SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are we about to get into a nuclear war with N.Korea?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are we about to get into a nuclear war with N.Korea? Login/Join 
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:

Maybe true, but how many rounds can they get off in the 20 minute flight time of one of our ICBMs? As I recall, they carry ten MIRVs.

We would NEVER pre-emptively nuke North Korea. All that fallout would follow prevailing wind patterns, and drift in a general easterly direction; right over parts of South Korea and Japan.

We're not going to nuke them, unless they use nukes first. No way. But we have a huge arsenal of conventional weapons getting ready to completely bomb them into oblivion. Think Dresden but with much more precision.

If that little fat shit steps too far, we will use MOABs to bust his tunnels and flatten every damn industrial facility in the country.

He had better rely on what little logic he might have learned in Switzerland and wake the F up.

He is on very thin ice. Pence I am sure briefed the South Koreans, and now the Game is On.

F that little tin-pot asshole. Its time to put him out of business. I hope we can do it without killing a lot of innocents, but one way or the other it has to be done. We can not let him develop nuke ICBMs.

All of his subs are diesel and we know exactly where they are. If we get to business, every single sub will be GONE within the first two hours. We have come a long way since Desert Storm and KJU really does not know who he is messing with.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
But he has his own 'trump card' (no pun intended) with his artillery dialed in on Seoul.

ANY major ops we undertake against North Korea risks the total destruction of Seoul. . .

And everybody knows it.

There is no doubt that we would 'win' any conventional war with the NorKs. But, at what cost (referencing "Pyrrhic Victor" in dictionary)?

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
The thing about their arty aimed at Seoul is that many of these sites are "hidden" - in so much as we don't know where they are physically.

However, after a round is launched, we "know" and and can take each site out fairly effectively.

While Seoul is at risk, it might not be as bad as many presume. We will return fire effectively, accurately and smash the their arty fairly swiftly.

Anything further is left to the strategy at hand.

And, I do think little kimbo wants to stay alive ... despite his scrambled eggs for brains. He is all hat and one cow. I think the biggest danger is if they were to place a nuke on a ship and send it to a US port.

The appeasement policies of the past are biting us in the ass - hard. We (US, Japan, and SoKo) gave them (2?) light water reactors which can make plutonium some decades ago.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
But he has his own 'trump card' (no pun intended) with his artillery dialed in on Seoul.

ANY major ops we undertake against North Korea risks the total destruction of Seoul. . .

And everybody knows it.

There is no doubt that we would 'win' any conventional war with the NorKs. But, at what cost (referencing "Pyrrhic Victor" in dictionary)?

I wonder if we do not know where every artillery installation is and if we might hit every one of them first with Tomahawks. I am sure that would be a priority.

posted Hide Post
Maybe they should have kept the capital in Busan. Even then, losing their biggest metropolis in a war with NK would still be completely unacceptable.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Remember all the hand-wringing about how big Saddam's army was, before Desert Storm? Remember the press talking about how many Americans would die in that confrontation? We flattened that entire army in short order with a handful of casualties. And that was over 25 years ago.

We have developed some amazing capabilities since that war. We might see some things that would amaze us.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Last night, I heard some leftist talking head yammering about this being a new "Cuban Missile Crisis".

Puh-leeze. You wish, commie.

Also, I'd like to point out that JFK was a Democrat. Roll Eyes

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Also the Chinese will be right in there with us. If we move, China will not want to lose their influence during the regime change. Similar to Russia in WW2. If we move, China will help knock out KJU, and they will want to be a player in the reconstruction. They will not want a western united Korea on their border. So, they will be forced to come to the table and help out.

Big League!

And Trump will not hand anything to the Chinese without a good deal in return. He will not give away the store.

It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Last night, I heard some leftist talking head yammering about this being a new "Cuban Missile Crisis".

Puh-leeze. You wish, commie.

Also, I'd like to point out that JFK was a Democrat. Roll Eyes

What a joke. Comparing KJU and his crap missile technology to the Russians is ridiculous. We just hacked his latest launch and blew it up a few feet from the pad. And that was just a hint of what we are now capable of.

We have that little bastard's number.

Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
It's not the US that really has to worry right now. It's the South Koreans, and to a lesser extent the Japanese. Pudgy could do a lot of damage before we take him down.

This is not an easy problem to solve. It would be much better if China got serious about it. They are really the only ones that could bring about a positive outcome without massive destruction.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
It's not the US that really has to worry right now. It's the South Koreans, and to a lesser extent the Japanese. Pudgy could do a lot of damage before we take him down.

This is not an easy problem to solve. It would be much better if China got serious about it. They are really the only ones that could bring about a positive outcome without massive destruction.

I'm not sure about that. If the first surprise attack wave focuses on precision attacks on NK artillery and also taking out every single one of their diesel subs, it might not be as bad as you think. We have some weapons that have never been used ...yet.

Think about it. If we know where the artillery installations are (and we do) and if we launch 300-400 tomahawks at once and take them out, imagine the confusion on the ground. And then imagine every single diesel sub knocked out at the same time.

And the chain of command knocked out in the tunnels with MOABs at the same time.

Total confusion and loss of command would be the result.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
For more perspective, do a net search with the terms " north korea EMP ".

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
quote:

I'm not sure about that. If the first surprise attack wave focuses on precision attacks on NK artillery and also taking out every single one of their diesel subs, it might not be as bad as you think. We have some weapons that have never been used ...yet.

I'd ask the South Koreans how they feel about us starting a massive hot war on their neighbor. If they're OK with the risk, then sure, go ahead. My guess is that they might not be satisfied with a "Don't worry - we're going to take out every one of their offensive weapons on the first go-around." The risk/reward calculation is a little different if you live in Seoul.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
quote:

I'd ask the South Koreans how they feel about us starting a massive hot war on their neighbor. If they're OK with the risk, then sure, go ahead. My guess is that they might not be satisfied with a "Don't worry - we're going to take out every one of their offensive weapons on the first go-around." The risk/reward calculation is a little different if you live in Seoul.

I agree. I wonder what Pence was discussing with the South Koreans. If KJU can be convinced this is the real deal, might he finally give up his nukes? That way he could continue to starve his population and drink fine wine.

We dont give a damn what he does, as long as the nuke threat is gone.

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
We need to give SOUKOR our THAD system.

SOUKOR then needs to launch at every missile "test" leaving NORKOR and when the NORKOR missile is interceped blame it on airspace use conflicts saying "We had no idea your missile test conflicted with ours. Tell us next time."

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
How about we just preemptively M.O.A.B. the shit out of everything from the DMZ north to the outer limit of Seoul artillery range? Neuter that little Pug.....

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
For more perspective, do a net search with the terms " north korea EMP ".

Yes, perspective indeed.

No, North korea can't kill 90% of Americans

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
How about we just preemptively M.O.A.B. the shit out of everything from the DMZ north to the outer limit of Seoul artillery range? Neuter that little Pug.....

a) MOABs are dropped by fat, slow C-130s.
B) NorKs have radar.
c) NorKs have fighter interceptors ans SAMs.
d) Nobody will risk C-130s without FIRST sending in huge SEAD strikes.
e) This would negate any surprise we would hope for.
f) NorKs would level Seoul when they see our SEAD strikes coming in (WAY before the first MOAB fell) . . .
g) Pyrrhic victory.

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Either way, South Koreans now find themselves at the mercy of two self obsessed asshats. China will probably shut it down (here is to hoping), and we will still remain with two idiotic leaders that want to act like toddlers. I think we know we can't do anything to risk Seoul being erased from the map, and Nork knows that.

Posts: 2170 | Location: Atlanta  | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by modestglock26:
Either way, South Koreans now find themselves at the mercy of two self obsessed asshats. China will probably shut it down (here is to hoping), and we will still remain with two idiotic leaders that want to act like toddlers. I think we know we can't do anything to risk Seoul being erased from the map, and Nork knows that.

I figutlred out that Kim Jong Un is one of your ' two idiotic leaders.'

Who's the other one?