SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested and charged with sex trafficking
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 34

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested and charged with sex trafficking Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
My only regret is that he won't be around when the DOJ issues its report, for me to say to him "I told you so."

But, oh, it'll be just like the Dems with the Mueller Report; the outcome is not what they wish, so they simply refuse to accept it.

The truth is so very boring. It's so much more exciting and interesting to make EVERYTHING into a conspiracy. I do not lack cynicism. Matter of fact, I have cynicism to burn, but compared to some of you guys, I'm the most trusting man in the world. According to some of you, NOTHING you are told by any authority can be believed! What a living Hell that must be, to not be able to sort it out for yourself. All you do is take the opposite position. This requires no real thought. Just, whatever the authorities say, you believe the opposite. And I am the delusional one?? Roll Eyes

Exactly. This the same mentality that dismisses the validity of an election based on that the opposition won. That is a recipe for anarchy. These are all Leftist tactics for the destruction of the republic. Hard as it may be we've got to be more deliberate.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
We question, hell, courts question ... there will be no trial. Not graced with Mr. Epstein's presence anyway. And that's a damn shame.

Posts: 4700 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
You've probably seen this statement from yesterday, but I don't think it's been posted.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr...cE2l4At4qrKF4MjY9Nsc

Statement from Attorney General William P. Barr on the Death of Jeffrey Epstein

Attorney General William P. Barr issued the following statement:

“I was appalled to learn that Jeffrey Epstein was found dead early this morning from an apparent suicide while in federal custody. Mr. Epstein’s death raises serious questions that must be answered. In addition to the FBI’s investigation, I have consulted with the Inspector General who is opening an investigation into the circumstances of Mr. Epstein’s death."

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38677 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
You've probably seen this statement from yesterday, but I don't think it's been posted.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr...cE2l4At4qrKF4MjY9Nsc

Statement from Attorney General William P. Barr on the Death of Jeffrey Epstein

Attorney General William P. Barr issued the following statement:

“I was appalled to learn that Jeffrey Epstein was found dead early this morning from an apparent suicide while in federal custody. Mr. Epstein’s death raises serious questions that must be answered. In addition to the FBI’s investigation, I have consulted with the Inspector General who is opening an investigation into the circumstances of Mr. Epstein’s death."

I posted it at the very top of this page and only the third post before your post. How can you think it hasn't been posted? ... nevermind

Posts: 4700 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Report This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Bill Clinton is breathing a sigh of relief.

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
Bill Clinton is breathing a sigh of relief.

He shouldn't be.... I've heard a few reports that the DOJ and Law Enforcement are continuing to investigate anyone who may have been at his house, in his aircraft, or at his island location having sex with juveniles.

In fact, he should be more nervous as now they need a new focal point.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
It will be an interesting ride, but I still believe we will learn who signed the guest book here:
18°17'53.5"N 64°49'41.5"W

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Ah yes, thanks, Hobbs.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38677 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Overworked and understaffed guards is the answer to how and why this happened. Link: https://www.apnews.com/. While this is not definitive, it makes sense.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Report This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
No video...as it isn't allowed in cells other than "observation" cells.

The states and BOP have very similar processes in place that have 15 to 30 minute rounds. Inmates that sit outside the cell and do suicide watch. Video monitoring, etc. Usually a Warden or Administrator can override the medical professional's decision.

the special housing unit he was in allowed his cellmate to move out (bad idea). Both officers were working overtime. One volunteer and one forced. They didn't do the 30 minute rounds. No idea what the span was between rounds but it only takes 10 minutes without air to get the job done.

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
From NBC News correspondent. Autopsy report/cause of death was expected this afternoon:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
Overworked and understaffed guards is the answer to how and why this happened. Link: https://www.apnews.com/. While this is not definitive, it makes sense.

What's the reasoned philosophical position called, Occam's Razor...? The simplest answer, is usually the right answer....

This fell a part because of the weakest link in the chain. The Manhattan location where Epstein was held, likely overseen by a mid-level functionary, who answers to a bewildering politicized bureaucracy, supervising a collection of guards that barely earn enough to live within the 5-borough area. Surrounding it all, was a Federal attorney's office who was getting their ducks lined-up for a big splash criminal case, a news & entertainment media that was fully intent on driving their own narratives, a political culture that was focused on how to connect their opposition to Epstein and a public opinion climate that was getting their popcorn ready.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:

What's the reasoned philosophical position called, Occam's Razor...? The simplest answer, is usually the right answer....

This fell a part because of the weakest link in the chain. The Manhattan location where Epstein was held, likely overseen by a mid-level functionary, who answers to a bewildering politicized bureaucracy, supervising a collection of guards that barely earn enough to live within the 5-borough area. Surrounding it all, was a Federal attorney's office who was getting their ducks lined-up for a big splash criminal case, a news & entertainment media that was fully intent on driving their own narratives, a political culture that was focused on how to connect their opposition to Epstein and a public opinion climate that was getting their popcorn ready.

Well, if we believe an "anonymous person familiar with the jail’s operations", the simplest answer might be the right one ... or it might be the one someone wants us to hear ... and believe. When all else fails, blame the guy punching a clock. Hope what went on and what went wrong comes out in the wash. Also awaiting the medical examiner's report. The circus must go on. At this point, ruling out anything ... including a conspiracy, is speculation.

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Will the medical examiner(s) report(s) be sufficient to put the conspiracy theories CoD to rest?

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Will the medical examiner(s) report(s) be sufficient to put the conspiracy theories CoD to rest?

Not completely. As per Attorney General William Barr (who sounded more than a little skeptical) ... Awaiting the FBI investigation results as well as the Inspector General's report ... and the medical examiner. Let's wait and put those 3 reports together.

Day and night 24x7, virtually every person on this planet (don't have the numbers) ... conspires. That nothing was conspired by anyone whomsoever or whatsoever concerning any aspect of Mr Epstein during either his life in jail or death in jail, or facts the public will know, is kind of a reach ... maybe.

Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Epstein was undoubtably the most high value prisoner they had. There is no way a VIP, of any type, isn’t going to get closely watched or get handled with anything but kid gloves.
Put yourself, in charge of the prison. Are you going to not check on his treatment? Will you not put more/best people on duty?

The military has a saying “Incompetence is not a courts martial offense.” This seems to be the alibi that’s being tried. Overworked guards, tired, forced overtime, not following protocol... Bullshit.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Everybody's an expert on prisons now.

Y'know, this forum could solve all the problems of the world, have all the answers to all the difficult questions, as long as those questions are phrased in the forum of a conspiracy.
Once we identify a conspiracy, we freakin' know everything, see everything, can explain everything, point out all the mistakes and shortcomings of everyone, including the Federal BOP.

Ya just gotta convince us that there is a conspiracy involved, 'cause that's when we shine. C'mon, let's save the world.

Posts: 107593 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Without the official coroner's report, using 'inside sources', the media has declared his death a suicide and of course everyone just goes along with what they're told.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
“Overworked guards, tired, forced overtime”

So you say, well then, it is fully understandable. Roll Eyes

I truly hope they come up with something better.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post