SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ice cream... who/what do you like?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ice cream... who/what do you like? Login/Join 
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
Bassetts Ice Cream at the Reading Terminal Market in Philly. Especially the Salted Caramel Pretzel...

Posts: 1801 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Turkey Hill
Weis store brand
Nelson' s
Leiby's
Hershey

Too many great flavors to list here though. My preferred flavor varies but right now Turkey Hill has a limited flavor of coffee, caramel and chocolate that is very good.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Blue Bell is my favorite brand. I like their Dutch Chocolate and Homemade Vanilla flavors best.

flashguy
+1 I have liked every flavor I have ever tried from Blue Bell. Most likely to purchase Vanilla or Pecan Pralines 'n Cream.

For us Texans who live near a HEB, the spice company Adams recently began selling ice cream through HEB and their Vanilla is awesome.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thirty-One Flavors in either Gold Medal Ribbon or Jamoca Almond Fudge.
Dairy Queen vanilla and chocolate swirled in a cone is a rock star.
Freddy Meyers Private Selection is pretty respectable for store bought.
And not a single mention of the green stuff with the nuts in it. What's
wrong with you people?

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1057 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Pretty much anything. Also a big fan of frozen custard.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I lived in Cols, OH and when I go back to visit mom and dad I get United Dairy Farmers Ice cream, and I love their coffee.

In Richmond, VA before the local Ukrops stores were bought out, and they discontinued the flavor, I lived and died by Coney Island Waffle Cone. (even when I became lactose intolerant)

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
That Aldo's price, if it really meets super premium standards, is astounding.

I'd love to know how much it weighs.

Posts: 5736 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I try to find something that doesn't have a bunch of HFCS or unpronounceable chemical bullshit in the ingredients. Usually Haägen Dasz. Seems like Blue Bell makes one type of vanilla that isn't made with a Chemistry set but I can't remember which one.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Cold.

After that I'm not too picky. Big Grin

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Rocky road for me, plain ol vanilla for the wife.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Plain old Vanilla is my default favorite. Edy's or Haagen Daz.

No kidney problems that way.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Graeter's Chocolate Chip!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Blue Bell Rocky Road. Lately they've been selling BOGO at the local groceries.

Lately since we've had a bit of warm weather, I enjoy sherbet or sorbet. Any flavor.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Growing up in upstate NY it was always Byrne's Dairy but last time back there it just didn't seem the same.

Where I live now a great local homemade ice cream parlor (Fjords) closed its doors a few years back. We still have Armadillo's and the new Silver Lining Creamery for premium small batch ice cream. For grocery store stuff Safeway's Lucerne isn't bad. Few are non-HFCS. Tillamook is one.

As for flavors, French vanilla and vanilla bean are standards but almost any other flavor, provided it doesn't contain almonds or brasil nuts, can find its way into our freezer. Smile

Too old to churn my own these days....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Haagen Dazs Pistachio - none better!

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3924 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bruster's Cake Batter. After that, various brands and flavors, or recipes if doing at home.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
kirkland vanilla and thrifty for three or four other flavors

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Publix House Brand Neapolitan ..

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
Blue Bell Natural Vanilla Bean and Dutch Chocolate are favorites.

I love my own homemade mint ice cream. I leave out the green food coloring and chocolate chips. Generally speaking, I don't care for crunchy bits in my ice cream.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dead_Eye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
Cold.

After that I'm not too picky. Big Grin

Call me crazy but I actually prefer my ice cream soft/just starting to melt. I feel like the flavors are more pronounced.

Beware the man who has one gun because he probably knows how to use it.

Posts: 368 | Location: Somplace with cold drinks and warm women | Registered: May 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post