SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 628
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Who Doesn’t Have 2 Learn On The Job.

Uhmmm, is she saying that Biden won't have to learn on the job, or did she miss a question mark in the course of saying that everyone has to learn on the job? Somehow I don't recall O giving Biden all that much responsibility.
Well, he put Biden in charge of foreign policy for the Ukraine ...

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but that was just to keep Beau out of trouble - can you imagine how embarrassing that could've been for O? Razz

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by springnr:
The gaggle of candidates in the democrat primary leads one to a WTF moment. The in your face conclusion; the democrat party isn't concerned with candidate qualifications. The deep state can and will run the country for the selected figure head.

Those that might go maverick are to be side lined.

A portion of democrat voters will disagree.

They’re throwing every variety of shit at the wall they can find; cow, pig, horse, sheep, cat, Pomeranian, and hoping at least one of them will stick. It’s kind of like 1984 made into a live-action stage play.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Don't fret, pets - Uncah Joe is rarin' to go to South Carolina! Some choice excerpts:

quote:

Biden Vows Resurgence After Sanders' Win In Nevada: "I'm Going To Take This Back!"
Paul Steinhauser, Madeline Rivera, FOX News, 2/22/2020

...Joe Biden sought to portray himself as Sander's chief rival as results showed him in second place. "You all did it for me, now we can go to South Carolina and I'm going to take this back!" Biden told supporters gathered at a union hall in North Las Vegas, Nevada....

..."I beat him by going on - just moving on," the former vice president told reporters at a stop in a precinct in Henderson, Nevada minutes before the start of the caucuses...

...Asked how he can beat Sanders for the nomination, Biden argued that "one of the things that is going on here is that...people want to know who's most likely to beat down Trump." The former vice president spotlighted that polls that show him trailing Sanders and Buttigieg in the Democratic nomination race "show me being the one that is most likely to be able to be Trump. And, so, look, I look, we have to win, number one. Number two, we have to be able to keep a Democratic House. Number two, we've got to pick up seats in Democratic Senate. And I think just people are now beginning to focus on that from North Carolina to Pennsylvania and from Arizona to Wisconsin."

No, there were no typos in the last paragraph. Original text at http://www.foxnews.com/politic...im-by-just-moving-on

Now, technically, what Uncah Joe says is true: Both Sanders and Bloomberg would've loved to see him drop out by now. Thing is, Biden's already on the ballots for South Carolina and Super Tuesday, and can almost certainly eke out the funds to keep his campaign alive for ten more days. Basically there's no reason for Biden to have dropped out yet. But, hey - as long as he's entertaining, embarrassing and at least mildly divisive, I guess I'm all for it.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Did this loon really say that he was arrested in South Afica while coming to the aid of Nelson Mandela?

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
And sent some guy out to apparently confirm it to Chris Wallace.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
He’s the gift that keeps on gaffing. I love it.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Did this loon really say that he was arrested in South Afica while coming to the aid of Nelson Mandela?

Yes. He claimed he was arrested on the streets of Soweto, which is a massive township just outside Johannesburg. Robben Island, where Mandela was being held, is 800 miles further south, just off Cape Town. I think Joe got his cities confused.

Posts: 101 | Location: Jhb, South Africa | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
It looks like Obama has thrown Biden under the bus. Looks like he is supporting Bloomberg. Guess he knew all along Biden is really a dope.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
It looks like Obama has thrown Biden under the bus. Looks like he is supporting Bloomberg. Guess he knew all along Biden is really a dope.

Have you looked under the table?

Posts: 2541 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
I look, we have to win, number one. Number two, we have to be able to keep a Democratic House. Number two, we've got to pick up seats in Democratic Senate.

Joe is full of Number Two.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by senza nome:
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:

Have you looked under the table?

The krimson Kenyan has his new shack to keep up. Mini mike is spending bucks on everything else, does it surprise you that he’d pay obummer for an endorsement?

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
some more detail

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/0...-arrest-mandela.html

Biden Adds a Claim to His Biography: An Arrest in South Africa

In at least three campaign appearances over the past two weeks, Joseph R. Biden Jr. has told a similar story as he tries to revive his campaign in states with more diverse voters. On a trip to South Africa years ago, he has said, he was arrested as he sought to visit Nelson Mandela in prison.

“This day, 30 years ago, Nelson Mandela walked out of prison and entered into discussions about apartheid,” Mr. Biden said at a campaign event in South Carolina last week. “I had the great honor of meeting him. I had the great honor of being arrested with our U.N. ambassador on the streets of Soweto trying to get to see him on Robbens Island.”

Mr. Biden referred to his own arrest twice more in the next seven days, including at a campaign stop here on Tuesday where he spoke of getting arrested in South Africa between efforts to coax his wife to marry him. That proposal occurred in 1977, both Bidens have said.

But if Mr. Biden, then a United States senator from Delaware, was in fact arrested while trying to visit Mr. Mandela, he did not mention it in his 2007 memoir when writing about a 1970s trip to South Africa, and he has not spoken of it prominently on the 2020 campaign trail. A check of available news accounts by The New York Times turned up no references to an arrest

Andrew Young , a former congressman and mayor of Atlanta who was the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations from 1977 to 1979 , said that he had traveled with Mr. Biden over the years, including to South Africa. But Mr. Young said that he had never been arrested in South Africa and expressed skepticism that members of Congress would have faced arrest there.

“No, I was never arrested and I don’t think he was, either ,” Mr. Young, now 87, said in a telephone interview.

In South Carolina in particular, Mr. Biden is pinning his hopes on a strong showing with African-American voters, a constituency with which he polled strongly throughout much of the race, though he now faces increasing competition for the support of black voters.

After recounting the story of his arrest while campaigning in South Carolina last week, Mr. Biden subsequently told it twice more in Nevada, mistakenly saying Robbens Island instead of Robben, where Mr. Mandela was held for much of his 27-year imprisonment.

And on Sunday, as he had in South Carolina, he also delivered a coda to the story.

“After he got free and became president, he came to Washington and came to my office,” Mr. Biden said of Mr. Mandela at a black history awards brunch in Las Vegas. “He threw his arms around me and said, ‘I want to say thank you.’ I said, ‘What are you thanking me for, Mr. President?’ He said, ‘You tried to see me. You got arrested trying to see me.’”

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Yeah...and I engaged in sexual congress with Debra Jo Fondren, 1978 Playmate of the Year, when I was 17. WOW! This dude has absolutely LOST IT!!! Eek Too bad Nelson isn't around to corroborate this total bullshit...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
@erj-pilot: Your problem is that you are thinking like a rational human being, not like the sort of low-information twits that Crazy Joe is trying to con into voting for him.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For an encore, he'll tell us how he implored Pontius Pilate not to crucify Jesus Christ.

Posts: 2541 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
After recounting the story of his arrest while campaigning in South Carolina last week, Mr. Biden subsequently told it twice more in Nevada, mistakenly saying Robbens Island instead of Robben, where Mr. Mandela was held for much of his 27-year imprisonment.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I am waiting to have him say he was on the balcony at the Lorraine Motel next to Jesse when MLK was shot.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Speaking of MLK he did mention him and got the decade wrong.

Joe Biden's malarkey problem

https://www.washingtonexaminer...ens-malarkey-problem

Former Vice President Joe Biden’s penchant for misstating the facts is so severe his opponents often question his mental acuity.

But they may want to consider the possibility that he is merely dishonest.

Biden told an audience at a recent campaign event in South Carolina that he was arrested decades ago in South Africa for attempting to meet with then-imprisoned Nelson Mandela.

“This day, 30 years ago, Nelson Mandela walked out of prison and entered into discussions about apartheid,” the former vice president said. “I had the great honor of meeting him. I had the great honor of being arrested with our U.N. ambassador on the streets of Soweto, trying to get to see him on Robbens Island.”

Biden has told this story at least three times this month, including a version that pegs the year of his alleged arrest at around the time he proposed to his wife in 1977.

There is only one problem with the former vice president’s story: No one seems to have any idea what he is talking about, least of all the aforementioned U.N. ambassador, Andrew Young, who told the New York Times, “I was never arrested and I don’t think he was, either.”

The Times scoured for evidence of the supposed Soweto incident. It came up empty-handed, which is astonishing considering Biden was elected to the U.S. Senate in 1973, four years prior to his alleged arrest in South Africa. It should not be difficult to find evidence of a member of the U.S. Congress being forcibly detained in a foreign country during an overseas trip in the late 1970s. Also, there is the fact that Soweto is roughly 900 miles away from Robbens Island.

The Biden campaign declined to respond to five separate requests for comment from the Times, which obviously does not bode well for the credibility of the anecdote.

This is not the first time that the former vice president has told a story on the 2020 campaign trail that is almost certainly a load of malarkey.

In August 2019, Biden claimed a four-star general asked him when he was vice president to visit the Konar province in Afghanistan to personally recognize a Navy captain's heroism. Biden claimed the captain initially refused the Silver Star, saying he did not think he deserved it.

"He said, 'Sir, I don't want the damn thing!'" the 2020 candidate told a crowd in New Hampshire. "'Do not pin it on me, sir! Please, sir. Do not do that! He died. He died!'"

Biden got the year, the location, the heroism, the type of medal, the military branch, and the recipient's rank wrong. The anecdote, though loosely based on real-life events, never happened the way Biden told it. Or, as the Washington Post puts it, Biden seems to have “jumbled elements of at least three actual events into one story of bravery, compassion and regret that never happened.”

Is it a false memory? Is it intentional dishonesty? Who knows!

All we know is that there is much more where this sort of thing comes from, including when Biden claimed last year that the survivors of the Parkland shooting “came up to see me when I was vice president." The Parkland shooting was in 2018. Biden left the White House in 2016.

The most alarming thing about the former vice president's dubious claims is that they are not minor “misspeaks” of verbal flubs, such as when he said, “Poor kids are just as bright, just as talented, as white kids.” Biden's claims about pinning medals and getting arrested in South Africa are statements of fact. They are about historical events he claims to have experienced, and they may or may not be complete fabrications.

There is also the smaller problem of Biden being just plain wrong on basic facts. This genre of falsehood is not as troubling as his apparently invented anecdotes, but it is no less disturbing for its factual inaccuracies.

Biden claimed last fall that “Bobby Kennedy and Dr. King” were “assassinated in the ’70s, the late ’70s when I got engaged.” King and Kennedy were both killed in 1968. Biden claimed his late son, Beau, served as "Attorney General of the United States." Beau Biden was the attorney general of Delaware. The former vice president claimed 40 people were killed in the 1970 Kent State shooting. Four students were killed. Biden claimed the 2019 El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, mass-shootings happened in "Houston" and "Michigan." He once referred to the Second Amendment as the First. Biden repeatedly confuses the cities and states in which he is speaking. The list goes on.

These and other false claims, including Biden’s tales from Afghanistan and meeting with Parkland students, happen with enough regularity that one is left to wonder whether it is mere sloppiness or intentional dishonesty. Perhaps, as the former vice president’s opponents suggest, it is an issue of mental acuity. Then again, perhaps Biden simply struggles to tell the truth.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Joe Biden's malarkey problem

Poor 'ol Joe... they just aren't buying it anymore...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This morning, as his polling gets worse, @JoeBiden said South Carolina was not his "firewall."

That's not what he said just weeks ago...

https://twitter.com/AmericaRis.../1231624850772500482

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post