SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Very cool! Thanks for sharing. In your opinion, is the Norteno a worthwhile smoke?

It is an ass-kicker. Very heavy, nothing I would want to smoke on an empty stomach, or have as the first smoke of a multi-smoke day. That said, outside at a campfire, with a strong IPA or bourbon, it is pretty good. Just need to pair it with something powerful enough to match the strength of the stick.

Will be interesting to see if the prototype pans out to be the same thing.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only one way to find out...

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Very cool! Thanks for sharing. In your opinion, is the Norteno a worthwhile smoke?

It is an ass-kicker. Very heavy, nothing I would want to smoke on an empty stomach, or have as the first smoke of a multi-smoke day. That said, outside at a campfire, with a strong IPA or bourbon, it is pretty good. Just need to pair it with something powerful enough to match the strength of the stick.

Will be interesting to see if the prototype pans out to be the same thing.

Sounds absolutely wonderful!

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
It was the du Connoissuer no. 2 Lancero, I got it from smallbatchcigars.com

It was okay above average, good for a small brand.

Gator -

Check your e-mail. I just sent you the e-mail address of the co-founder of Crux. He very much appreciates customer feedback on their sticks, positive or negative.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Dear Mr. Yarchin,

"Incoming!"

Davidoff Colorado Claro
Daviooff Year of the Monkey
Liga Privada Dirty Rat
Tatuaje black label Corona Gorda
Crux Du Connoisseur

Thank you so much for your generosity Brother! They arrived safely and are tucked away in my humidor. I hope to try one on Sunday, weather permitting.

Any suggestion on the first one I should try?

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
<SNIP>
Davidoff Colorado Claro
Daviooff Year of the Monkey
Liga Privada Dirty Rat
Tatuaje black label Corona Gorda
Crux Du Connoisseur

Thank you so much for your generosity Brother! They arrived safely and are tucked away in my humidor. I hope to try one on Sunday, weather permitting.

Any suggestion on the first one I should try?

Hey Jeff,

Very pleased they arrived safe and sound. Those Davidoff's are close to a two hour commitment - smoke the Crux when you can keep up with it, those lanceros tend to need relighting if not tended to. The Tatuaje and Dirty Rat are my two faves. I'd start with the Rat, but know that it is a smoke factory - if there's no wind, it will look like downtown LA within a 3' radius of you!

In fact those look so good, I am going to head out in the next hour or so and have one of those rats. Enjoy!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
The monkey was a fantastic smoke. I'd start with tgat one. Like he said, make sure you have the time and a full stomach, it get mighty strong by the nub that you wont want to put down.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Check out my valentine day present. Its a cigar journal.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is awesome!!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
That would be handy to collect your thoughts in Jay.. I like the idea of it, but I fear I'd be burdened by having to collect the information and then my OCD would kick in if I smoked something and didn't have it to record my thoughts.. I've never seen one organized in that fashion, and I like what I see.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
She got it from Amazon.

posted Hide Post
I think reinforcing my mailbox made the explosion worse! It got blown to smithereens!! Thank you again Ronin, they arrived safe and sound and I am truly humbled by your generosity.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The start of a great night.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
My how this cigar has changed with age. About 2 years on these, it lost alot of initial pepper blast and gained alot of nuts, cocoa and 2nd 3rd is creeping into coffee and cedar. Construction and burn are flawless, draw is good, I punched but might cut the tip in a few minutes too see if smoke production improves.

These were fantastic fresh but waaay better with age. Some heavy spice/pepper has kicked in and a sweetness I cant place a flavor to (annise?) This stick was already in my top ten but it just moved up to my absolute favorite. I have to get another box to age now. Im gonna need a bigger humidor.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
That's a good stick Jay.

Tonight I enjoyed a Davidoff Escuro - this is turning into one of my favorite sticks.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I won a raffle for a J. C. Newman 125th anniversary 100ct humidor from my local store!

Looks like this

http://s42.photobucket.com/use...wmanHumidor.jpg.html

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
The start of a great night.

Oh good, alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

I just don't handle firearms at all after I've had anything to drink. YMMV

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I took the picture before I had a drink....... lighten up francis.

Very nice humidor Lee.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Jay,

Great pic, I figured someone would eventually walk into the room and give you shit about the protection, whatever Roll Eyes

Personally I'm more curious about how your night ended. seeing the bottle of Valentines "lotion" in the back right corner and then reading your post, "the start of a great night"

Hope the evening finished as you had planned! Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Haha i didn't even pay attention to what was in the background. My gf got a bunch of gifts from her students (kindergarteners) and they were just piled up in the background there. It was a good night.