's up to.

Edit:
Nevermind, you edited your post while I was posting...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6248 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
I don't see why the senate would have to take it up before the ACB hearings.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
"SECTION 4 Whenever the Vice President and"

All scenarios proscribed in Section 4 of the 25th Amendment require the VP 'and' another body to be in agreement to invoke w/o a voluntary declaration by the President!

Without VP Pence on board, they've got nothing....Pelosi is a Delusional and Traitorous Bitch!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9060 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Keeping in mind that kneepads Harris said last night that Joe Biden would not raise your taxes. She didn't say that she wouldn't raise your taxes if she were to assume the presidency.

Posts: 3486 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Looks like Pelosi might be laying out her case for invoking the 25th amendment tomorrow.

How much more clearly does the Democratic Party have to yell "WE ARE TAKING OVER THIS GOVERNMENT NO MATTER WHAT!!! "?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38052 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Tells me they know their polls are fake and Sleepy Joe and the Ho are in for a royal ass kicking. You can smell the desperation from a mile away.

Posts: 1822 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post