SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who's still leaving home to work every day?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who's still leaving home to work every day? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Working in the pharmacy everyday as scheduled. We have changed our delivery process a bit. We are located inside the hospital. No one gets in unless you are an employee who has been screened or an inpatient.
So, now we have a team doing scheduled curbside delivery. Sounds fancy but its really slow down, roll down a window, tell us who you are and we toss you the drugs.
Amazed at the increased volume of anxiety pills, birth control and ED meds going out in the last couple of weeks.

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
I work on a Naval Base so I'm at my desk every weekday,

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I just finished 7 nights, going back Monday night.

I swear I'm getting more emails right now than before this crap. I'm averaging 90-100 emails a day, probably 20 of them BatFlu crap.

Our procedures change every couple of hours. It's a bear to keep up with it.

But I agree, the roadways are wonderful. About to go drop the kids off to their mom for the first time since all this really took off. Going to take the doors off the Jeep and enjoy the drive.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
There is very little work for me to do. Drove 35 minutes each way yesterday for 1hr of work. Supposed to be a three hour job, but customer bought wrong stuff so I couldn't complete it.

I took off today and next week since there is so little work to go around. I didn't feel like going into people's houses and risking it for a third or less hours. I figured I'd let the unprepared get the few extra hours and make it half or 2/3s time for them.

I applied for a new job yesterday in a data center, very easy to social distance there giant mostly empty buildings. I would not be in contact with people's stuff and surfaces like I am at my current job.

My buddy who's also an electrician called me an hour ago and said he was laid off and his company about to shut the doors.

Driving in this week has been like a ghost town. The Dulles Toll Road normally packed at rush hour 4 lanes across looks like 4AM on a Federal holiday. The toll for Rt. 66 which on busy days is $50 to get into the City was $2 all the way into DC, I've never seen it that low. The toll is determined by traffic volume.

It's errie out there.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
I'm in healthcare running a large cardiology office. As we're still seeing urgent patients in the office (and non-urgent via video) I'm in the office every weekday and expect that won't change.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6731 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Yep.

At this point my job is literally driving around and looking for vacant retail centers. (A lot of false positives this week!)

I don't have to do anything outside of the car or my office until at least July.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
Nothing has changed for my routine, except business is up. The lack of a crowd on the roadways really brings a smile to my face. I wish traffic was this light every day.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: squad13,

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
We are actually adding a third shift and bringing in some former employees who aren't working because of the shut downs.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
I am. “Essential government worker”, because someone needs to dole out money to the unemployed masses.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
Considered essential, so business as usual only more cleaning after taking a position or leaving a position.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Essential service so I’m still showing up to work every day. On the plus side, the commute into work has really improved.

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a commercial driver hauling passenger/light truck tires. I have a 250 mile route I drive daily. Traffic is very light and business is horrible.This should be a busy time for us with customers doing winter changeovers and buying summer treads. I don't know how the company can survive like this for very long.

Posts: 602 | Location: NW Pa. USA | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
I am leaving home and in to the office every day like usual. Except the social distancing procedures implemented at the work place we are busier than ever.

We just gained a very large customer that needs a domestic manufacturer and I have been requested to work overtime.

Cheers~

Posts: 905 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts
Picture of GRIZZLYBEAR
posted Hide Post
I retired from the teamsters with 20 yrs 6 months, went to work with state and retired from PA state with 22 years service at age 65. Retired in 2008 collecting the two pensions and social security and got bored sitting around the house and listening to the old ball and chains bitching after around 6 or 8 months---I had been recieving calls from 3 to 6 different companies with offers of either part time or full time employment----I finally accepted a job that I could write my own ticket as far as the hours worked and hourly pay. I went with 3 nights a week at a lower hourly wage than the company was wanting to pay to keep from over earning according to social security.

Long story short at 77 years old I'm still working 3 to 4 nights a week and considered essential.

Posts: 1895 | Location: SOMEWHERE IN,, PA USA | Registered: May 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Up through today I have been going in. I am in IT supporting a small manufacturer. Most of our front office is working at home and due to government edict so will I starting Monday. Home for the next two weeks. The plan is only a skeleton crew coming in to support customers who provided proof that they are essential and still open. Next week should be fun.

Posts: 158 | Registered: September 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been going in for half days, but today I have not gone in at all. I intend to try to limit my time onsite to a minimum for awhile.

I have enjoyed the commute because of the lack of traffic and it has been kind of fun to stand in the middle of Main Street in Louisville at mid-day and not see a car for blocks (except a few parked ones). All but a couple of the pan handlers even left the area about a week and a half ago.

Posts: 631 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can do much of my work remotely but do have to travel to various locations depending on the need.

Frisco and Plano to finish up a access control project and our police and fire academy today as I had contractors working on a few things.

I wish they would let me use the ranges, 2 50 yd and 1 100 yd indoor range.

Posts: 1069 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Seems like everyone else is on vacation whilst I drive for hours.

Posts: 9156 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
Us.

I own a business but asked my team if they were skeered. They said no and I agree so we are still working regular business hours.

Wife teaches and is going into the class every day to lesson plan and record video to send out.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Our company is classified as essential (consulting engineers, construction and infrastructure support), most of us have been working at home. Once or twice a week I will go into the office to do work I cannot do at home, and picking up drawings from the plotter. We usually have 85 people in the office; the most I've ever seen there lately when I am in is 6. My wife recently started a job at a manufacturer of healthcare equipment, she's not able to do her work at home; she goes into work every day from 10 pm - 6 am. It is different - she gets home as I am starting up in the home office.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8527 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post