SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NRA’s Wayne LaPierre Says He Is Being Extorted, Pressured to Resign
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NRA’s Wayne LaPierre Says He Is Being Extorted, Pressured to Resign Login/Join 
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
LaPierre has needed to go for a long time.

The NRA is just a money making machine enriching a few people, and at least one ad agency right now.

They need to clean house, cut the shit, and actually get back on mission.

+1. Time for new blood. Hopefully Colion Noir, Dana Loeshe take bigger parts moving forward. The NRA needs younger (middle age) speakers that are not apologetic about owning firearms.

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
OP, you need to provide a link. All posted news items must be accompanied by a link.

Sorry Boss, just got back and saw this. Corrected.

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 808:
Who has the power to remove LaPierre ? Only the Board?

I never see his name on the ballot each year when time to vote.

The way it typically works is:
a) The board hires, supervises, and (if necessary) fires the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) or Executive Director (ED).
b) All other staff members are hired, supervised, and (if necessary) fired by the CEO/ED or his staff.

In some nonprofits, the board is elected by the board. In others, members elect the board. However, in many cases where members elect the board, board members form the nominating committee and have great influence on which potential board members get on the ballot.

Without reading the NRA bylaws, I can’t give a definitive answer to your question, but based on prior board experience (non- and for-profit), it is likely that only the board has the power to fire the CEO/ED. However, As the board are voted on by the members, members can bring considerable pressure on the board to replace a CEO or ED.

Note that replacing a CEO or ED, especially of a large, high budget, high profile organization is a non-trivial task. Should the board decide to replace a CEO or ED, they will often begin a quiet search for a replacement with the existing CEO or ED continuing in the role until the replacement is announced. Sometimes a board just flat fires the CEO or ED, then starts a search, but often they prefer to announce the successor while sharing that “Joe is resigning to spend more time with his family.” or ”Joe is resigning to pursue other interests.” Often there is a whole lot going on in the background before anything is announced.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maximus_flavius:
quote:

The NRA is just a money making machine enriching a few people, and at least one ad agency right now.

+1. Time for new blood. Hopefully Colion Noir, Dana Loeshe take bigger parts moving forward. The NRA needs younger (middle age) speakers that are not apologetic about owning firearms.

Agree that the NRA in this day and age must change the aterotype of a bunch of old white guys.
High profile leadership of a more diverse nature ( other ethnicities and women) are the key to the future both at executive and grassroots levels.
A young woman that is both smart and articulate and with stage presence is what is needed

Posts: 3291 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
quote:
quote:

Agree that the NRA in this day and age must change the aterotype of a bunch of old white guys.
High profile leadership of a more diverse nature ( other ethnicities and women) are the key to the future both at executive and grassroots levels.
A young woman that is both smart and articulate and with stage presence is what is needed

So basically... Candice Owens Smile

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I would love to have Candace Ownes for an NRA spokesperson. She’s extremely intelligent, conservative, pretty & presentable, & articulates well.

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ I'll cast another vote for Candace Owens as an NRA spokesperson. She turns 30 tomorrow.

Here is an example of her speaking capabilities: Link

[Watch Rep. Lieu at the beginning and then her response at 5:28]

Posts: 20 | Registered: April 21, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Not a member, mainly because of Wayne L. He needs a permanent hiatus. It is way, way, way past time. It would do the NRA much good. Imho.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Candace Owens, Colion Noir, Dana Loeshe, and probably a dozen others-- it's not for the lack of alternative talent that LaPierre holds on to his position at NRA with a death grip. He likely holds on because he knows how to grease important palms. A money trail might well emerge from the litigation forthcoming, and it may well clear up a lot.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I've seen most internal coupes fail. The boards are always made up of the CEO's asshole biddies.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would love to have Candace Ownes for an NRA spokesperson. She’s extremely intelligent, conservative, pretty & presentable, & articulates well.

and clean too! (As Crazy Uncle Joe said of Obama)

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
What needs to happen is what happened to Gillette. Let the NRA membership plummet-- my membership lapsed two years ago because I am sick and tired of LaPierre-- and LaPierre will be gone faster than Gillette can say toxic masculinity.

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I have maintained my membership (plus a membership for my dog) but I've been tired of Wayne for a long time now. The NRA needs a serious reorganization.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
What needs to happen is what happened to Gillette. Let the NRA membership plummet-- my membership lapsed two years ago because I am sick and tired of LaPierre-- and LaPierre will be gone faster than Gillette can say toxic masculinity.

I am a proud Life Member, and I also have reservations with LaPierre. His time is past. But we gun owners cannot afford to lose our footing in regards to membership numbers. We need to increase enrollment.

With the issues that plague the NRA, I still say that a gun owner who cares about gun rights needs to be a member.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
From the very first time that I became aware of him, Wayne LaPierre impressed me as an aggravating, pompous, man, who was very full of himself. It seems like many organizations attract this type of person -- the reason that I dropped my membership in AOPA (Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association).

I joined NRA in spite of LaPierre, not because of him; NRA fills a need for us.

If I were not a Life Member and had to make the decision today, I'm not sure whether or not I would choose to join NRA, while he is in a position of influence at that organization.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:

Wonderful that the recommendation is to go full PC-compatible.
Just what we need - follow the liberal lead - just put 'em in there because of their color, race, sex whatever.
Simply great Frown

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good by Wayne! Don't let the door hit you in the A$$

Posts: 152 | Location: west Florida | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 104RFAST:
Good by Wayne! Don't let the door hit you in the A$$

Well, he hasn't gone anywhere yet.

And yeah, the PC sjw approach is NOT the way to go.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
The three people I named-- acknowledging that there are many more possible-- were not picked because they are a black man and two women. Have you ever listened to any of them? They are all superb. Colion Noir, for instance, can be funny.. Humor-- ridicule-- is a very effective weapon. Can you imagine Wayne making you laugh? Unless he slipped and fell on a banana peel.

I won't choose people because they are black or female or whatever. And I won't eliminate them either.

And I won't rejoin NRA with Wayne LaPierre at the top.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yes, we'd all be far better off without the NRA. Razz

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post