SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Women's world cup 2019
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Women's world cup 2019 Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If they don't represent the USA, then who do they represent? They're not out there for their country and you know it. They are out there for themselves alone, for their own exaltation.

I hope they get stomped

Posts: 107593 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too am pretty wheezy. If you are in a foreign country, on a sports team, representing USA, and do not support the-country that sent you there or publicly disrespect its flag, you have no business on that team. If your teammates or coach support you in your actions, then disband the team. Then form a new team. One that respects the country that they represent.
Wow.... I managed to type that and did not get winded at all!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16091 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I too am pretty wheezy. If you are in a foreign country, on a sports team, representing USA, and do not support the-country that sent you there or publicly disrespect its flag, you have no business on that team. If your teammates or coach support you in your actions, then disband the team. Then form a new team. One that respects the country that they represent.
Wow.... I managed to type that and did not get winded at all!

Agreed.

Why can't sports divorce itself from politics, just play your game, entertain me by winning, and STFU about things you don't know shit about.

I hope the women's soccer team loses, they don't represent my country, they just want to make a "statement". Stupid bitches.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Bottom of the seventh, two outs, none on and Bellfied’s up to bat, he likes puss* and hates America, here’s the pitch . . .

Why throw sexual preference, politics and etc. into a game? It doesn’t fit with the entertainment aspect of whatever sport.

Who cares what self-important player-narcissists like or don’t like - especially when they’re on a national team, representing a pluralistic country.

Shut up and play.

I can only hope that respecting one’s country and sportsmanship return as qualifications for the privilege of playing on a national team.

This women's team doesn't seem to have a clue.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Just who are you rooting for? The USA, or the America-hating girls on the team?

I root for the USA and the team that represents us.

I haven't seen any evidence that the UNWNT is composed of America-hating women. In my view, one person's opinions don't tar the entire team.

Posts: 991 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tejas421:
I haven't seen any evidence that the UNWNT is composed of America-hating women. In my view, one person's opinions don't tar the entire team.

Here’s the latest from the team captain:

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog...rdict-on-trump-white

Mia Hamm or any respectful American would never say this, a not so innocent cop-out. The coaches and U.S. Soccer Organization can certainly prevent Rapinhoe from participating and representing this great country. They’re pussies for not doing so and definitely un-American in my book.

Go Netherlands!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Go Netherlands!

Btw: Sigforum is not the only place I'm seeing this sentiment.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
quote:

Mia Hamm (or any respectful American) would never say this... like I stated earlier, Rapinhoe would only be sporting a black eye. The coaches and U.S. Soccer Organization can certainly prevent Rapinhoe from participating and representing this great country. They’re pussies for not doing so and definitely un-American in my book.

The article says the team will make a joint decision about visiting the White House. I see nothing about hating America. I don't like Rapinoe either, but I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe her opinions represent the other 22 people on the roster. Jill Ellis is paid to win games for the USA; thus far she seems to be doing a pretty good job of it.

Posts: 991 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Bullshit!

The only acceptable answer from somebody in their position is "Of course we'll visit the White House if we're invited." Period. Regardless of who's sitting in the office.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Go Netherlands!

BTW, I see you support the Netherlands over your country, the USA, and yet you disparage the US team because you don't consider Rapinoe patriotic. Isn't your position a bit incongruous?

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Go Netherlands!

BTW, I see you support the Netherlands over your country, the USA, and yet you disparage the US team because you don't consider Rapinoe patriotic. Isn't your position a bit incongruous?

Have you bothered to read the posts in this thread - or even the last 3-4 pages at least?

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mia Hamm (or any respectful American) would never say this... like I stated earlier, Rapinhoe would only be sporting a black eye. The coaches and U.S. Soccer Organization can certainly prevent Rapinhoe from participating and representing this great country. They’re pussies for not doing so and definitely un-American in my book.

The article says the team will make a joint decision about visiting the White House. I see nothing about hating America. I don't like Rapinoe either, but I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe her opinions represent the other 22 people on the roster. Jill Ellis is paid to win games for the USA; thus far she seems to be doing a pretty good job of it.

You evidently didnt read the whole article!! If you are playing with words the words Hate America werent mentioned but the fact that some would vote against going to the White House would suggest they dont respect the USA.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nice try (*)

This isn't a question of patriotism, but one of a group of arrogant people poorly representing my country. Can't support them, so I'll support who I can. That happens to be the Dutch--a people who, unlike the U.S. Women's soccer team, I hold in high regard.

(*) Not really.

pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Go Netherlands!

Not at all, but yours is. Why did the team captain not come out and say yes, if invited to the People’s House we’ll go? Why do the coaches allow a player, one that supposedly represents our country, to kneel during our anthem? Why did U.S. Soccer Org permit such a player on the team AND not enforce respectful consideration for its flag+ anthem from all players?

What if there were 2 players acting exactly like Rapinho, would that be OK? How about 3? What if it was just shy of half the team acting like liberal mouthpieces, saying f-you to a sitting President through the Press; would a simple majority otherwise be OK with you?

Until I see Team USA that has a united respect for this country, I’ll cheer any team that is against them. It can’t just be the country’s initials on the jersey that matters. It’s whether the team represents this country respectfully and they sir, by some of their own actions and voices, do not.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dakor,

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Until I see Team USA that has a united respect for this country, I’ll cheer any team that is against them. It can’t just be the country’s initials on the jersey that matters. It’s whether the team represents this country respectfully and they sir, by some of their own actions and voices, do not.

This is my position, thank you for stating it well.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
quote:

This is my position, thank you for stating it well.

This is my position as well.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Angry Megan is now whining because the Gold Cup and the Copa America have their finals the same day.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/04/...ter-world-cup-final/

Women's World Cup - Network Fox - 11AM EDT

Copa America - ESPN+ - 4PM EDT

Gold Cup Final - Fox Sports1 - 9PM EDT

WTF. No time conflict. Sorry it's in the morning but you're playing 6 time zones away.

As for coverage, Network FOX has the largest potential audience.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to keep harping about and referencing "Miracle". But it just hit me...Herb Brooks would have bounced Mike Eruzione et. al. out on their collective ASSES if any ONE of them had acted like these petulant idiots are acting.

Widdle Megan is upset. Boo-friggin'-HOO! Roll Eyes She's probably one of these moronic "Do you know who I am??" idiots when things don't go her way. Get a life! You kick a friggin' ball around for a "living"...GMAFB!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Someone needs to tell the stupid bitch that it’s a privilege to play for one’s country and to act accordingly, not in some entitled “it’s all about me” way. By staying silent or complicit, that goes for the remainder.

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
This is classic victim-hood. When you think you’re a victim and you’re told you’re a victim, everything that happens is viewed through that lens. What should be an amazing day for US soccer fans is not a slight to the women’s national team. People should be setting up watch parties at their homes and bars for a full day of soccer and cheering. It’s not an insult to them. If they didn’t view everything through the victim lens, they’d be doing promos WITH the men and pumping up the whole profile of US soccer and trying to help their sport.

Instead their leftist BS has a good portion of the country ignoring them and/or flat out rooting against them. Personally I will not be watching the women’s game and am looking forward to watching the men’s game with my family...and it has nothing to do with their genders. By rights, the women’s game is the bigger of the two, but I’m not interested in all this political stuff in my sports.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post