SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Time for a mutiny in these over reaching states?
Page 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 46
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time for a mutiny in these over reaching states? Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
its getting really close to the time when it might be required to round up all these little Hitlers and take them camping for the weekend

Posts: 53180 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Medical adviser Dr. Scott Atlas urges Mich. residents to ‘rise up’ against governor’s COVID orders

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 10:02 AM PT – Monday, November 16, 2020

As Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) imposes renewed coronavirus restrictions on schools and some small businesses, many are saying “enough is enough.”

In a tweet Sunday, Dr. Scott Atlas, a medical adviser to President Trump, responded to Whitmer’s latest coronavirus orders by stating “the only way this stops is if people rise up.” His comment came in response to Whitmer’s latest round of restrictions.

The only way this stops is if people rise up. You get what you accept. #FreedomMatters #StepUp https://t.co/8QKBszgKTM

— Scott W. Atlas (@ScottWAtlas) November 15, 2020

The Democrat governor has ordered high schools and college campuses to suspend in-person learning. Additionally, she has called for restaurants to stop indoor dining and has banned non-pro organized sports.

“Public health experts are warning Americans everywhere to limit our indoor gatherings, so that we can save lives,” Whitmer stated. “This new epidemic order is geared towards stopping the spread by limiting indoor gatherings.”

Many attacked Dr. Atlas for his Twitter comment and accused him of promoting violence, while citing a recent threat from a Michigan militia group planning to kidnap and harm the governor..

In a later tweet, however, Atlas reiterated he was never talking about violence. The medical adivser clarified he meant voting and peaceful protests as a way to “rise up.”

Hey. I NEVER was talking at all about violence. People vote, people peacefully protest. NEVER would I endorse or incite violence. NEVER!! https://t.co/LljvwMvjDV

— Scott W. Atlas (@ScottWAtlas) November 16, 2020

Despite public outrage, Whitmer’s new orders will go into effect Wednesday and will last for at least three weeks.

LINK

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3924 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Philadelphia second lockdown, no work in offices, no parties...

https://www.thestreet.com/inve...sets-second-lockdown

Philadelphia Sets Second Lockdown, Bars In-Office Work, Holiday Parties
Philadelphia will enter another lockdown, from Friday through Jan. 1, as it seeks to deal with a vicious second wave of the coronavirus pandemic.
DAN WEIL11 MINUTES AGO

Philadelphia will enter another lockdown, set to begin on Friday and run through Jan. 1, as the city seeks to deal with a vicious second wave of the coronavirus pandemic.

Philly thus becomes the first major U.S. city to impose a second lockdown.

“There’s no doubt these changes are necessary,” said Mayor Jim Kenney, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Office workers will have to stay home, indoor restaurant dining will cease and gymnasiums and museums will shutter.

The shutdown also stipulates restrictions on outdoor get-togethers and forbids indoor gatherings altogether, except for household members. That puts the kibosh on holiday celebrations, except for those among housemates.

No fans will be allowed at the National Football League's Eagles games, after a few thousand had been admitted to each of three games from Oct. 18 through Nov. 1.

Philadelphia’s new covid cases averaged more than 650 a day in the week ended Saturday, Health Commissioner Thomas Farley said, according to the Inquirer.

That’s the highest weekly average since the pandemic began in March. Covid-related hospitalizations more than doubled in the past 11 days, the paper reported.

The news came on the same day that on the coronavirus-vaccine front, Moderna (MRNA) - Get Report said its vaccine candidate in a late-stage study had an efficacy rate of 94.5%. That tops the 90% rate Pfizer (PFE) - Get Report last week reported for its vaccine..

Moderna said it could have 20 million doses available for the U.S. market this year, as well as a total supply of 500 million to 1 billion doses worldwide next year.

Moderna also said that its product could last as long as six months when stored at standard freezer temperatures of minus 4 degrees Fahrenheit, compared with the minus-94 degree temperature required for the Pfizer vaccine.

Moderna recently traded at $99.05, up 11%. The stock has quintupled year to date. Pfizer shares were off 3.6% at $37.24.

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
“There’s no doubt these changes are necessary,” said Mayor Jim Kenney, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Actually, you dickhead, there's quite a bit of doubt. Quite a bit indeed.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
Michigan just got more time in the Hole.

I think it's time for all us essential expendable workers to just stay home and say screw it.

Time in the hole. I like that analogy as that is what I'm feeling like right now.

Might use that term in the future.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring (D) boasted Thursday about restricting a Fairfax County gun show, citing Coronavirus concerns and tweeting that “selling guns is just not worth it.”

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...s-just-not-worth-it/

WTOP reported that organizers of the Nation’s Gun Show sought an injunction against Virginia Coronavirus restrictions that would cap show attendance at 250 at one time. The show organizers expected to draw up to 25,000 attendees throughout the weekend of November 20-22.

But Herring argued for the restrictions, claiming the show organizers are “brazenly misinformed” regarding the danger posed by the virus.

Herring used a brief to contend, “The ongoing pandemic has infected more than 200,000 Virginians since March and has killed nearly 4,000 — more than four times the number of automobile fatalities that occurred in all of 2019.”

Virginia Business reports that Fairfax Circuit Court Judge Brett A. Kassabian sided with Herring, rejecting the call for an injunction to block the restrictions.

Mark Herring
@MarkHerringVA

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Walz in Minnesota just shut down bars and restaurants again to takeout only for the second time. I personally know three people in the business. All three are about ready to throw in the towel. They can't survive this way. This comes after a week or so after his announcement that bars must close at 10pm. No one can be seated at the bar everyone must be seated at a table. No games that require standing such as pool or darts. No dancing and no loud music that requires you to speak loudly to be heard. Nonsensical does not even begin to describe it.

He knew he was going back to takeout only when he made the first announcement. He wanted his second chance in the spotlight, in front of the camera for a second time to make his proclamation. The guy is seriously self absorbed. And of course this is subject to extension.

People as a whole must begin to understand this is not going to end. There are not enough masks you can wear or enough sanitizer you can use or enough social distancing you can practice to where you are going to reach that carrot on a stick with the false promise of normalcy attached to it.

If Biden is successful in his fraud we will bleed from local lock downs right into a national lock down. Then the next wave of lock downs after the covid schtick is wore out will be in the name of the environment coming to you via the Green New Deal. How far you can drive and how often. How long you can run you're air conditioning, you're furnace for heat. Lights out at 9pm. Yes sir, it's a brave new world.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve never been too much of a conspiracy theory kind a guy, not too much for the tinfoil helmet, but this time the phrase “New World Order” kinda scares me.
This bug-eyed bitch is dumb enough to say it-

https://twitter.com/stillgray/.../1328975282544381960

Someone please copy this before it gets taken down.

Looks like 1984 was a “how to” manual.

She realizes that the police aren’t enforcing the “orders” given by Fat Man and Little Boy. Looks like someone else needs to do the dirty work.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Watched the video. Horrifying.

Some folks may recall my mentioning in this thread that my mother had been stuck in her room since February end while in hospice.

Got a call Monday morning that she was now "active." Rushed over there and we were allowed to enter the facility after temperatures were taken.

She was already unconscious and was not to regain it, of course. We stayed with her for a long while, talking to her, as we were assured she could hear us. It was heartbreaking.

We went back again later and were allowed in without having to go through the temperatures and paperwork, again. Again, we stayed and talked to her. Her eyes were partially open this entire time and it was disturbing as we knew she could not see us.

She passed away about 11 that night. We got there ahead of the RN who was to pronounce. It was good that she did not linger, because she had been in so much pain, but they worked hard to control it for her.

Had a lot of sadness for the time she had remaining to have been stuck in her room, rather than around others and our limited ability to visit her and for her to know who we were.

There's been a good bit of anger over this as well, but have let go of it for the most part, believing that the tyrant will get her due.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
She passed away about 11 that night.

I am sorry for your loss and that you were not able to spend more time with her before she passed.

Posts: 1359 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My condolences. I believe the shutting down of visitation of those in nursing homes to be one of the cruelest aspects of this whole thing.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Weren't a bunch of guys going to try that in MI? It didn't work out well for them.

quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
its getting really close to the time when it might be required to round up all these little Hitlers and take them camping for the weekend

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Thank you, SigLaw and YooperSigs.

Yes, extremely cruel!

As we went through the facility to her room, i saw several folks whom i recognized and they also were diminished by this imprisonment.

Whitmer must be held accountable for her inhumanity.

Past Master
Picture of yucaipa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:

She passed away about 11 that night.

I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you can look pass the hurt & anger long enough to be happy for her, now being pass and free of the pain.

Harry S. Truman

www.CrossCountryQuilting.com
"Deep in the heart of the Ozarks"

Posts: 3967 | Location: Boone County, Arkansas | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Weren't a bunch of guys going to try that in MI? It didn't work out well for them.

quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

The FBI foiled their own plot.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yucaipa:

I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you can look pass the hurt & anger long enough to be happy for her, now being pass and free of the pain.

Indeed. Thank you.

Yes, she is now finally at peace.

That's what has helped with letting go of the anger.

Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

Here in the S.F. Bay Area, we have for years had, "Spare the Air" days. These were for air quality supposedly.

In fact, it was a douchebag greenie in Berkeley that would look at S.F. in the morning and decide. No science, just this douche.

EVERY holiday Americans would want a fire for - forbidden. Christmas, Thanksgiving - never missed a one, crystal clear sky or not.

No sir, I don't believe a word from these miscreants, not a word.

It's all about the new global reset and/or sequestering us after the disputed vote.

Drunk on power these tyrants are!

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

You surely understand tyranny!

Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Oregon Brownshirt at it again and of course the wishy-washy response from Marion County Sherrif's office.

quote:

Oregon Gov. Kate Brown wants residents to call the police on their neighbors over violations of the state’s latest coronavirus shutdown, which includes a six-person limit on in-home gatherings.

The temporary “freeze,” which went into effect Wednesday, restricts indoor at-home and social gatherings to six people from no more than two households, with no exceptions for Thanksgiving dinner get-togethers.

In a Friday virtual interview with KGW-TV, Ms. Brown agreed that Oregonians should contact authorities if they see their neighbors hosting more than six people.

“Look, this is no different than what happens if there’s a party down the street and it’s keeping everyone awake. What do neighbors do? They call law enforcement because it’s too noisy,” the Democratic governor told KGW. “This is just like that. It’s like a violation of a noise ordinance.”

Those committing infractions could face misdemeanor penalties of up to 30 days in jail, fines of up to $1,250, or both, according to the governor’s executive order.

The two-week “freeze” is slated to end Dec. 2 everywhere except Multnomah County, which includes Portland, where the restrictions are in place for four weeks based on the county’s larger population and case numbers.

https:/twitter.com/KGWNews/status/1329998488675946498

The shutdown has drawn plenty of pushback. Clackamas County Board of Commissioners chair-elect Tootie Smith said on Facebook that she would celebrate Thanksgiving with “as many family and friends as I can find,” while the Oregon restaurant industry has filed a lawsuit against the prohibition on indoor dining.

In a Friday statement, the Marion County Sheriff’s office said: “We recognize that we cannot arrest or enforce our way out of the pandemic, and we believe both are counterproductive to public health goals.”

https://twitter.com/MCSOInTheK.../1329841861918216195

Ms. Brown said that Oregonians should not be placed in the position of having to decide whether to turn in their neighbors.

“But honestly, they shouldn’t have to,” said Ms. Brown. “This is about saving lives and it’s about protecting our fellow Oregonians. It’s about protecting our families, it’s about protecting our vulnerable community members and frankly it’s about protecting the entire state of Oregon.”

As with much of the country, COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations are rising in Oregon “as we enter cold and flu season, as the weather turns and grows colder, and as Oregonians spend more time indoors,” said the governor’s executive order.

The Oregon Health Department reported Friday a new single-day record of 1,306 cases.

https://www.washingtontimes.co...idents-to-call-cops/

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm convinced that the covid numbers are up a bit only because testing is so wide spread now and many more people are getting tested. If you look at the death rate, it's pretty much the same since June.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post