SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested and charged with sex trafficking
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 34

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested and charged with sex trafficking Login/Join 
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Get in there Netflix and get those videos.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Report This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
So if Epstein was taken off of suicide watch, does this also mean there would not be a video recording of his cell when he committed suicide?

Does anyone have inside knowledge as to how widespread video cameras are used in prisons.

Guess I just assumed there would be cameras everywhere, but not hearing mention of it, starting to think my assumption may have been wrong.

Would there be a video camera in Joaquin “El Chapo’’ Guzman‘s cell now, as he is a high profile prisoner being in a similar position as Epstein was.

Now, my experience is solely in the county level custodial facilities in California, which operate under a different set of rules than state prisons. And different than federal detention facilities. But, I suspect there is a lot of overlap.

That being said, here, cameras are not allowed to have views inside an inmate's sleeping area, meaning their cell. The exception to that here is if it is a safety cell or sobering cell. Sobering cell is pretty self explanatory. But what is a safety cell? It is a cell that is designed for and only used for the containment of someone who fits one of the following conditions:
- The person is an immediate suicide risk
- The person is an immediate safety risk to other inmates or staff (read: actively "assaultive"/violent)
- The person is actively destroying facility property/building

Outside of those two cells there are no cameras that have any sort of view into a inmates sleeping quarters.

Again, that is at county correctional facilities in CA but I suspect it is pretty standard.

quote:
Originally posted by jprebb:
I read that he was on suicide watch and that he was taken off. Is this normal?

JP

"suicide watch" is not something that is continued forever.

As in my above post, I'll give some context from my experience, local correctional facilities in CA.

If we place someone in a safety cell because they've made suicidal statements, or gestures (or whatever reason they've been placed in that level of confinement) they are checked on no less than twice every 30 minutes, directly, by staff. Directly meaning staff must go and look through the window and interact with the inmate. This interaction is then logged. Every time.

Custody supervisors do checks no less than every four hours. Medical staff do assessments every 6 hours. Mental health professionals are notified every 12 of the status of the inmate and do a daily evaluation to determine if they are a continued risk or if they can be cleared and returned to general housing.

How that looks specifically (again, here only as policies vary somewhat) is every morning a mental health professional (often a LCSW or a mental health RN) and the shift supervisor will talk to the inmate and determine whether they are still at immediate risk or otherwise displaying the issues that got them placed there in the first place. The mental health professional makes a recommendation to the shift supervisor who makes the ultimate decision on whether the person comes out of that cell or not.

Once they are out of that cell they return to a normal housing cell based upon their classification.

So yes, people go off and on "suicide watch" on a daily basis. In our facility it is by far most common for people to be in that safety cell for less than 24 hours. They predominately get cleared out at the first evaluation. In maybe 20% of the cases they are deemed to be still at risk and retained. Very seldom is it more than 3 days.

I'm sure there has got to be someone who is Federal BOP who could weigh in their specific regulations and policies though.

Posts: 6364 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Report This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
@thumperfbc

Thanks for the insight from someone who deals with this on a daily basis. It’s much better to read than all the speculation and Wikipedia crap.

Smile

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Today’s form of entertainment has been watching the “Sunday morning” shows and listening to politicians who barely know who Epstein is, try to sound more outraged than the last guy.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
We are now officially a Banana Republic.

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And just how do you figure that? Because a prisoner committed suicide in custody? Explain this to me, please.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If you're not prepared to defend statements you make in this forum, perhaps you shouldn't be making them.

My country is not a Goddamned banana republic, and your bar for making such a claim is ridiculously low.

No more cole slaw at Chik-Fil-A? We're now officially a banana republic.

Firefly lasted only one season? We're now officially a banana republic.

No more Banana Republic store at the local mall? We're now officially a banana republic.

John has a
long moustashe
Picture of john1
posted Hide Post
Regarding cameras in detention facilities-one of the requirements to be compliant under the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) is the elimination of camera "blind areas". This excludes inmate cells, but should have views of the doors into the housing unit cells.

As far as taking an inmate off of suicide watch-in my experience it was done by a mental health provider (pysch doc) and not custoial staff. I called it "liability tag" and and so "tag you're it, Doc" should anything happen.

Have there been any reports of how many suicides occur at MCC annually? There's an "In Custody Death" report that has to be filled out annually for the DOJ by all detention facilities.

Posts: 593 | Location: Rural NW Oklahoma | Registered: June 16, 2003Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Para, I don't know how you are able to run this board with all the things that happen. Thanks for what you do.

I stopped posting here about a year ago due to all the stupid and some people talking to themselves. It become nerve racking and I think we will look back and find the internet caused some kind of disease. Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
And just how do you figure that? Because a prisoner committed suicide in custody? Explain this to me, please.

Because he very likely didn’t commit suicide.

Everybody fuckin knows it.

I havent read everything you’ve written in this thread, & don’t really care.

A person must be really in denial to believe this was suicide.

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
His “suicide” would sure as hell help a lot of powerful people get out of pedo allegations, eh?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You don't know jack shit. You're guessing and that is all you are doing.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maximus_flavius:
Then, man, pack up your shit and get the fuck off of my board. Let me know if you need help finding the door, halfwit.

You come in here, making stupid statements, then claim that "Everybody" knows he was murdered.

I strive to make sure that the content of this board is truthful and accurate. There's room, of course, for opinion, but when you call the greatest nation that has ever existed a banana republic, you're simply talking out of your ass. Freakin' ridiculous.

You want to believe that Epstein was murdered? Go ahead and wallow in your fucking conspiracy fantasy, genius. Enjoy.

ZERO evidence. You have NO evidence which indicates the man did not commit suicide, but, oh, EVERYBODY knows it. What a brilliant fucking argument.

quote:
His “suicide” would sure as hell help a lot of powerful people get out of pedo allegations, eh?
Yeah, because that was what Epstein was about, huh? Sacrifice, and doing the noble thing. Right? Are you fucking processing any of this shit before it dribbles from your cake hole, or is it just straight from cerebellum to keyboard?

Epstein committed suicide for the same selfish reasons he did the things which lead him to his demise. He killed himself to escape his fate and he did it only for himself. But, oh, that's so boring, isn't it? Yeah, vast conspiracies are so much more interesting than the banal truth.

Yeah, Epstein was all about selflesness and caring for others. That's why he ran an enterprise that enslaved minors. I'm certain that when he was banging some 13 year old girl, it was because of his deep compassion for humanity.

You're banned, and I have to tell you- I am glad to be shed of you. It seems like everytime I see your username, you're making some ridiculous claim.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:

You are extraordinarily rude to your host and the owner of this forum. When you joined here, you essentially accepted an invitation into a man's home for a gathering. Now you've cursed at him and insulted him. You have also shown that you don't know how state your opinion without being an outright ass.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
When you joined here, you essentially accepted an invitation into a man's home for a gathering.
Very true, and this is something that we should all keep in mind. I have put my foot in my mouth more than once, thank you for the reminder.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Thank you Para. I had already put that troll on my ignore list because of his ignorant posts.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Because he very likely didn’t commit suicide.

Everybody fuckin knows it.

I don't usually address directly someone who cannot respond, but many, many times what seems obvious circumstantially is not truth. This is why we have trials. I have suffered greatly by the hand of those with a hunch based on circumstantial observations. They were convinced there could be no other explanation and so imposed their punishment. All that happened was an innocent man was persecuted by the ignorance of others.

I know what this looks like. But a civil society cannot adopt the attitude of the Left and just draw conclusions based on rumor etc. Do that and we have mob rule. All that is left for a genocidal culture is to accept collective condemnation/guilt by association. These are two dyed in the wool characteristics of Leftism. We don't want that in our culture and certainly not on this board, if I may speak for Parabellum.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
My only regret is that he won't be around when the DOJ issues its report, for me to say to him "I told you so."

But, oh, it'll be just like the Dems with the Mueller Report; the outcome is not what they wish, so they simply refuse to accept it.

The truth is so very boring. It's so much more exciting and interesting to make EVERYTHING into a conspiracy. I do not lack cynicism. Matter of fact, I have cynicism to burn, but compared to some of you guys, I'm the most trusting man in the world. According to some of you, NOTHING you are told by any authority can be believed! What a living Hell that must be, to not be able to sort it out for yourself. All you do is take the opposite position. This requires no real thought. Just, whatever the authorities say, you believe the opposite. And I am the delusional one?? Roll Eyes

posted Hide Post
DOJ reports are interesting, and can be quite political. Take for instance the DOJ report on the Michael Brown shooting in Ferguson, good report and spot on justified shooting, but what does the DOJ do right after that? They publish a report on the Ferguson Police Department, generally, and it is a complete hack job, and that is the report that everyone seemed to read. (FYI, I read both, cover to cover)

So, the question is, what will the DOJ do with this case?

And, when you receive a 200 page transcript from the DOJ and here and their there are lines after a name that state "unintelligible" that at trial turn into 20 new pages per each, well, count me as one that does not trust the DOJ....

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Report This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Southflorida-law:
So, the question is, what will the DOJ do with this case?

And I can not fathom why there was not (if there wasn't) and under the circumstances, video security surveillance on his cell.

quote:
US Attorney General William Barr said he was “appalled” by the apparent suicide at the ultra-secure lockup, which has held some of the world’s worst terrorists and drug lords. Suicides there are nearly unheard of.

“I was appalled to learn that Jeffrey ­Epstein was found dead early this morning from an apparent suicide while in federal custody,” Barr said in a statement.

“Mr. Epstein’s death raises serious questions that must be answered. In addition to the FBI’s investigation, I have consulted with the inspector general, who is opening an investigation into the circumstances of Mr. Epstein’s death,” Barr said.

https://nypost.com/2019/08/10/...jeffrey-epstein-die/

Posts: 4699 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Report This Post