SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who's still leaving home to work every day?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who's still leaving home to work every day? Login/Join 
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Working part time at Home Depot. Like Walmart & grocery stores HD is open every day. Keeps me busy and working with my hands. Helping customers.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I am an essential employee.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Still working. Under state guide lines I probably have three different claims under the current state executive order. Construction, supplier to construction, or skilled laborer.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I run a front end loader for the local city sanitation department. Even dumpsters less than half full still need emptied regularly so I don’t expect any reduction in hours at all.

When I go in at 2am I’m the only one there and everybody else is out on their routes when I get back so I’m pretty well distanced all the time.

They did have us stop clocking in and out. We just text the boss to clock in and out instead. I keep my boots in the truck so I don’t even have to go in the building to get them.

I’m taking it seriously because I developed breathing trouble before I quit smoking. If I get it I’m probably dead so it’s a big deal for me.

Posts: 506 | Location: Salt Flats | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
Been in every day. It's really quiet though. And parking is a breeze. We're one of those 'essential' businesses. But they've issued a mandatory work from home order for anyone who can. We typically have 130 -150 people in our building. Nowadays it's around 30. And two or three of those are working for the property management company.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'm still going in each day, as is my boss and half my department. By the nature of the products our employer builds, we're considered essential.

I'm not going to deny that I'm a little envious of a few in other departments who have been mandated to stay at home [and are getting lots of home work done. Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13501 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I'm on my regular work schedule on patrol.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SAC trained killer
Picture of Ricardokid11
posted Hide Post
I am. Private Security. 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM Monday thru Friday. Smile

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Posts: 2083 | Location: Glen Allen, VA. | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
My company is considered essential, so I'm still on a regular schedule for the time being. I'm very thankful for that.

quote:
Originally posted by Cliff:
Working part time at Home Depot. Like Walmart & grocery stores HD is open every day. Keeps me busy and working with my hands. Helping customers.

My wife has been part-time with HD for many years- they have always treated her very well. I'd like to mention what they have been doing recently to show support and thanks to their employees: they have implemented temporary policies for additional weekly pay for all hourly employees, as well as additional paid time off for the rest of the year. It's a significant amount when you consider the thousands of people across the country in all their locations, and I really appreciate what that means.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I'm still going in every day. Home building is still booming in the Orlando area and probably will for the next few years.

Since I work outdoors with little close contact to others, I believe our risk to be lower.

Posts: 13111 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
Every day this month. USN has not changed training or deployment schedule for ships. People in the command are working from home when they can. My crew and I are still going to sea to support training exercises.

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still working like normal. Going to support the IT side of our manufacturing business. On the positive side, the commute is much better with less traffic. I originally didn't like the having to go in with Dallas having the shelter in place decree. Now with the recession peeking its head, I'm just glad to still have an income.

Posts: 1040 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
I’m still working....fire service is considered essential I guess....I’d rather be off...lol

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AH.74:
My company is considered essential, so I'm still on a regular schedule for the time being. I'm very thankful for that.

quote:
Originally posted by Cliff:

My wife has been part-time with HD for many years- they have always treated her very well. I'd like to mention what they have been doing recently to show support and thanks to their employees: they have implemented temporary policies for additional weekly pay for all hourly employees, as well as additional paid time off for the rest of the year. It's a significant amount when you consider the thousands of people across the country in all their locations, and I really appreciate what that means.

What AH.74 said. HD is stepping up to take care of their hourly employees. Even new hires like me. Every HD location is busy from what I hear. Mine is for damn sure.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow will be the first day that I work from home. Up until Friday the language from corporate has been should, but it was changed to required.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post