SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Route 91 fest Vegas shooting?
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 87

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Route 91 fest Vegas shooting? Login/Join 
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Signed.

What a POS!

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Report This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
SIGNED!

Posts: 4627 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Let's bring it back to the subject at hand, please, guys.

Posts: 107594 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Let's bring it back to the subject at hand, please, guys.

Very true, I'm sorry if I helped with the thread drift. It is a truly heart wrenching situation.

Posts: 12180 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Report This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
16 guns found in the room (.223 to .308) and 18 at the home along with several pounds of Tannerite at the home, and some undisclosed quantity of ammonium nitrate in his vehicle.

Security guard did attempt to engage him / gain access to the room and was shot in the leg through the door. Fired additional shots through the door at security and police.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I wasn't speaking to anyone in particular. I interjected this into the thread and it's satisfying to be able to channel some of the anger over this shooting.

She Goddamn well deserves it.

posted Hide Post
I signed, she has no place in law.

Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Fox News is saying he made some fairly large bets recently.

Wonder if he lost all he had due to his gambling and decided this was how he wanted to go out.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Depends on the definition of "recently".

All this sounds very premeditated. You dont to bring guns to Vegas in case you lose. And stay in a suite with vantage of a thousand person event.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am #1700, signed

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Born with a silver spoon in your mouth, I see, princess.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10...dings/28Lattman.html

No surprise there, precious.

Maybe it's the same in other cities but, only in NYC is this such a big deal. Nuptials of the patricians announced to the world.

Posts: 14655 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It was not a good day. I'd read that the hotel had been sold out for weeks ahead of the concert; this had to have been thoroughly, painstakingly planned well in advance. Just my thoughts...

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Fox News is saying he made some fairly large bets recently.

Wonder if he lost all he had due to his gambling and decided this was how he wanted to go out.

Too much planning. Heard on radio that the room had to have been booked weeks if not months in advance. 18 weapons in room, surveillance cameras in place, tannerite, etc. He showed what a "lone wolf" could do with a little planning and preparation.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Maybe he had money problems, but if he did, he was a crazy man with money problems. Any motivation you might suggest has to be followed up with "But the real issue was that he was batshit insane."

It's just a feeling, mind you, but I think that no overt cause will be found, because such a cause does not exist. I think he was simply insane. You'd have to be.

posted Hide Post
Don't try and understand crazy.
Don't try and apply logic to crazy.

Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
ANTIFA association maybe?

Latest news is saying AR15 and AR10's converted to full auto. Listening to phone video's it sure sounded to me like more than one shooter. We'll see what they find out.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Just saw an idiot reporter on Fox saying that he had both .223 and .308 rifles, so he had obviously modified his weapons to "fire more powerful cartridges." Roll Eyes

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beltfed21:
ANTIFA association maybe?

Latest news is saying AR15 and AR10's converted to full auto. Listening to phone video's it sure sounded to me like more than one shooter. We'll see what they find out.

Sounded belt fed to me. A 20-30 even 40 round magazine goes really quick, a lot quicker than the sustained fire I heard.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Report This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
All I can say is this is truly gutwrenching. Prayers for all those impacted by this nutbag.

Agree that this was premeditated. Nutbag didn't just decide at the last minute to 'go off'. Room had to have been selected and booked well in advance. He had prepared to do this. I do hope they find how he gained the components to convert those weapons and backtrack to the people involved. That in and of itself could be an interesting storyline. At least the nutbag did his own self rehabilitation and finally ended it. He's assumed hells temperature by now no doubt.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

posted Hide Post
There are many types of insanity. There are experts in the area that have studied the likes of serial killers, thrill killers and the like. Eventually, there will be a better understanding of the factors involved. There are clinical psychologists that are experts in the field. The FBI has long had a behavioral science unit devoted to figuring out what motivates individuals such as this. It is very annoying to see media types speculating as to the cause of this behavior.

There are many varieties of "insanity", ranging from psychosis, to psychopathy. Again, I have stated earlier most people would never leave home if they knew what goes through the minds of other human beings. Fortunately, most people do not act upon these thoughts.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post