SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ice cream... who/what do you like?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ice cream... who/what do you like? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Yes

^^this

I'll be having two scoops like my president please.

I buy whichever one is on sale. I make all food our purchases based in same manor. Price per unit, or relative price per unit if comparing filet Mignon to ribeye. For instance if ribeye is on sale for $11.00 per pound, and filet Mignon is on sale for $13.00 I buy the tenderloin because it's a better discount 13/20 vs 11/16 - 31% vs 35%. I spend a lot of time shopping and only buy things when on sale so that I can eat better than I would otherwise be able to afford. Needless to say, my girlfriend hates shopping with me. I take pleasure in looking at the bottom of the receipt and seeing how much I saved.

Back to the original question in this order if priced the same:

Tie #1

Häagen-Dazs
Ben & Jerry's

Bryers

Friendly's

Safeway's store brand

Eddy's

My current favorite is Magnum ice-cream bars.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Bryers chocolate

Kroger Premium brand is very good

Mint Choc Chip is the best flavor. But I love Marble Slab Chocolate Mint with kit Kat in it.

Klondike bars are good but keep getting smaller

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I love pretty much any brand of chocolate ice cream. Mint chocolate chip is good too, and moose tracks is another I like, but plain old chocolate is my favorite.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Aldi has a knockoff Ben & Jerry type premium ice cream pint now that is surprisingly cheap and surprisingly good!
The major problem that I have with Aldi is their apparent inability to keep the supply chain flowing. Every time I go to Aldi they are out of stock on at least two or three items on my list and there are always many other empty spaces on the shelf.

At checkout the cashier asks "Did you find everything you were looking for?" -- This is a joke, right?
quote:
Bisleyblackhawk wrote:
Actually...I am a big fan of the Publix brand
Publix Premium ice cream is by far the best store-bought ice cream I have ever had. A full 64 ounces in every half gallon tub and frequently on sale for $3.50 / half gallon! Best of all, my local stores always stock The One True Ice Cream Flavor: Maple Walnut.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Chocolate chip.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
For those of us fortunate enough to have a Braums!

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live about 40 miles from Ben & Jerry's. I just noticed a new flavor, "The Tonight Dough".
Outstanding! Multiple flavor cookin doughs, chunks of chocolate, all for $5.79 for a pint (single serving). I stopped at a local convenience store to get gouged.
Another store sells Vermont products, and focuses on maple. They sell creamies/ soft serve, maple only. They use a higher milk fat, and real maple syrup. I have had several in very fresh, crisp waffle cones that blew my mind. Outstanding!

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1129 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Häagen-Dazs Rum Raisen.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Yes

Second that. I recently discovered Steak and Shake has 1/2 price milkshakes Mon-Fri 2-5pm.

Posts: 7020 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Chocolate almond for comfort, vanilla for ala modes, homemade peach during Summer.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Aldi super premium vanilla. Only 5 ingrediants and better than the best other brands. Comes in 48oz container for $3.99. Only flavors are choc and vanilla and it puts Hagan Daz and other botique brands in the shade.

I also like Aldi's premium pint in 'thank you cherrymuch'and 'make fudge not war' but the 48oz tubs of super premium are the way to go imho. I like 2 scoops vanilla and a scoop of good orange sherbert in the same bowl. Recreates the dreamsickle.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Blue Bell is my usual go-to. There are many ice cream flavors I DON'T like, but my current favorites of theirs are banana pudding and chocolate chip.

And thank you THANK YOU for mentioning Braums! We traveled cross-country several years back and discovered that chain along the way - made a few stops there in the course of our trip. Over time, we'd forgotten the name of the establishment - thanks for the reminder!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6694 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
We buy Blue Bell or Mayfield the most, usually chocolate or vanilla. Our favorite place to go out for ice cream is Cammie's Old Dutch Ice Cream Shoppe in Mobile, but this is probably a once a year occurrence.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I churn my own.
The only product that come close is the Breyers Gelato stuff they sell in the grocery store.
Mine is a bit richer.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39757 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Haagan- Das Coffee.

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
#1 Vanilla

#2 Anything with real fruit in it

#3 Coffee

#4 Most types of mint, especially Peppermint with bits of crushed up mints in it.

Posts: 32515 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I'd still pick Blue Bell when I can find it. Years ago I loved Kay's ice cream Tin Roof Sundae flavor.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Where I grew up, it was Whitey's Ice Cream. They've got several locations in the Quad-Cities, and can be found in area grocery stores.

Around Chicago, I grew to love Oberweis which also can be found in area grocery stores.

Both of the above can be ordered if you want to try them.

Favorite flavor is butter pecan.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Dryers Mocha Almond Fudge
Dryers Mint Chocolate Chip (slow churned one)

I used to like a Rocky Road with thick gooey marshmallow, but most is now made with pieces or a weak attempt of a marshmallow swirl. Baskin Robbins made a great gooey marshmallow one and I would buy one of their 5 gallon ones but they stopped making it. Up in NH you could get the gooey marshmallow in a jar and pour it on, but they don't sell it here. Used to bring a bunch back when visiting family.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blue Bell. Natural Vanilla Bean and Tin roof....mmmm ice cream.

Houston Texas, if the heat don't kill ya, the skeeters will.

Posts: 359 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post