SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The 2020 Democrat Primary
Page 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 79
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 2020 Democrat Primary Login/Join 
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I think come Wednesday there will be several more dropping out...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Considering that he was the great white hope in Iowa and New Hampshire, I'm surprised Buttigieg didn't hold out just to see what happens on Tuesday. Did Biden somehow do that?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Considering that he was the great white hope in Iowa and New Hampshire, I'm surprised Buttigieg didn't hold out just to see what happens on Tuesday. Did Biden somehow do that?

I’d guess there is an enormous amount of back room haggling and promises trying to clear out moderate candidates who are seen as standing in the way of Biden’s anointing.

Posts: 489 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but Buttigieg actually had a position in the race to lose.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sr_Bull:
I’d guess there is an enormous amount of back room haggling and promises trying to clear out moderate candidates who are seen as standing in the way of Biden’s anointing.
That's it right there.....the back-room deals. I'm sure EVERY "contestant" that drops out will urge their base to pull the lever for Crazy Uncle Joe. I don't recall a single one of them that agrees with "Feel the Bern" Sanders and it appears they all LOATHE "Mini Mike" Bloomberg worse than a raging case of genital warts...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by Sr_Bull:
That's it right there.....the back-room deals. I'm sure EVERY "contestant" that drops out will urge their base to pull the lever for Crazy Uncle Joe. I don't recall a single one of them that agrees with "Feel the Bern" Sanders and it appears they all LOATHE "Mini Mike" Bloomberg worse than a raging case of genital warts...

I'm sure that's close to right, but haven't a lot of voters already sent in their ballots for "Super Tuesday"?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I'm sure that's close to right, but haven't a lot of voters already sent in their ballots for "Super Tuesday"?
I'm sure some have sent in half a dozen or more. These are dems remember.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2084 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
As an unaffiliated voter following Trump's inspiring speech & suggestion at his latest rally, tomorrow I'm heading to Colorado primary and casting my vote for Bernie.

I too fear a brokered convention and need crazy Bernie to be the face of the Democrats. Thus reducing individual Democratic voter participation.

if Democratic voters don't show up at the polls, my Republican Senator may be safe.

GO BERNIE!!!

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
And another one bites the dust: Bootyjudge is out.

But, Butt, butt... he claimed the support of the LGBTNWINADSV crowd.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Aw man ... was hoping ButtPlug would have stuck it out. President Bootie Big Grin

Yeah. Good move in his part. But I don’t feel bad for him as he gets to keep his war chest of cash tax free.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Why is ButtPlug out?

Come on guys, he had no support in the black community - as in zero. He couldn't even hold events in black churches with invited guests. No democrat can win nationally without support from the black community - period.

Why couldn't he get any support in the black community despite his desperate pandering and promising everything under the sun?

For a reason you will never read or hear in any mainstream media outlet. The black community does not like or support gays. Check out any poll on the subject and you will see. The media cannot in any way imply that the black community is prejudiced though, so you will see all kinds of contortions and stupid reasons put forward.

He was mayor of South Bend - 62% white and 26% black. When he was elected he was still portraying himself as straight and was always listed as one of those 'most eligible bachelors'. He 'dated' women publicly and posted about it on social media.

He didn't come out until right before he ran for re-election in 2015. An openly gay candidate has no chance in the democrat primary despite the suburban love for the LGBTQRST+ crowd.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I wonder who we'll see show up as a VP on a Biden, Sanders, or Bloomberg ticket.

Sanders / Warren seens a given.

Biden / Buttiplug?

Bloomberg / Beelzebub?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I'll bet his husband/wife wasn't happy he pulled out.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Bootyfudge found being in the bottom position so long was too much to take and any hope he had of coming from behind was slowly shrinking away.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Biden/Buttigeig = Hairplug/Buttplug

Tell me I'm wrong...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
I'll bet his husband/wife wasn't happy he pulled out.
Luckily an iPad screen is easy to clean..... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
He is the wife, they were wondering if he won the nomination, and he debated Trump, when it was over if his husband came up and gave him a kiss on TV, it might not sit to well with voters.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
He is the wife, they were wondering if he won the nomination, and he debated Trump, when it was over if his husband came up and gave him a kiss on TV, it might not sit to well with voters.

Perception versus reality. The whole left wing lifestyle doesn’t sit well with a lot of people in flyover country. People can be bullied with the media and constantly harassed as being “hicks”. They can throw around made up statistics on the climate, gun control, or whatever. None of that carries over into the privacy of the voting booth.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
And another one bites the dust: Bootyjudge is out.

But, Butt, butt... he claimed the support of the LGBTNWINADSV crowd.
Yep, and the moron found out first hand that particular group represents less than .05% of the voting electorate. They just stream real loud on social media but are irrelevant in the final take.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Why is ButtPlug out?

Come on guys, he had no support in the black community - as in zero. He couldn't even hold events in black churches with invited guests. No democrat can win nationally without support from the black community - period.

Why couldn't he get any support in the black community despite his desperate pandering and promising everything under the sun?

For a reason you will never read or hear in any mainstream media outlet. The black community does not like or support gays. Check out any poll on the subject and you will see. The media cannot in any way imply that the black community is prejudiced though, so you will see all kinds of contortions and stupid reasons put forward.

He was mayor of South Bend - 62% white and 26% black. When he was elected he was still portraying himself as straight and was always listed as one of those 'most eligible bachelors'. He 'dated' women publicly and posted about it on social media.

He didn't come out until right before he ran for re-election in 2015. An openly gay candidate has no chance in the democrat primary despite the suburban love for the LGBTQRST+ crowd.
100% on point. The black folks I know are very vocal and unbending in their position about homosexuals.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post