SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
note this is a "former" NYT writer

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...s-ever-made-n2577538

Former NYT Reporter: Why Trump's COVID Remark Is 'Maybe Smartest Comment He's Ever Made'

for former New York Times reporter Alex Berenson, the president’s response to Americans, telling them that they shouldn’t let this virus dominate their lives, was “maybe the smartest comment [Trump] has ever made.”

For too long we have let this virus - and the media’s hysteria around it - dominate us ,” he continued. “We need to take back our lives, our schools, and our whole world.”

"That might be the most presidential thing this president has ever said," Berenson noted. "He's not actually saying 'Don't be afraid of Covid.' He's saying don't be afraid of one another. Because this is a respiratory virus. It spreads between people. And the only way to make it go away permanently is to lock us all away permanently. And that can't happen. That is not compatible with life."

"we have gone crazy and we have sacrificed our kids and we have sacrificed society and Donald Trump walked out of that hospital today and said what needed to be said. We have to stop being so afraid of this."

Berenson couldn’t figure out how a country that “put people on the moon” and had the “first manned flight” could be so afraid of “this rather dismal virus.”

“I do not understand it and we have to get out of this," he said.

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
"That might be the most presidential thing this president has ever said," Berenson noted. "He's not actually saying 'Don't be afraid of Covid.' He's saying don't be afraid of one another.

I saw that on Tucker last night.
https://news.yahoo.com/berenso...t-may-013443689.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Harley Biker is sitting on his Harley, drinking a beer, by the Zoo in Washington, DC when he sees a little girl leaning into the lion's cage.
Suddenly, the lion grabs her by the collar of her jacket and tries to pull her inside to slaughter her, under the eyes of her screaming parents.
The biker jumps off his Harley, runs to the cage and hits the lion square on the nose with a powerful punch. Whimpering from the pain the lion jumps back letting go of the girl, and the biker brings the girl to her terrified parents, who thank him endlessly. A reporter has watched the whole event.
The reporter addressing the Harley rider says, “Sir, this was the most gallant and bravest thing I've seen a man do in my whole life.”
The Harley rider replies, “Why, it was nothing, really. The lion was behind bars. I just saw this little kid in danger, and acted as I felt right.”
The reporter says, “Well, I'll make sure this won't go unnoticed. I'm a journalist, you know, and tomorrow's paper will have this story on the front page. So, what do you do for a living, and what political affiliation do you have?”

The biker replies "I'm a U.S. Marine, a Republican and I’m voting for Trump."
The journalist leaves.

The following morning the biker buys the paper to see if it indeed brings news of his actions, and reads, on the front page:
“U.S. MARINE ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT & STEALS HIS LUNCH”

Posts: 1052 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107590 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
https://www.americanthinker.co...n_accurate_poll.html

Finally, an accurate poll?

Everyone remembers the wildly inaccurate predictions of a Hillary Clinton landslide right up through the morning of Election Day 2016. The New York Times confidently predicted Clinton with an 85 percent chance of winning. Reuters gave Clinton a 90 percent chance, and ABC News gave her a 95 percent chance of being elected president. (You can see more of those inaccurate polls here.)

I suspect the polls were biased, in part, and their methodology was obsolete. Also, there may have been some trickery at work with Trump voters deliberately deceiving pollsters.

With this in mind, we are now being told that Joe Biden has opened up a double-digit lead over President Trump in the latest 2020 presidential election polling data. I submit that many Trump voters are being less than candid with pollsters, even more so than they were in 2016.

One Gallup polling question may be shedding light on this phenomenon. When asked who will win the election, voters responded as follows (emphasis added):

Majority of Americans Predict Trump Will Win Reelection

Regardless of whom they personally support, 56% of Americans expect Trump to prevail over Biden in the November election, while 40% think Biden will win. Although majorities of partisans think their party's candidate will win, Republicans are more likely to believe Trump will win (90%) than Democrats are to think Biden will (73%). Fifty-six percent of independents predict that Trump will win.

With this type of question, voters may let their guards down and provide a truthful answer. Since the pollster didn’t ask for whom they were voting, Trump voters may feel more at ease by subtly providing their real voting preference to a stranger via this indirect phrasing of the question. Since Antifa and other far-left groups have actively doxxed and attacked Trump supporters, it makes sense that these voters would hesitate to answer the straightforward “Who are you voting for” question truthfully.

It is astounding that this poll did not receive attention from pro-Trump conservative media. And now that the president has tested positive for the coronavirus and is being treated at Walter Reed Hospital, the data may have changed somewhat. Even so, a 16-point gap in Trump’s favor as to voters’ feelings about the election result is significant and worthy of discussion. If this polling question accurately reflects the electorate’s mood, then the Biden campaign should be concerned.

The lack of enthusiasm for the Biden/Harris ticket could lower Democrat voter participation in the election, either by mail or in person. With the mainstream media relentlessly telling us that Biden has opened a wide lead and that the outcome is essentially “in the bag” for Biden, that enthusiasm gap could further negatively affect Democrat participation, just as it did in 2016. After all, many Democrat voters were told continuously that Hillary Clinton had a 90%+ chance of winning. Why even bother to vote? She’s got this….

It’s quite possible that pundits and commentators are missing the stealth Trump vote. Will Gallup ask who voters think will win the presidential race again before Election Day? If so, it will be interesting to see how those numbers change. The media may have dropped the ball on electoral prognostication . . . again.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Thanks Fed161 !

Stolen, please Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
The media is losing their minds that Trump has Covid-19 and is mildly symptomatic.

How dare he not be on life support! His doctors are guilty of malpractice!

How dare he remove his mask while on a balcony 30' from people!!

I wonder, how is Trump being in the White House (his home) any different than any other mildly symptomatic person who is sent home?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Love to see it!!!! Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Twitter (the clueless left) never disappoints:

Not a single thing false in that statement.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Rubin following the leftist playbook. She's a traitorous swamp creature in the same vain as Bill Kristol and George Will, former conservative columnists who got too comfortable in the liberal enclaves and lost sight of what's important.

quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Love to see it!!!! Smile

Outstanding, all those West LA assholes get a face full of it on their morning drive into the Valley. Naturally, it was taken down but, the effect is there.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If that sign was on private property it stays put.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The Left is SO TRIGGERED today, first Trump didn't die like they hoped, then he has the audacity to pull his mask off inside the White House? The NERVE of this man!

I love it! They are besides themselves with TDS rage.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
we had a nice 3' X 6' Trump sign on the side of the road here

two days after it was put up it was vandalized with spray paint

the next day it was cleaned up - still stained but it still said Trump

two days after that it was stolen

I wish we could make some people disappear with the same efficiency as republican signs seem to be vandalized or stolen...

Posts: 53180 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
we had a nice 3' X 6' Trump sign on the side of the road here

two days after it was put up it was vandalized with spray paint

the next day it was cleaned up - still stained but it still said Trump

two days after that it was stolen

I wish we could make some people disappear with the same efficiency as republican signs seem to be vandalized or stolen...

Hide across the road in the bushes with an air rifle. Work on some autoglass. I know I know....illegal.....baitin'.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...sident-donald-trump/

Puerto Rico Gov. Wanda Vázquez Garced endorsed President Donald Trump for reelection in a Tuesday interview with Telemundo, urging Puerto Ricans living in the United States to vote for the president.

The development comes after Vázquez was scheduled to campaign with President Donald Trump in Central Florida, but the event was canceled due to the president contracting the Chinese coronavirus

Vázquez made the endorsement despite President Trump opposing Puerto Rican statehood, something the governor is in favor of. Puerto Ricans living on the island are ineligible to vote in November’s White House election.

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy: Vázquez made the endorsement despite President Trump opposing Puerto Rican statehood, something the governor is in favor of. Puerto Ricans living on the island are ineligible to vote in November’s White House election.
I believe it's been FIVE times they've voted against statehood, so HOW exactly do the D's propose making them a state?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
I believe it's been FIVE times they've voted against statehood, so HOW exactly do the D's propose making them a state?

When have the Democraps ever cared about what people want?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Today's liberal meltdown is brought to you by the President pulling out of negotiations for COVID relief.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
The President halted talks on a relief package today. The Senate isn't going to get a deal with pelosi anyway. Use the time to get the Supreme Court back up to nine...

https://thehill.com/homenews/a...s-on-covid-19-relief

Of coarse, pelosi immediately bitched about it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
Today's liberal meltdown is brought to you by the President pulling out of negotiations for COVID relief.

Trump is feeling his oats. He can now begin to smell and taste his inevitable reelection. The bitch slapping is starting early. Cool

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post