SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Obamacare Replacement by GOP
Page 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 55
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obamacare Replacement by GOP Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Force the clean repeal vote. Make the Republicans who are against it vote. Make the hypocrites explain how they could vote for repeal dozens of times and then when it means something, change their vote.

Put them out there and make them reap the whirlwind. Then primary the ever-loving shit outta them.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The current republican party is a case study in how NOT to govern. Disgusting and embarrasing. They don't deserve to be in charge if they can't get anything accomplished. I hope Trump HAMMERS these RINO's during their primaries.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hope Trump HAMMERS these RINO's during their primaries.

I do too... but Murkowski, Collins, and Capito aren't really Republicans. They are Democrats. I don't know why they call themselves Republicans but you really can't associate the entire party with these 3 Democrats.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24116 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Murkowski, Collins, Capito ...
These three leftist, feminist women... who call themselves Republican, are in favor of Obamacare.
They want the regulations, they want the subsidies, they want the taxes.

And when people don't sign up for it, because the "essential benefits package" is not something they need, or want or can afford.... the exchanges collapse because the people who are already sick are the only people who buy it.

And then.... people can't buy insurance, because the market has been destroyed by Obamacare.

Murkowski, Collins, Capito ... these three leftist, feminist women want people to die. They want their constituents to die... (and that's what has to be said about them). They want to price their constituents out of the insurance market so that if they get sick they die.

Give these three leftist, feminist women who are NOT really Republicans the negative press they deserve until they lose their Senate seats and go away.

If they weren't Republicans, Chuck Schumer would be Majority Leader and Justice Gorsuch would be living in Denver.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Trump himself - and thank goodness for him - is by definition a RINO himself, strictly speaking, and at the least is a looooong way away from any Tea Party Conservative sort, which his comments throughout the election and since have continued to make clear.

Don't be confused by his tacking to the Right to win or his buddying up to the Religious Right out of perception and necessity. He loves America, definitely, he's to the Right of Hillary, no doubt, but he isn't the conservative stalwart some here seem to think he is.

And neither he nor those few in Congress who actually think that way are enough to accomplish much in the way of advancing truly conservative points of view. This past election was MUCH more a narrow and lucky win than any sort of real revolution.

Set your expectations accordingly. If we get a few more small and meaningful wins (another SC Justice, maybe, some real immigration progress, hopefully), we'll all be lucky and the Trump presidency will still be an overwhelming success on a great many levels.

Dying on this particular hill would be an extraordinarily poor choice, for everyone.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
While you are correct that the Trump presidency has been a success, the election of republicans to a majority in both houses has not been. As far as I am concerned they are liars and cowards and do not deserve my support.

Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
quote:
I posted this earlier in the thread. They can repeal the funding with 51 votes, but that would leave thousands and thousands of pages of regulations, and the contracts signed based on those regulations, in full effect.

The gov't can cancel any contract as they see fit, when they see fit.

Contracts between private individuals and insurance companies? Between insurance companies and private businesses? I've never heard of this power before.

No, sorry, thought you were talking about the contracts with the exchanges. But, I'm sure that the contracts you are thinking of cover such an event - repeal or regulation changes etc... otherwise these companies need a set of better lawyers.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by downtownv:

LIARS: 'Moderate' Republicans Reject Obamacare Repeal Outright — After Voting For It When Obama Was President

ByBEN SHAPIRO
@benshapiro
July 18, 2017
Just hours after Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) announced that he would attempt to bring a plain repeal of Obamacare to the floor of the Senate, the so-called “moderates” in the Senate moved to kill such a move. Senator Rob Portman (R-OH), who voted for repeal in 2015, said, “If it is a bill that simply repeals, I believe that will add to more uncertainty.”

Senator Susan Collins (R-ME), who opposed the Trumpcare Senate bill, said she wouldn’t vote to advance a pure repeal. Senator Shelly Moore Capito (R-WV) also says she won’t vote for such a bill; she voted for precisely such a bill in 2015. She issued this statement:

As I have said before, I did not come to Washington to hurt people. For months, I have expressed reservations about the direction of the bill to repeal and replace Obamacare. I have serious concerns about how we continue to provide affordable care to those who have benefited from West Virginia’s decision to expand Medicaid, especially in light of the growing opioid crisis. All of the Senate health care discussions drafts have failed to address these concerns adequately. My position on this issue is driven by its impact on West Virginians. With that in mind, I cannot vote to repeal Obamacare without a replacement plan that addresses my concerns and the needs of West Virginians.

They won’t be the only ones.

This is an excellent opportunity for conservatives to find out who was serious about Obamacare repeal, and who wasn’t. This should be a litmus test for conservative primary challengers. While President Trump is focusing, laserlike, on offing Senator Jeff Flake (R-AZ) for the crime of not being sufficiently deferential to Trump himself, Republicans should focus on whether they need Senators who vote to keep in place bad Democratic legislation out of a desire to expand government.

So, where is President Trump?

This would be the time for him to exert some pressure. But so far, it’s just been Vice President Pence, stating that “inaction is not an option.” Except that it is obviously, most assuredly an option. For most senators, it may be the most useful option. This is the problem with a president who seems to care only when his ego is slighted, not about his policy prescriptions.

There are too many Democrats wearing the republican ID Tag.
If you live here, call these wussy's!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24116 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
So explain this to me, because I'm too dumb to calculate the outcome here...

So we let Obamacare fail. Then what? Does the act automatically die and expire? Are we free of all the mandates and taxes/penalties? Will people be able to buy insurance across state lines?

Do we, by default, go to single-payer, which was Zippy's goal in the first place? Do all the mandates and taxes/penalties remain?

As for the RINO's
When are these people up for re-election? They need to be flushed and McStain needs to get flushed with them. Is McStain too ill to govern now with his recent medical issues? Can he be quickly replaced with someone who will do the will of the people?

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5398 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The republicans own this if for no other reason than that they are in charge. The dems will propose absolutely untennable solutions that the republicans will reject, giving the dems ammunition to say "See it's their fault. We tried to help and they rejected everything we proposed. This is all on the republicans".

The republicans are going to get trounced the next few election cycles. I honestly think they are ok with that as I don't think they really wanted to govern anyway. They are much happier living off of us taxpayers and playing pretend.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Damn, let's lose the total gloom and doom. That won't get us anywhere.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
So we let Obamacare fail. Then what? Does the act automatically die and expire? Are we free of all the mandates and taxes/penalties?

Nope.
quote:
Will people be able to buy insurance across state lines?

Nope.

It will be a complete shit show.
People will be mandated to buy something that may not exist.... or at completely ridiculous unaffordable prices.

The challenge will be to NOT subsidize it further, not fund the insurance companies with your tax dollars until the votes are there for repeal.

Maybe we SHOULD enforce the mandates. Tax the under-employed millenials living in their parents basement for NOT buying it.
Tell them to complain to Murkowski, Collins, and Capito.

But repeal is just step #1 toward fixing the problem created by government. Allowing for more competition, like allowing health insurance to be sold across state lines requires additional, separate legislation from repeal.

-rduckwor

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Just like obama spent 100s of millions of dollars "selling" obamacare to the people, the Trump administration should start an advertising campaign educating the general population how bad obamacare actually is.

We need to shift as large a per centage of the population as we can to truly demand a full repeal.

Absolutely! Just like mikeyspizza said, get on prime time television and tell the masses the truth about all of it! Take the time to "try" to get people on our side. Air the bullshit and state facts.

I think you guys are on to something...

Remember this?

Repeal is going to take a marketing campaign. Sad, but true.

Obama went around the country telling people how wonderful Obamacare was going to be.
Trump needs to go around the country telling people how much and why Obamacare sucks. Big YUGE Obamacare sucks rallies... and call out the RINOs. Start in Capito's West Virginia. Then go to Collins' Maine.

-rduckwor

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Ken Cuccinelli is a big gun-guy...
Heck, he's probably been reading this thread Big Grin :

Conservative group warns of primaries for those who don't back ObamaCare repeal

Former Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli, who now serves as the president of the Senate Conservatives Fund, drew the line in the sand on Tuesday, soon after reports surfaced that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) plans to hold a repeal vote even though it's already clear he doesn't have the votes to pass it.

"Republicans have promised to repeal Obamacare for years and now with President Trump in the White House, there is no excuse for them to break their promise," Cuccinelli said.
"Working with the grassroots across the country, we will seek to identify, recruit, and fund conservative challengers against Republican senators who vote against repeal. If they won’t keep their word and if they can’t find the courage to repeal a liberal takeover of our health care system that has hurt so many American families, they should be replaced by someone who will.”

The threat raises the electoral stakes for Republican senators who oppose the repeal-only plan — so far, that group includes Sens. Lisa Murkowski (Alaska), Susan Collins (Maine) and Shelley Moore Capito (W.Va.).

None of them are up for reelection in 2018 — Collins and Capito are up again in 2020, while Murkowski doesn't have to worry about reelection until 2022.

http://thehill.com/homenews/ca...-dont-back-obamacare

and Sen. Paul: 'I'm in favor of moving forward with partial repeal'

-rduckwor

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I'll take a death by 1,000 cuts and call it a victory, but I wish he'd been more specific about which parts he wants to partially repeal. Repeal the requirement to help those with pre-existing conditions, and you're left with the regulations and the cost. Repeal the regulations instead and you're still left with pre-existing conditions and costs. So where do you start pulling the little sticks out of the Jenga palace? Remember, we're all better off if it implodes rather than explodes.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Screw Rand Paul. He needs to shut his fucking mouth for about 20 years.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
It's just the push around time. President Trump is using his office to shame senators for not getting something done.

He says he will let Obamacare implode as a bargaining push.

Rand Paul is trying to squeeze a drop out of a dry canteen. Maybe the huffing and puffing will condense to find one.

President Trump is finally taking to the air waves to talk of the advantages of a replacement.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
McConnell Sets Plans For Full Repeal As Women Stand In The Way

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R – Ky.) laid out plans to attempt a full repeal of Obamacare Tuesday evening, saying it was at the request of the President and Vice President.

“For the information of all senators, at the request of the President [Trump] and Vice President [Pence] and after consulting with our members, we will have the vote on the motion to proceed to the ObamaCare repeal bill early next week,” McConnell said from the Senate floor on Tuesday night.

Full repeal seems unlikely as Senate Republicans need 50 yeas (plus Pence) to pass a repeal and three of the 52 GOP senators have already said they won’t vote for repeal: Sens. Susan Collins (R – Maine), Lisa Murkowski (R – Alaska), and Shelley Moore Capito (R – W. Va.). The last of which voted for repeal in 2015, but now says she “didn’t come here to hurt people.”

Wow.

What about all the tens of millions Obamacare has hurt? Which is one of the many reasons for why it’s failing.

The one thing above all others that Republicans ran on for almost a decade was repeal, and then repeal and replace, of Obamacare. The failure of the Senate’s replacement has the Right in the extraordinary position of having leadership willing to take repeal to a vote and at least two of the three opposing senators are too enthralled with their positions to follow through.

Sen. Capito should be exceptionally ashamed and worried. Voting for repeal when it didn’t matter, and then deciding when it really matters to vote against repeal in a state that voted for Trump 69.7 percent to Clinton’s 26.2 percent is astounding. Murkowski isn’t looking much better as Trump cleared more than 14 percentage points over Clinton in Alaska.

The time to repeal is NOW.

By some crazy happenstance, we have Mitch McConnell agreeing to a repeal vote. Honestly, what do Republicans have to lose? Whether they vote to repeal or leave Obamacare in place to fail, Americans (and arguably as important, the media) will hold them to blame for any health care catastrophes from here on out.

Full repeal brings back senators like Sens. Mike Lee (R – Utah), Rand Paul (R – Ky.), and Jerry Moran (R – Kan.) into the fold of supporters.

Capito and Murkowski have no better option than to vote for repeal. If repeal goes to the floor and fails, 2018 will be a hard sell for a party made up of notoriously bad salesmen.

http://www.redstate.com/prevai...eal-women-stand-way/

-rduckwor

Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I'd still like to know the name of the genius who decided it was government's place to manage health care in the first place.

Just for the record: I'm three months to the day from when I'm eligible to retire with "full" Social Security benefits. And while I'm not banking on Social Security to fund my retirement, it's something I've paid into since I was 16, and I believe I deserve it. I don't feel the same way about health care.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
I'd still like to know the name of the genius who decided it was government's place to manage health care in the first place.

Maybe THIS will give some idea.

They claim roots back to the late 1800s.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post