SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Damn, my chicken noodle soup came out good!

Sauteed the bones and some onions in butter tossed some carrots and celery in sauteed a little longer. Added water and bay leaves, reduced for about four hours. Strained it. Added more fresh carrots, celery, and onions, some light salt, pepper, and thyme, and two things of chicken broth, simmered for 30 minutes, added some egg noodles and simmered for about 10 minutes longer.

I make it more or less the same way every time, and it's always good, the only difference was I threw away the neck because I wasn't originally planning making soup, also I didn't make stock in advance and remove fat from the top.

No pictures, because it was just soup, but I'm sitting here salavating for soup for dinner tonight.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Deep fried spicy pork chops, with white gravy. red beans and rice (leftover from the other night) shellie beans.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Photos, please!!!

Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shotgun Zeke
posted Hide Post
Butter Chicken Bites with Lemon Broccoli...you can search with "Lemon Asparagus" but the family likes broccoli better.

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor

Posts: 640 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Sister made home made sour dough bread dough, and made biscuits out of it instead of a loaf bread

Mighty fine!

Also had baked chicken thighs and salad.

Sorry, no pics.

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Photos, please!!!

Big Grin

Not the best picture, but here goes....

https://flic.kr/p/2j6oz3t

ARman

Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Mild Italian sausage, chicken thighs, potatoes, onions and peppers.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:

Not the best picture, but here goes....

https://flic.kr/p/2j6oz3t

ARman

Thanks Smile

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Damn doublsharp and ARman! Looking good!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Biscuits n' gravy.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
Last night we had Tasso ham with green peppers, onions, and gravy over grits. It was excellent.

Tonight is bacon and eggs. I may go all out and make some pancakes, too. I love breakfast for supper. Smile

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biscuits and gravy......MMMmmmmmm!!

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
Biscuits and gravy......MMMmmmmmm!!
...............Reminds me so much of SOS/ S--- On a Shingle/ Chipped Beef............. Don"t care what you call it but I liked it then and I still like it on a slice of fresh toast with a over easy egg on top with a splash or two of Tobasco sauce...YUM YUM in my tummy. ......................drill sgt.

Posts: 2007 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Biscuits n' gravy.

Looks wonderful, sir Smile

Bet it was superb.

Thanks for posting. Been thinking about you and wondering how you have been.

Please post more photos for us!

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
i had samkyupsal. basically, slices of grilled pork belly wrapped in crisp, cold red leaf lettuce with rice and ssamjang paste (soybean paste, chili soy bean paste, minced garlic, sugar, ground sesame seeds, sesame oil, diced scallions). did i mention the pound of grilled pork belly? Smile

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Today I made my "famous" canned stew. Into a 2-qt saucepan I emptied a 12-oz can of Hereford Roast Beef and Gravy, broke up the meat chunks, added small cans of whole kernal corn and cut green beans (both drained), and heated it all up. It makes a very tasty dish, big enough for 2 meals.

I've tried several brands of canned beef (none of which currently are stocked in my area supermarkets any more, for several years), but decided to try ordering the Hereford brand from the web. It is produced in Brazil, and is far and away more tasty than either Hormel or Armour. It would make fantastic hot beef sandwiches! It's not cheap, but it's definitely worth it. I know we're supposed to "Buy American", but the improvement in quality from this Brazil product will be an exception for me. I think I ordered it from Amazon (about $9.50 a can) but I see Kroger supposedly has it at about half that price.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

Add a take-and-bake baguette from Aldi's and it's a great meal!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

I've tried several brands of canned beef (none of which currently are stocked in my area supermarkets any more, for several years), but decided to try ordering the Hereford brand from the web. It is produced in Brazil, and is far and away more tasty than either Hormel or Armour. It would make fantastic hot beef sandwiches! It's not cheap, but it's definitely worth it. I know we're supposed to "Buy American", but the improvement in quality from this Brazil product will be an exception for me. I think I ordered it from Amazon (about $9.50 a can) but I see Kroger supposedly has it at about half that price.

Curious... ever try this stuff? If you're not a COSTCO member it can still be ordered mail order + 5% which is usually much cheaper than Amazon.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16215 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

Curious... ever try this stuff? If you're not a COSTCO member it can still be ordered mail order + 5% which is usually much cheaper than Amazon.
I have never seen that in Costco. What is it? Consistency? Roast beef slices? Spam-like substance?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.flickr.com/photos/...n/dateposted-public/

Crawfish and shrimp étouffee.

1 medium/medium large onion
A cup or so of carrots
Cup or so celery
Cup or so bell pepper
2 cups of chicken stock
1 Jalapeno
1 can 10oz diced tomatoes and green chilies
4 cups of seafood stock
2 cups all purpose flour
3 sticks of salted butter
2 bay leaves
Salt and fresh black pepper to taste
Basil
Thyme
Parsley and oregano
4 clover garlic
Hot sauce
Slap yo mama to taste

Sautee vegetables in butter. 15 minutes, add garlic go 5 minutes more
Make roux. 2 1/2 sticks butter 2 cups all purpose flour.
Combine vegetables and roux, and chicken stock, can tomatoes/ chilies, and bay leaves, add basil, parsley and oregano, thyme. Hot sauce. Add seafood stock and mix. Add slap yo mama to taste.

Butter, garlic, Italian season, melted, brushed on French bread, toasted.

ARman