New
Find
Notify
Tools

London Attack Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Lots of Arc'Teryx LEAF uniforms, that Wolf Grey is pretty sharp.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
I cannot comprehend policing without a firearm. It's time to arm every police officer in England.

The old way is not going to work anymore.
And every citizen.
Arming the police is common sense, but you're dreaming about widespread gun ownership and carry in that nation.

There's an incredible phobia over there about firearms. People legitimately freak-out over the mere sight of a armed police officer. For a national culture that prides itself on mischief and 'sticking it to their betters' private ownership for the masses would be jumping the shark.

Posts: 14663 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Start with the stationary police and guards, then arm all the police.

Then start with those already owning firearms to be allowed more access, then carry.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8345 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Lots of Arc'Teryx LEAF uniforms, that Wolf Grey is pretty sharp.

More CTSFO in full kit, from an earlier press event. Rifles are mainly Sig MCXs and 516s, topped with Aimpoint Micros with 3x magnifiers.

Posts: 32532 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The policeman that was stabbed and died in this attack. Was he taken by complete surprise, or did he not have something to defend himself with? I am thinking a pistol might have saved his life, hard to imagine being so exposed and vulnerable.

-c1steve

Posts: 4061 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Any idea why that officer's magazine is only half loaded?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30415 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, this thread is about a terrorist attack. Innocent people died and, once again, the Western World has been assailed for no valid reason.

A bit of talk about hardware is fine, but enough is enough.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107657 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gentlemen, this thread is about a terrorist attack. Innocent people died and, once again, the Western World has been assailed for no valid reason....

And too much of the Western World is in denial. And the longer we deny reality, the worse it will get.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
I think, at some level, our good cousins across the pond never thought it quite necessary. They pride themselves on proper behavior and firearms outside of the proper place doesnt fit into that.

They are now up against savages. Time to climb into the Spitfires and Hurricanes and have a go at it.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
c1steve, I have been wondering about that too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21118 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
What percent of Muslims would commit a terrorist act? Probably quite small, but probably larger than most liberals would want to believe.

What percent of Muslims would stop a fellow Muslim from committing a terrorist act? Probably close to zero.

THIS is, I believe, a big part of the Liberals' delusional world view.
They keep SAYING that Muslim "extremists" are an insignificant fraction.
But the horrifying reality is that Pew Research did a study of Muslim attitudes towrd terrorism and discovered that ~25% of Muslims, worldwide average, believe that terrorism against the West is "justified".

I saved the link because I knew this subject would come up repeatedly in discussions with liberals:
http://www.pewglobal.org/2006/...in-the-muslim-world/

Now, ~25% is "a minority", but MY GOD!! 25% !!!!
That would make the number of terror-supporting Muslims greater than all the enemies of all the wars that we have ever fought COMBINED.

As one former Muslim said in an interview: "Osama and his followers are not really "extremists"; they are Muslims who became devout enough to actually read and follow the Quran."

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:

There's an incredible phobia over there about firearms. People legitimately freak-out over the mere sight of a armed police officer. For a national culture that prides itself on mischief and 'sticking it to their betters' private ownership for the masses would be jumping the shark.

They shut down their entire financial district several years ago because somebody found a .22 short eound laying in a doorway. . .

The horror. Imagine the panic if it were a .22LR. . . Eek

Europe must change their world view if they want this to stop.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21851 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:There's an incredible phobia over there about firearms. People legitimately freak-out over the mere sight of a armed police officer. For a national culture that prides itself on mischief and 'sticking it to their betters' private ownership for the masses would be jumping the shark.

Let's take this set of misguided statements one ate a time, rationally and politely.

1. There is NO national phobia about firearms, if there was, there would not be upwards of 1800 gun clubs, and almost the same number of shooting ranges in the UK. Nor would there be around 2 million lawful shooters,, many thousands of gun stores, and literally dozens of gun-makers. There would be no Worshipful Company of Gunmakers Guild, either, nor would the Royal family patronise the National Rifle Association. So I think you can shut the door on that one.

2. I've never seen ANYBODY freak out at the sight of an armed police officer, and I go to major airports on a monthly basis where you are most likely to see an armed police officer. Thousands upon thousands of people fail to be freaked out either there, or in any of the major London train stations....

3. You've obviously had much better things to do than to read around 4000 of my posts [yes, 4000] out of my 8000+ posts that deal with gun ownership here in UK, even failing to notice that I have nineteen of the >4.5 million guns myself.

Hope this serves to calm you down, Sir.

tac

Posts: 11332 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
A couple of open thoughts.

What percent of Muslims would commit a terrorist act? Probably quite small, but probably larger than most liberals would want to believe.

What percent of Muslims would stop a fellow Muslim from committing a terrorist act? Probably close to zero.

Here you go:

There is another video by an older woman (possibly Islamic herself if I recall correctly) talking about similar numbers.

Found it:

Posts: 3940 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
A fourth victim, 75-y/o Leslie Rhodes, has died of his injuries.

His friend, Michael Carney, had known Mr Rhodes for about 40 years and played Queen for him as as he lay critically ill in hospital.

The 74-year-old neighbour said: "My wife and my two girls went up there and were with him until he died, playing him music. He liked Queen and that."

"He had no-one. You can't have someone dying on their own.

"What harm did he ever do to anyone? He was the nicest man you ever met."

Do you have any pictures or information about London terror attacker Khalid Masood - aka Adrian Elms or Adrian Russell Ajao? We pay for your photos and stories! Email us at tips@the-sun.co.uk or call 0207 782 4368 [Both are the names of the murdering POS, born Adrian Elms in Dartford, Kent]

Scotland Yard confirmed the tragic death, saying that two people remain in hospital in a critical condition, one with life-threatening injuries.

Neighbours paid tribute to the retired window cleaner, remembering him as a "lovely man".

Friend Philip Williams said he had known the 75-year-old for more than two decades, saying: "He was a lovely man. He would do anything for anybody."

tac

Posts: 11332 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I rather imagine that our parents and grandparents had similar talks and concerns almost 77 years ago when it seemed Britain was on the abyss. The faces of the responding officers that Rogue and others have posted; they seem to have the same resolve that carried them through back then, no? A tip of the hat to the security and intelligence agencies in the UK that thwarted many plots in recent years.

Posts: 3225 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Dumb question - why are some of the good guys wearing masks?

fear of reprisals from the enemy when you are recognized from photos
Do we do that here?

yes we do.

in the small (~50K) town where I work, the SWAT guys don't what the bad guys knowing who is on the team (which equates to which car has automatic weapons in them, etc)

So yeah, we do that too....

and as an aside, when I was on Active Duty, we sanitized our uniforms too. (no ranks, no last names...we used our first names or nick names-drug dealers don't play games when you're talking 5-10 tons of pure cocaine)

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11294 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:

1. ...Worshipful Company of Gunmakers Guild...

3. ...notice that I have nineteen of the >4.5 million guns myself.

tac

Dangit, you Britons can't own guns, wet yourself at the mere thought of being in the same time zone as one, and you somehow have more guns than I? Say it isn't so!!! (Sarcasm off)

Also, THAT is one excellent name for an organization. Worshipful Company of Gunmakers Guild. Very nice.

I hope the death toll from this senseless act of hatred stops rising.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't agree with "legitimately" in your response--I don't think there is a legitimate reason to freak out just from seeing a gun.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:There's an incredible phobia over there about firearms. People legitimately freak-out over the mere sight of a armed police officer. For a national culture that prides itself on mischief and 'sticking it to their betters' private ownership for the masses would be jumping the shark.

Let's take this set of misguided statements one ate a time, rationally and politely.

1. There is NO national phobia about firearms, if there was, there would not be upwards of 1800 gun clubs, and almost the same number of shooting ranges in the UK. Nor would there be around 2 million lawful shooters,, many thousands of gun stores, and literally dozens of gun-makers. There would be no Worshipful Company of Gunmakers Guild, either, nor would the Royal family patronise the National Rifle Association. So I think you can shut the door on that one.

2. I've never seen ANYBODY freak out at the sight of an armed police officer, and I go to major airports on a monthly basis where you are most likely to see an armed police officer. Thousands upon thousands of people fail to be freaked out either there, or in any of the major London train stations....

3. You've obviously had much better things to do than to read around 4000 of my posts [yes, 4000] out of my 8000+ posts that deal with gun ownership here in UK, even failing to notice that I have nineteen of the >4.5 million guns myself.

Hope this serves to calm you down, Sir.

tac

Based upon my personal observations and interactions with many residents and ex-pats from the UK, their reactions bordered on a 'phobia' when the topic of firearms came up. While you've pointed out private ownership with accompanying ranges is possible, I'll keep that in mind when the next 'discussion' comes up.

Posts: 14663 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:...Here you go:

My first reading of Sowell many years ago involved his definitions, one of which was "Moderate Arabs: Mythical beings to whom State Department officials make sacrificial offerings".

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post