SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested and charged with sex trafficking
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 34

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested and charged with sex trafficking Login/Join 
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
One thing is for certain, with he FBI on the case we will never know the truth.

Sadly, this is probably true. A few years ago I would have scoffed at the premise. The Obama administration corrupted the FBI and DOJ and it will take a long time before I can trust either organization again.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
I'm not saying he didn't do it, but I'm looking for a motive to do it, even if he was going to spend the rest of his days in jail taking as many people with him as he could sounds just like the sort of thing the dying gasp of a power broker would be.
Good grief, cut it out. You're looking for the reasons he may have killed himself? Just stop it.

This is ridiculous

Posts: 107591 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
One thing is certain, being acquainted with the Clintons seems to be a high risk factor for shortened life expectancy. It isn't like wing suit flying, but it's uncannily high. I wonder if any life insurance actuarial tables now include this as a red flag.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
This is not all that unusual.

https://www.npr.org/2015/07/27...y-of-suicide-in-jail

https://www.themarshallproject...uicides-than-prisons

Posts: 9513 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well it should be clear by now that the Russians did it in collusion with POTUS.

.....he says, tongue in cheek...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is not all that unusual

He was NOT in a county jail. The facility was under the FEDERAL BOP.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
people who are rich and powerful have a lot to lose than those less fortunately, and I imagine that makes them less accepting to a bleak future with drastic change in lifestyle, thus more likely to want to end it all, that's my guess...

Posts: 10833 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:

Well it should be clear by now that the Russians did it in collusion with POTUS.

.....he says, tongue in cheek...

MSNBC host Joe Scarborough balks at Jeffrey Epstein death: 'How predictably...Russian'

Tongue is cheek?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
I'm not saying he didn't do it, but I'm looking for a motive to do it, even if he was going to spend the rest of his days in jail taking as many people with him as he could sounds just like the sort of thing the dying gasp of a power broker would be.
Good grief, cut it out. You're looking for the reasons he may have killed himself? Just stop it.

This is ridiculous

I just want you to tell me that if you were in his shoes you'd have followed the same course of action that he did.

Again, I'm not saying he was murdered nor do I think this will ultimately change the course of how anything else goes. I'm just casting doubt on the situation and await how the investigation progresses.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You're about to really piss me off with this nonsense. Fair warning.

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
How many warnings does ^^^^^^^ have to give?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I mean really. If you want the instant analysis watch Clown News Network or the like. So many amateur psycholgists here. Wait for Dr. Phil.{He probably knew the guy} LOL

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Southflorida-law:
The criminal case is over. So is the "story". A man of his wealth, I would speculate, that after his last brush with the law he had his attorneys spend quite a bit of time protecting his assets from liability, criminal and civil. Either way, point is, any civil litigation is against those assets the victims can reach, in his estate. Not much of a news story their either.

They'll have to make the case in order to reach those assets. If they make the case, then legal arrangements will only afford so much protection. Even then, many legal protections are personal to, in this case, the guy who's dead and therefore is in no position to claim a lot of legal protection. If they can't reach those assets, then the logical next step is to go after the assets of anyone else involved.

Where there's money, there's often a way. Where there's a way, the facts will often come out. IOW, I don't think the story's necessarily dead yet.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:

I apologize. I was just having fun with the outrageous possibility anyone could be imbecilic enough to make a Russian conspiracy out of it. Then.......Scarborough. lolol This is clearly why we need to put a lid on speculation and conspiracy. It just gets hysterical. Except for the FBI involvement, I trust the truth will emerge eventually. The fun should be in spectatorship.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:
I apologize.
Thank you but there's no need. My remark was directed at FenderBender.

Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with some opinions above, the suicide was Epstein's doing. However why he was not on suicide watch is extremely suspicious. What is protocol with this type of prisoner, with his history?

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Report This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
The FBI will reach has already determined whatever conclusion that they wish to reach

FIFY

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Karma.