SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Backlash Against The NRA
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Backlash Against The NRA Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yeah, I wonder how it's going in the boardroom for the execs who thought that this was a good time for grandstanding and virtue-signaling.

But come on they lost lots of business and tax breaks. But they stood up to the EVIL NRA. Usually goes over real well in the business world.

I thinks the rolling heads will be many.

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
I bet there are some fun talks going on in Delta's boardroom these days.

Why any company would take a stand one way or the other on any issue that will upset a large portion of their customer base is just stupid. Especially for a publicly traded one.

No kidding.

It seems FedEx handled the situation just about right. Even though I vehemently disagree with their opinion on the matter, I appreciate that they are able to keep the politics of the day out of their business decisions.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
He's an ignorant, arrogant little turd, isn't he?

And probably looking to be on the fast track to a position of power at CNN, or the DNC. He's already showing he fits right in.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
I bet there are some fun talks going on in Delta's boardroom these days.

Why any company would take a stand one way or the other on any issue that will upset a large portion of their customer base is just stupid. Especially for a publicly traded one.

I haven't been an NRA member in years but I think it's time to join again.

Exactly, They keep there mouths shut, business as usual.
Speak up for no SJW gain (Any one quitting the NRA because no delta discount?) and alienate 5 million members and the politicians they vote for? Oh and lets not forget all the new memberships being paid for.
REAL SMART.

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I believe I read Atlas Van Lines, So a gun owner that's moving their guns, I supose they don't want your movie business?
These airlines accept you carry gun for transport but otherwise they dislike you?
It feels good to be a deplorable...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

And probably looking to be on the fast track to a position of power at CNN, or the DNC. He's already showing he fits right in.

I’m sure he has several offers from the MSM.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
Did you hear him blaming the Governor today for the deputies not going in?

I did...He is being fed talking points faster than he can remember them. The deputy on scene gets a pass, the sheriff of the department gets a pass, but let's blame the governor Roll Eyes and all the nonsense goes unchallenged because he's a itty bitty baby, but also we need to let 16 year olds vote because they are so wise and worldly, but don't even think about questioning anything they say because they are so fragile....What a crock.

quote:

Yes, he is and I don't mind calling a spade a spade. His parents should be ashamed letting him be exploited like that.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Well it seems like Enterprise, National and Alamo got their talking points today. I received these from my emails sent yesterday. Sounds like an attempt at some backtracking. They all say they don't take a political stance, but we know they did - they can't put that genie back into the bottle now.

------------------
Enterprise
Thank you for contacting Enterprise holdings. My name is Sharon and I will be happy to help you today.

We don’t sponsor, endorse or take a political stance on any of those organizations. Our discount offers are adjusted and modified several times a year. We regularly review our discount offers and decide which ones continue to make sense for our business. It’s unfortunate but I understand your frustration.

Your reference number for this incident is: 180225-001540

Sincerely,
Sharon
Enterprise holdings customer care
-------------------
National
Thank you for choosing National Car Rental for your car rental needs! My name is Angela. I will be happy to help you today.

Thank you for reaching out to us with this feedback! We don’t sponsor, endorse or take a political stance on any of those organizations. We regularly review our discount offers and decide which ones continue to make sense for our business.

Your reference number for this incident is: 180225-001547

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,
Angela
National Car Rental Email Customer Service Representative
--------------------
Alamo
Enterprise Holdings doesn’t sponsor, endorse or take a political stance with any organization. However, we do rent cars to hundreds of different organizations, including the NRA

Sincerely,
Andre
Alamo Rent A Car Email Customer Service Representative

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, what's the deal? Some of the language is identical.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Enterprise Holdings owns Enterprise, Alamo and National - essentially they are all the same company.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Bullshit, Sharon.
Bullshit, Angela.
Bullshit, Andre.

ETA: Will be in Denver this week and will be renting from Avis. Not sure where they stand on 2A issues, but at least they haven't participated in this round of stupidity.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny from Wikipedia:
quote:
A useful idiot is "a dupe of the Communists"

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
OK, what's the deal? Some of the language is identical.

What Bama said, although they each have their own website contact.

Enterprise Holdings, Inc. is a private holding company headquartered in the Clayton suburb of St. Louis, Missouri, United States. It is the parent company of car rental companies Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental, Alamo Rent a Car, and Enterprise CarShare. The holding company was formed in 2009 as a result of Enterprise Rent-A-Car's 2007 acquisition of Vanguard Automotive Group, the parent company of National Car Rental and Alamo Rent a Car. The company sells its used cars through Enterprise Car Sales. It is owned by the Taylor family.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Enterprise Holdings owns Enterprise, Alamo and National - essentially they are all the same company.

And they use automated AI to handle the initial contact information.

If the 'bots can provide a canned answer to a problem, then it saves the expense of having to forward the issue to India, and God forbid, back to some high dollar American shlub that has to actually interact with a customer....

I have worked in the IT field for 25 years.

I have seen what it has become.

At the end of the day, a customer is either a dollar to the asset column, or a dollar to the liability column.

And dealt with accordingly.

They are lying through their virtual corporate teeth

GIGO. It's still garbage.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I saw Hogg on CNN being interviewed by Anderson Cooper this afternoon.

I think Cooper was eyeing up the kid.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
NRA: Neolithic Rock Association

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
ETA: Will be in Denver this week and will be renting from Avis. Not sure where they stand on 2A issues, but at least they haven't participated in this round of stupidity.

Sadly they have. they're firmly onboard with the SJW.

Its harder to find a company that hasn't exhibited a knee-jerk reaction to deal with.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Solid work, FedEx....

FedEx tells NRA protesters to pound sand

FedEx will not end its partnership with the National Rifle Association, the company said Monday, even as other companies are heeding calls from activists and severing their ties with the organization.

The shipping company said in a statement that it sees assault-style rifles and large-capacity magazines as an “inherent potential danger.” But it added that it would not end or change its relationship with the NRA.

“The NRA is one of hundreds of organizations in our alliances/association Marketing program whose members receive discounted rates for FedEx shipping,” the company said. “FedEx has never set or changed rates for any of our millions of customers around the world in response to their politics, beliefs or positions on issues.”

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
My brother made me aware of this yesterday.....Does anyone remember (or did everyone forget) that an Assault Weapons Ban WAS IN PLACE when the Columbine incident occurred?? I believe it was the Clinton/Reno AWB of 1994, yes? Just a little nugget of fact of which snowflakes and sage, wise CHILDREN of 14 years Roll Eyes might not be aware.

Summary: Firearm bans DO NOT WORK for the criminally-minded. I love Chellim's signature quote by Spooner...it is SPOT ON!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Yep...that's why no one brings it up.

quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
My brother made me aware of this yesterday.....Does anyone remember (or did everyone forget) that an Assault Weapons Ban WAS IN PLACE when the Columbine incident occurred?? I believe it was the Clinton/Reno AWB of 1994, yes? Just a little nugget of fact of which snowflakes and sage, wise CHILDREN of 14 years Roll Eyes might not be aware.

Summary: Firearm bans DO NOT WORK for the criminally-minded. I love Chellim's signature quote by Spooner...it is SPOT ON!!

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post