SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The 2020 Democrat Primary
Page 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 79
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 2020 Democrat Primary Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Am I rooting for a fight? Of course - regardless of the tactical and strategic implications it will hold for the election contest, it'll be entertaining as hell. The thing is, Bernie's only been so confrontational in the past. Hopefully he's pissed as hell now.

Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...ocrat-establishment/

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) on Wednesday delivered an address warning the Democrat establishment that it cannot win without supporters from his contingent and signaling his intention to grill Joe Biden (D) in Sunday’s debate.

“Last night obviously was not a good night for our campaign from a delegate point of view,” he said, acknowledging his losses but contending that his campaign is winning the “generational debate.”

Biden, Sanders said, does well with older voters, but younger voters — in their 20s, 30s, and 40s — Sanders said, “continue… to support our campaign.”

With that, Sanders issued a stark, straightforward warning to the Democrat establishment.

“Today I say to the Democratic establishment, in order to win in the future, you need to win the voters who represent the future of our country, and you must speak to the issues of concern to them,” he said. “You cannot simply be satisfied by winning the votes of people who are older.”

“While our campaign has won the ideological debate, we are losing the debate over electability,” Sanders continued, adding that he “very much” looks forward to Sunday’s debate with his “friend” Biden.

Sanders took a demonstratively bolder approach, declaring that he “strongly” disagrees with the assertion that Biden is more electable and proceeded by listing out the questions he plans to pose to Biden at the CNN-hosted debate. He plans to grill the former vice president on medical debt, health care, student debt, mass incarceration, childhood poverty, and billionaire influence in elections.

“On Sunday night, in the first one-on-one debate in this campaign, the American people will have the opportunity to see which candidate is best positioned” to defeat Trump, Sanders added.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Our side is helped if Sanders keeps fighting. Sanders saw what happened and he knows the DEM Party went all out to take him down. 2016 on steroids.

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Bernie ain't gonna go quietly into the night.

Didn't in 2016, ain't in 2020.

All good news for Trump 2020. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Biden, Sanders said, does well with older voters, but younger voters — in their 20s, 30s, and 40s — Sanders said, “continue… to support our campaign.”

“Today I say to the Democratic establishment, in order to win in the future, you need to win the voters who represent the future of our country, and you must speak to the issues of concern to them,” he said. “You cannot simply be satisfied by winning the votes of people who are older.”

What you have to win is the votes of the people who vote.
If the young people *say* they support you, but don't vote, they don't count. But, still, hang in there Bernie!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
That asshole is refusing to drop out...

Yep. Delusions of Grandeur.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...nders-campaign-biden
Why would we want Bernie to drop out? The longer he stays in, the more chances everyone gets to see Biden lose his mind in a debate setting. That's good for our side.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^

The scenario I'd rather see is Mr. Commie setting up as a 3rd party candidate, he has basically been kicked in the balls by the DNC twice in a row.

Unless he is holding for a payout from the DEMs. I hear his wife wants a bigger house...

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, we've gotten to Phase II - the Bernie Bros' feelings are hurt by Biden's overbearing attempt at extending an olive branch. From today's Yahoo News, FWIW -

quote:
"I want to thank Bernie Sanders and his supporters for their tireless passion," Biden said. "We share a common goal, and together we'll defeat Donald Trump."

Sanders plans to stay in the race through at least Sunday's debate, the first one-on-one with Biden, when it will become clear how aggressively Sanders plans to go after his rival.

Still, in a sign of how difficult this will be, some Sanders allies chafed at that sentiment, saying it's too soon to talk about the Vermont senator dropping out since voters in more than half the states have not yet voted.

"It's premature and getting off on the wrong foot to stand there and welcome Bernie supporters before Bernie has made a decision about whether to proceed or not," said Jonathan Tasini, a progressive activist and former Sanders surrogate. "I really thought it was tone deaf and actually probably hurt as the first outreach to Bernie Sanders supporters."

Tasini said Biden will need to go beyond rhetoric, adding, "The price of unity has to be extracting some very specific concessions on big issues that speak to what Bernie supporters want."

But some Biden supporters say Sanders is in no position to make any demands. South Carolina Rep. James Clyburn went so far as to call on the Democratic National Committee to "shut this primary down" and cancel future debates.

Full text at http://news.yahoo.com/bidens-d...-over-215527460.html

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
He can't drop out until he and Senile Joe have at least one really good debate.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I'm praying and hoping beyond hope that Bernie supporters will either stay home or just not cast a vote for Sleepy Joe. Best case...vote for Trump just to stick up Creepy Joe's ass.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
just my thoughts, but what the DEMs pulled on Sanders this year was worse than 2016.

In 2016, Clinton always led Sanders in the polls. Things got very close in April 2016. Then Clinton was up by 10% in early June 2016.

Here in 2020, Biden was way down in late Feb 2020, and almost out of $. The whole talk was Sanders / Bloomberg. Then the DEM machine went to work. In about a week, RCP betting odds had Biden at 84 % and Sanders at 18%.

Everything after South Carolina was like a Tsunami of DEMs doing things to boost Biden and attack Sanders. It had a very coordinated and well sequenced feel to it.

So this year Sanders was significantly leading, and the machine turned that upside down. Maybe it was just the voters, but all those endorsements rolling in from all the DEM sources
looked like someone was behind the curtain.

Will Sanders roll over ? or go out blazing ?

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, in fairness they didn't come out into the open until after South Carolina - Uncah Joe did have to prove he had some legs. Then again the response to Biden's win in South Carolina was broad enough and fast enough that I kinda got the picture that all the Establishment types got organized while they were waiting to see if Biden would win there before they committed themselves but then committed themselves en masse as the results started coming in.

Then again, the part that always confused me about the Dems' 2016 primary was...why? Hill had it in the bag, and any problems were (at least apparently) well within her ability to deal with. Gathering endorsements and all early on was within the normal playbook, but getting Dankie to put her thumb on the scales just didn't seem at all necessary.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
listen to Sanders

video at link

https://www.cnn.com/videos/pol...is-week-in-politics/

sounds like he is coming after Biden in the next debate on Sunday night

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
If it were anyone with any subtlety at all, I'd wonder if Sanders was serious or just negotiating hard. As it is, I agree and I'm looking forward to sparks being thrown on Sunday!

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Sunday Night's debate is brought to you by...

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
listen to Sanders

Never happen. Bernie's a poser and will roll over as the DNC orders. Expect nothing but softballs for Biden at that first debate.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
looked like someone was behind the curtain.

Let's see.... Who was a major player in the company that made the voting booth and tallying software? Some guy named George I think....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
listen to Sanders

Never happen. Bernie's a poser and will roll over as the DNC orders. Expect nothing but softballs for Biden at that first debate.

God I hope he stays in at least until Milwaukee.....that is where can be a big power player...and get the biggest payoff like in 2016

At least that's what I hope he is thinking.

"Let's burn it to the ground comrades"

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Is anybody watching the debate?

-rduckwor

Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
yes^^^^^^All about Corona and bailouts.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3477 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Bernie is calm. IMO, too calm. He needs to be scrappy and he's not.
He's not doing enough to hurt Biden or to make a difference.
I think Bernie knows he's done.

-rduckwor