SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 961
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
Keeping in mind that kneepads Harris said last night that Joe Biden would not raise your taxes. She didn't say that she wouldn't raise your taxes if she were to assume the presidency.

Doesn't really matter what they say. Remember this? "Read my lips, no new taxes."

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1493 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
The Democrats are overwhelmed, just going out of their minds. Trump bounces back from Covid. Declassifying spying info. Harris fails big time in her "debate". And in a few days, the confirmation hearings start for Amy Barrett. I wonder if we can heap more on their narrow shoulders right now...

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16843 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering how pelosi herself would measure up to 25th given her distorted view of reality, her all consuming focus on destroying any who disagree, and what at times seem to be substance fueled irrational rages.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9860 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Looks like Pelosi might be laying out her case for invoking the 25th amendment tomorrow.

How much more clearly does the Democratic Party have to yell "WE ARE TAKING OVER THIS GOVERNMENT NO MATTER WHAT!!! "?

Let her eat ice cream!

Posts: 7727 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
The Democrats are overwhelmed, just going out of their minds. Trump bounces back from Covid. Declassifying spying info. Harris fails big time in her "debate". And in a few days, the confirmation hearings start for Amy Barrett. I wonder if we can heap more on their narrow shoulders right now...

If Trump wins the Nobel Peace Prize tomorrow might take some more out. Razz

Posts: 5201 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I keep hoping I’ll wake up and everything since Jan 31 was a dream.

Posts: 18191 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
On my way to lunch I heard Mark Steyn say Trump would be on the show in 24 hours. It seems he will be using the Rush show to hold a "virtual raido rally". I'll tell you what, it will be one of the highest rated raido programs of the year!!!

Trump to hold virtual MAGA rally on Rush Limbaugh’s Friday show

President Donald Trump will host Friday’s episode of “The Rush Limbaugh Show” as a broadcast campaign rally.

“I am thrilled to announce that our commander-in-chief President Donald Trump will be right here tomorrow hosting the largest virtual rally in radio history,” said the veteran conservative talk radio host during his Thursday episode. “Be sure to tune in you don’t want to miss this. It will be special.”

Sarah Carter MAGA rally on Rush Limbaugh’s Friday Show

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the WuFlu did anything to Trump, it geared him up(may well still be the DEX). He is coming out swinging with both fists!!! He has learned how this "political game is played"!! The DemoRats can't stop him.

Posts: 6646 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, he looks horrible. He's at Death's Door alright. Must be some kinda camera trickery, CGI stuff maybe, this video. Razz

Posts: 108174 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
On my way to lunch I heard Mark Steyn say Trump would be on the show in 24 hours. It seems he will be using the Rush show to hold a "virtual raido rally". I'll tell you what, it will be one of the highest rated raido programs of the year!!!

Trump to hold virtual MAGA rally on Rush Limbaugh’s Friday show

President Donald Trump will host Friday’s episode of “The Rush Limbaugh Show” as a broadcast campaign rally.

“I am thrilled to announce that our commander-in-chief President Donald Trump will be right here tomorrow hosting the largest virtual rally in radio history,” said the veteran conservative talk radio host during his Thursday episode. “Be sure to tune in you don’t want to miss this. It will be special.”

Sarah Carter MAGA rally on Rush Limbaugh’s Friday Show

I usually listen to Rush when I am in my car. I will make an exception tomorrow!!!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25651 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shifferbrains:

That would almost be cruel....not. Big Grin

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16843 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
On my way to lunch I heard Mark Steyn say Trump would be on the show in 24 hours. It seems he will be using the Rush show to hold a "virtual raido rally". I'll tell you what, it will be one of the highest rated radio programs of the year all time!!!

That's what I say.

Q

Posts: 26838 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think the 25th amendment BS will get anywhere near a procedural vote or anything like that. it requires the VP plus a majority of cabinet or congress. unless I am not reading it correctly.

Pence will not do any such thing as play along with that. it is just to try and dominate the news cycle for a few days.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Lol this is what Pelosi meant with the 25th amendment line. Her and Rep. Raskin (Communist-MD) are going to introduce legislation to "establish a commission on Presidential Capacity"

They sure don't act like Biden is 16 points ahead...

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lol this is what Pelosi meant with the 25th amendment line. Her and Rep. Raskin (Communist-MD) are going to introduce legislation to "establish a commission on Presidential Capacity"

They sure don't act like Biden is 16 points ahead...

I thought that's what the Constitution was for.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3775 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shifferbrains:

That would be excellent but, unfortunately, his THREE (stuff that in your pipe and smoke it, Pelosi!) recent nominations are for the 2021 award. Since nominations aren’t publicized by the committee until 50 years after the award, it’s possible that he was nominated before the January cutoff for this year’s award, but no nominators have announced a 2020 nomination for him.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2129 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Just like pelosi and her band of liberals to create another layer of government when the Constitution spells out the procedure quite nicely.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
SECTION 4 Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide...

Clearly they ratify the motion in the house and send the demand to POTUS, this stops him from actually doing anything but responding, upon his response the house and senate have to take up hearings and vote. The timeline and responses have set limits, immediate removal from power, POTUS must respond in writing, the complainers then have 4 days to respond, congress has then 48 hours to assemble, then another 21 days, all the while making DJT no longer acting POTUS.

By my reading of this they must have Pence's cooperation. There is no way he would commit political suicide.

If they want to establish a commission, it needs to be a law. Which means Trump's signature or the numbers in House and Senate to over-ride a veto. None of that seems likely.

Another leftist distraction.

However, they failed in the attempt at a soft coup. The left is clearly planning a hard coup following the election.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17501 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's silly, guys. It's more bullshit from the Mistress of All Bullshit. It's political theater and a geriatric tantrum and nothing more. Let's move on.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108174 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Legislation to Establish a Commission on Presidential Capacity to Discharge the Powers and Duties of the Office....PFFT, please! Roll Eyes

Pelosi is DERANGED! Somebody needs to 'Establish' whether she has the Capacity for Public Office, or even a Public Toilet for that matter!

How in God's name does someone like this end up third in the line of succession for the Presidency....God Help Us!

Regardless, this is Political Theater that goes Absolutely NOWHERE in the Senate!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9088 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post