SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rush Limbaugh- Lung Cancer
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rush Limbaugh- Lung Cancer Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I was in the College Republicans from 83-87 and was interested in politics even during high school before then. I remember reading news magazines and newspaper articles and noticing the blatant bias - things they never said about Jimmy Carter they smeared Reagan daily and NO ONE talked about it, there was no alternative. In late 1989 a co-worker told me about a new radio program that had just debuted in Birmingham, AL. I went to his desk and listened and couldn't believe it - someone was actually talking about the biased media, liberal hypocrisy and how conservatism was the answer to the problems in the country. I was hooked. I listened for many years whenever work permitted and often I had a space where I could play it in the background. I can't even calculate the influence that radio show had on my thinking and my political life. I know many don't like him, call him a blowhard, etc. - but he was the first national personality who called a spade a spade and exposed the liberal hypocrisy for what it is. I hope and pray for the best for him.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I don't wish that on anyone.

Remarkably hollow. Are you worried some may think you would wish otherwise?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
We all have our differences.

But, I think we are all on the same page on Rush. I hope he pulls through on this. I think he can beat this. Don’t doubt me on this. Wink

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Just damn,love his looking out for us.
I wish him the best for a speedy recovery.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Have also listened to Rush for many years but did not catch his show or announcement today. Prayers offer for his treatment and healing.

Maybe a bit selfish of me given how long he has been doing this, but America still needs his voice of conservatism and his exposing the liberal/progressive tactics and agenda to all that will listen to reason and facts.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
This country needs Rush. I am praying for his recovery.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Dam I hated to hear this, America needs him.
He will be in my prayers.

Posts: 1955 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
One of my heroes. Been a listener since 1993. Love the man for all he has taught me. God bless and heal him.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:

That's uncalled for. Why would you go out of your way to derail this thread or make such a demeaning comment on someone who is expressing how he feels about the situation in a different manner as you?

Maybe you hate the guy, but go hate him in another thread.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5398 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I too heard his announcement. A sad day for our republic. I too pray that he beats the shit out of cancer and remains with us and on the air for a long time. We need his clear insightful thoughts and reasoning.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Prayers for Rush hoping he beats this. A conservative icon no doubt. I can remember when I first heard him in 1990 thinking this guy is saying on radio just how I am thinking.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
I still remember his spoof on spatula city
His humor is contagious
His fingerprints are on a lot of people’s lives
I believe he is addicted to the truth
Whatever happens, he will be at peace

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1308 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We sent Rush a card to this address:

The Rush Limbaugh Show
125 West 55th Street
10th Floor
New York, NY 10019

Silent

Posts: 1026 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
This country needs Rush. I am praying for his recovery.

This!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:

Not cool Ripley. Why not quote jhe888 completely. Would not suit your narrative unless you took it out of context.

jhe888 says:
I don't wish that on anyone. Best to him.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:

That's uncalled for...Maybe you hate the guy, but go hate him in another thread.

Sorry you feel that way, assuming my motives would also be uncalled for.

"I don't wish that on anyone."

I take that as disingenuous virtue signaling, best left unsaid altogether.

Rush has said radio is the most personal of media and, as such, I'm taking this news very personally. It's hit me like a punch to the gut.

We all know there is epic ugliness coming from the left, it's out there already and best to avoid. So yeah, empty platitudes seem self serving and I don't like them, guilty as charged.

**edit** "Best to him." More of the same.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
One of my heroes. Been a listener since 1993. Love the man for all he has taught me. God bless and heal him.

Same here but been a listener since 1992. I’ve learned so much about politics (and many other things) from him I don’t even know where to start.

He is an icon.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
He tamed addiction and almost going deaf. He can beat this. Get the best care and don't stop fighting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5908 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I was listening to WHP 580 AM radio from Harrisburg PA the day Rush came on Nationally. Some of his spoof advertising (Dauphin Free Tuna. Spatula City, and a few others) were done by a friend of mine who was a DJ on a Lancaster station.

I have spoken with Rush several times, once for almost an hour off the air and pray that, for us and himself, that he is with us for a long time.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I have lost friends and family to cancer. I would hate to lose Rush to it as well.

When the hell are they going to cure this shit. It takes far too many, far too early.

Rush: "Fight this thing. We need you. Heaven can wait its proper turn."

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post