SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 921
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
How could anyone who wants to be the leader of the most powerful country on the planet, the leader of the free world, ever justify not standing on stage for a one on one live debate? Who besides a pajama boy would ever vote for a coward too afraid to leave his basement and face his opponent?

A traditional debate will happen. It has to happen. Biden's people must know this.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Oh...I get your point, Alan. You're discounting that 50% of this country are snowflakes that go running for their safe space if you yell at them. Thing is, Biden doesn't have to justify a friggin' thing. His "pajama boys" will do the justifying for him. That's the thing...Biden will NEVER be culpable nor will he ever be put in that position. Just look how the Left has deflected all the allegations against Tara Reade. THEY...carry his water for him and the snowflakes ride that train without a second thought toward morality. All they know is "Orange Man Bad"... Roll Eyes

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
How could anyone who wants to be the leader of the most powerful country on the planet, the leader of the free world, ever justify not standing on stage for a one on one live debate? Who besides a pajama boy would ever vote for a coward too afraid to leave his basement and face his opponent?

A traditional debate will happen. It has to happen. Biden's people must know this.

Your certainty is interesting. I hope you’re right. Hell, I’d even watch that debate as the humor value would be epic.

Still, I can’t help thinking that Hiden Biden’s handlers would be at least excommunicated, if not exterminated, for felony malpractice if they allowed a live debate.

Let’s face it, the poor guy is running on one brain cell, and it only fires intermittently and then often in the wrong direction.

Posts: 6920 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
THe debate will be on the left’s terms. Bidet will have the questions in advance and the moderators will be hand picked and questions rehearsed. Typical DNC actions.

Posts: 5697 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We've got the most astute politician American Leader in my lifetime as President. Watch and marvel at his skill and ability to deal with the opposition. Behold how he uses the most modern tools society has to offer.

Support him in his endeavor and we will prosper in his second term.

Until then:

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13402 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KJacques
posted Hide Post
Catherine Herridge posts interesting tweet showing UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice) highlighting important information concerning “contempt towards officials”

I didn’t know that even retired members of military are subject to court martial when speaking “contemptuous words Against the President”

Odd how she seemed to randomly highlight this military law right after this interesting issue involving General Mattis. Wonder if he is aware of this?

Wonder if there are source leaks to her of what might be in store for Mattis, McMaster and other players.

Curious indeed.

https://twitter.com/CBS_Herrid.../1269345227703234560

Posts: 578 | Registered: June 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Herridge is fully aware and highlighted those sections specifically in response to Mattis.

He needs to be court martialed and have his retirement taken away after a stint in Leavenworth.

University of Chicago professor using Mattis as an excuse to openly call for a military coup followed by a sham election. These leftists really do want to be just like Venezuela!

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald.../1269299736651149319

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KJacques:
I didn’t know that even retired members of military are subject to court martial when speaking “contemptuous words Against the President”

Seems to focus on "commissioned officers".

Is Mattis, even retired, still a "commissioned officer"?

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16708 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KJacques
posted Hide Post
quote:
University of Chicago professor using Mattis as an excuse to openly call for a military coup followed by a sham election. These leftists really do want to be just like Venezuela!

And they’re all out in the light now exposing for all the country to see exactly who they are.

Posts: 578 | Registered: June 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:

Not just commissioned officers, there is an explicit category for any retired individuals. Mattis is included in this:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, retired officers still retain their commission for life, and their rank, unless it is taken away though court-martial, or they resign it.

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Supposedly we don’t receive a pension when we retire. Instead it’s “reduced pay for reduced service.” The military differs between retainer and retired pay. “ Retired pay and retainer pay are considered the same by the law as the amount of retainer pay and retired pay an individual receives are unvarying.”

Oliver North ran into this when he was convicted his pension stopped as he could no longer serve on active duty.

“ Though it does not occur often, military retirees of all ages can be recalled to active duty to face court-martial charges. Generally, the civilian justice system processes military retirees acting with misconduct.“

Three categories utilized by the Department of Defense (DOD) Directive 1352.1 separate veterans, with those most likely to be recalled under Category I. These categories are:

Category I: Nondisabled military retirees under the age of 60 who have been retired less than five years. This category is disposed to be recalled during times of war, national emergency, or “needs of the service”.
Category II: Nondisabled military retirees under the age of 60 who have been retired five years or more.
Category III: Military retirees age 60 or older and those retired for disability.

https://va.org/retainer-vs-retired/

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I think at least some connections exist until age 70.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

I believe some of these issues are dependent to some degree on the “regular component” status of the individual. When I was on active duty and after the draft was discontinued, most enlisted soldiers were part of the Regular Army rather than the reserve component or what was earlier called the Army of the United States (AUS). Most officers, however, were not in the RA which, I believe, had a ceiling on its size. I was “RA” throughout my enlisted time, but after several years as a warrant officer I also became eligible to request appointment to the Regular Army. I did, but most of my warrant peers did not. That was a long time ago, and perhaps everything has changed since.

I know nothing, though, about the equivalence of any of that in the Marine Corps. I would assume that Mattis was part of the regular component of the USMC.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Dosen't matter, as a retired member of the armed forces we are still drawing a paycheck from uncle sugar and as a matter of that we are still subject to UCMJ.

Posts: 663 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1Lowtrk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
THe debate will be on the left’s terms. Bidet will have the questions in advance and the moderators will be hand picked and questions rehearsed. Typical DNC actions.

If there is a debate oljoe will have to have a bark collar on so they can zap him when he goes the wrong way.

Posts: 248 | Location: Burbank ill | Registered: May 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
seen at CTH

I have only watched a few minutes so far, but I have seen enough to post here and highly recommend. This interview is w Richard Grenell, former Acting Director of National Intelligence & Former US Ambassador to Germany

"Richard first gives an insider’s take on what exactly the “deep state” is. He shares how the DC elites make decisions for the rest of America while bearing little to no consequences for them. Richard discusses how Donald Trump has functioned as a disrupter to the way that Washington DC operates"

Grenell: "Intelligence is an estimate"

What a true statement. Much more than most people understand.

Grenell " The obama administration weaponized the intelligence agencies to go after their political enemies "

Said by someone who has led DNI

Posts: 19583 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dosen't matter, as a retired member of the armed forces we are still drawing a paycheck from uncle sugar and as a matter of that we are still subject to UCMJ.

I would love to see him subject to charges for violating UCMJ for his comments, but it will never happen.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Former Secretary of State Colin Powell says he will be voting for former Vice President Joe Biden. “I certainly cannot, in any way, support President Trump this year.”

Sen Tom Cotton:

I respect Colin Powell’s service and he’s entitled to his opinion, like every other American. But he hasn’t voted Republican for sixteen years . Apparently John McCain and Mitt Romney were “too extreme” for Secretary Powell.

Posts: 19583 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Ha! Powell is gone!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38685 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post