SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Backlash Against The NRA
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Backlash Against The NRA Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Rush was talking about how the alt-left is using bots to hit these companies with thousands of customer complaints, fake complaints designed to look like a real complaint, in order to make the company think they have a real customer issue when in fact it's phony emails.

Rush said he had the same problem and they researched it when they hit his advertisers in order to hurt his show, that some 90+% of the complaints were electronically generated and represented no real consumers.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
awesome - did not know about this but will certainly follow up

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
So let me get this straight...

The corrupt alt-left is in some kind of backlash mode against the NRA because they think the NRA is responsible for the killing of these kids in Florida. I'm just wondering when we're gonna hear the backlash from the same corrupt alt-left against Planned Parenthood for the murder of 900 babies per day. Just wondering, because yuh know...it's for the chirrun.**

** Heard this on the Sam Malone show this morning...KNTH 1070 on your AM dial.

This is simple. I fully believe the anti-gun crowd is WAY more organized than we think, just like BLM & Anti-fa are way more organized than they appear.

They know that the only real roadblock to a total ban and confiscation is the NRA. So they are taking a page right out of General Giap's strategy book from Vietnam. Swing popular opinion against your enemy using the media and the war can be won with less direct fighting.

They make the NRA the public villain after every mass shooting. They make it appear it is the NRA backing easy access to fully automatic, high caliber, military grade assault weapons used to kill children as the root cause behind the evil. They want public opinion turned against the NRA, cripple it financially, make the membership abandon it under public pressure, and it will fold. Once it does, the battle is over, turn in your guns people.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
In regards to social media...I would be shocked if the left wasn't buying followers but because social media companies are leftist, they won't clean out the bot accounts because it would undermine the narratives they're trying to push.

quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
So let me get this straight...

The corrupt alt-left is in some kind of backlash mode against the NRA because they think the NRA is responsible for the killing of these kids in Florida. I'm just wondering when we're gonna hear the backlash from the same corrupt alt-left against Planned Parenthood for the murder of 900 babies per day. Just wondering, because yuh know...it's for the chirrun.**

** Heard this on the Sam Malone show this morning...KNTH 1070 on your AM dial.

This is simple. I fully believe the anti-gun crowd is WAY more organized than we think, just like BLM & Anti-fa are way more organized than they appear.

They know that the only real roadblock to a total ban and confiscation is the NRA. So they are taking a page right out of General Giap's strategy book from Vietnam. Swing popular opinion against your enemy using the media and the war can be won with less direct fighting.

They make the NRA the public villain after every mass shooting. They make it appear it is the NRA backing easy access to fully automatic, high caliber, military grade assault weapons used to kill children as the root cause behind the evil. They want public opinion turned against the NRA, cripple it financially, make the membership abandon it under public pressure, and it will fold. Once it does, the battle is over, turn in your guns people.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Here's how the local liberal media is portraying the story:

Georgia Lt. Gov. Cagle threatens Delta after NRA decision

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

You mean the Delta-/NRA-related story immediately followed by an accidental shooting of a four-year-old child story?

Probably just coincidence, eh?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
quote:

Delta’s tax break may not take flight after Georgia Senate blocks it

The Georgia Senate blocked a lucrative tax break bill on Monday that would benefit Delta Air Lines after the Atlanta-based company severed ties with the National Rifle Association.

Lt. Gov. Casey Cagle said he would not support tax legislation that helped the airline “unless the company changes its position and fully reinstates its relationship with the NRA.” He echoed a growing number of conservatives who opposed the measure over the weekend.

It came after Delta desperately sought to find neutral ground in a gun debate that has very little, trying to soothe concerns among conservative lawmakers infuriated by the company’s decision to end discounted rates for NRA members in the wake of the mass shooting at a Florida high school.

That move forced Gov. Nathan Deal and other supporters of the $50 million jet fuel sales tax exemption to shift to the defensive, and prompted a growing number of Republicans to try to strip the provision out of a broader tax-cut bill that has already passed the state House.

https://www.ajc.com/news/state...RcCN2hiMHs7KAuudmyH/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lkdr1989,

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
This is a big chess game with a lot at stake. I guarantee you the opposition is carefully planning and considering each move before playing. The NRA and supporters would be prudent to do the same.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:

If Delta wants to portray itself as “neutral” on the gun control debate, I actually have no problem with them offering a discount program of equal benefit to Everytown (or a similar group) as long as it’s an incorporated entity with a defined structure and paid membership. But yanking it from one group as the result of an incident is not leveling the playing field, it’s punishment and showing favoritism.

Under that scenario, it would be interesting to see who would do more business with a corporation. I would wager that the collective three million (and now growing) members of the NRA fly more, rent more cars, and have more money in the bank than twice that number of anti-NRA protesters.

Posts: 4499 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
You mean the Delta-/NRA-related story immediately followed by an accidental shooting of a four-year-old child story?
No, that's not what I mean at all.
quote:
Probably just coincidence, eh?
Yes, it probably is a coincidence.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Well, Delta, karma IS a bitch. Silence is golden, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and other platitudes.

Choose your favorite.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I wonder how it's going in the boardroom for the execs who thought that this was a good time for grandstanding and virtue-signaling.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
This is a big chess game with a lot at stake. I guarantee you the opposition is carefully planning and considering each move before playing. The NRA and supporters would be prudent to do the same.
What makes you think they aren't?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Yeah, ironic isn't it? These democrats and leftist bastards blame the NRA for the death of school children, yet they fully support and prop up Planned Parenthood whose mission is to actually murder babies.

A sure sign that a policy or principle is false is it's inconsistency. The more inconsistencies in it, the false it is.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, I wonder how it's going in the boardroom for the execs who thought that this was a good time for grandstanding and virtue-signaling.

I love it. There couldn't possibly be a better example of karma being a bitch than for Delta to lose a $40 million subsidy over this. They are going to need to sell a shit-ton of tickets to liberal snowflakes to make up for that!

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
From what I'm hearing, FedEx is apparently sticking by the NRA.

Yup. I can live with their statement. Might even buy some FedEx stock, just because.

I have lots of classmates flying for FedEx and UPS - guys like Marcus Flagg, who led the effort for flight deck officers to carry firearms..

https://about.van.fedex.com/ne...n-gun-safety-policy/

FedEx Responds to Questions on the National Rifle Association, Gun Safety and Policy

February 26, 2018

FedEx Corporation’s positions on the issues of gun policy and safety differ from those of the National Rifle Association (NRA). FedEx opposes assault rifles being in the hands of civilians. While we strongly support the constitutional right of U.S. citizens to own firearms subject to appropriate background checks, FedEx views assault rifles and large capacity magazines as an inherent potential danger to schools, workplaces, and communities when such weapons are misused. We therefore support restricting them to the military. Most important, FedEx believes urgent action is required at the local, state, and Federal level to protect schools and students from incidents such as the horrific tragedy in Florida on February 14th.

FedEx is a common carrier under Federal law and therefore does not and will not deny service or discriminate against any legal entity regardless of their policy positions or political views. The NRA is one of hundreds of organizations in our alliances/association Marketing program whose members receive discounted rates for FedEx shipping. FedEx has never set or changed rates for any of our millions of customers around the world in response to their politics, beliefs or positions on issues.

A True American Hero – Marcus Flagg

Posted at 11:00 am on September 11, 2011 by Brian Darling

Marcus “Marc” Flagg is a hero to me. I have met a few extraordinary people in my life during my time on Capitol Hill, but Marc stands out. He was a victim on September 11, 2001, yet he was not defeated by the terrorists who attacked the United States. He worked through the political system to solve one of the problems that caused 9/11.

You see, Marc lost both of his parents on 9/11. Retired Navy Rear Adm. Wilson F. “Bud” Flagg and his wife Dee decided to fly that day. They ended up on American Airlines Flight 77 that was flown into the Pentagon. 182 aircraft passengers and Pentagon employees lost their lives in the attack on the Pentagon.

After Marc’s tragedy, he banded together with other commercial airline pilots and worked with them to arm the pilots of commercial aircraft against terrorism. He has worked night and day to improve aviation security and is a true American hero.

Marc memorialized his feelings that day in a post titled:

Reclaiming the Sky -Turning loss into positive action written in April of 2006.

My name is Marcus Flagg. My parents, Bud and Dee Flagg died aboard American Airlines flight 77, when it was crashed into the Pentagon. I am a U.S. Naval Academy graduate and a Navy F-14 Tomcat fighter pilot for over 10 years. Currently, I am a United Parcel Service Boeing 757/767 First Officer flying domestically and internationally. I have been involved in the Federal Flight Deck Officer program from its inception to unending improvements and continue to advocate aviation security as President of Passenger-Cargo Security Group.

September 11, 2001, a Tuesday morning which irrevocably changed the world as you and I knew it. That morning I awoke to see the second aircraft impact the South Tower of the World Trade Center. I knew immediately this was the work of terrorists.

My first reaction was to call my father, also a U.S. Naval Academy graduate, fighter pilot, retired Navy Rear Admiral with 38 years active and reserve service and also a retired American Airlines Captain with 31 years of experience. He and my mother were high school sweethearts who married and had a happy, successful life together. The relationship between my father and me was very close and we usually spoke on the phone at least once a week about a wide range of subjects including farming, stocks, and flying, as well as the latest news about the Navy, airlines and world events. I followed in my father’s footsteps for quite a while and relished doing so. He believed that terrorists would never strike in the United States, because their money came from us. That mistaken belief haunts me. I was unable to contact my parents that morning because they were flying to Los Angeles aboard American Airlines flight 77. I knew they planned to make the trip but not exactly what day they would leave. They often traveled on the spur of the moment.

After hearing about the crash of Flight 77 and the numerous unanswered calls to their home, I had the terrible feeling that they were aboard that aircraft. My phone call to American Airlines reservations confirmed my worst nightmare.The coincidence of my parents traveling that day is eerie. They were traveling aboard an American Airlines 757, the same airline and type of aircraft that my father had flown. During his Naval service at the Pentagon, his former office was in the same vicinity as the impact area. My mother supported him through both careers and frequently accompanied him on his trips and had visited his Pentagon office.The sad fact of being an aviator and a former accident investigator is that you fully understand what takes place in an aircraft accident. I knew that the largest piece of the aircraft recovered would be maybe the size of quarter, but my worst fears were that the authorities would not find any remains from the intense fire. These thoughts were only shared with fellow pilots, because I knew how devastating this information would be to my family.

Commercial airline pilot Tracy Price wrote of the logic of arming pilots in the Washington Times on January 3, 2008 in defense of the Federal Flight Deck Officers Program (FFDO):

Consider this: Arming pilots is not a new idea. In fact, airline pilots flew armed in large numbers from the dawn of commercial aviation to 1987 with no record of incident. When the federal government disarmed pilots in 1987, many pilots predicted cockpit takeover attempts — including the late Captain Victor Saracini, who, in horrible irony, was the captain of United flight 175 on September 11, 2001 when his Boeing 767 was hijacked and crashed into the South Tower of the World Trade Center. It was the disarming of pilots in 1987 that inevitably led to the September 11 cockpit takeovers.

Another extraordinary person I met during the post 9/11 effort to arm pilots is the wife of Captain Saracini, Ellen. Ellen Saracini was very active in pushing for armed pilots and spoke of her husband’s strong feelings that pilots should be armed to protect the cockpit from terrorism. Ellen Saracini is also very heroic. Ellen and Marc stepped forward after tragedy struck in their families, yet they forged forward and showed bravery. Both these two heroes overcame the fear of talking about the pain they have experienced in an effort to prevent the same thing from happening to other families.

https://www.redstate.com/brian...n-hero-marcus-flagg/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Hogg is the pretentious teenager all the networks keep trotting out to explain to us stupid adults how dumb we are...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Hogg is the pretentious teenager all the networks keep trotting out to explain to us stupid adults how dumb we are...

Did you hear him blaming the Governor today for the deputies not going in?

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
He's an ignorant, arrogant little turd, isn't he?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I bet there are some fun talks going on in Delta's boardroom these days.

Why any company would take a stand one way or the other on any issue that will upset a large portion of their customer base is just stupid. Especially for a publicly traded one.

I haven't been an NRA member in years but I think it's time to join again.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16400 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post