SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 161
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I hope your family can understand the realization that as you stated, death comes suddenly for so many everyday, and loved ones cannot ever "take back" a harsh word, or get the opportunity to say; "I love you", and you and your's get the opportunity many times to do both.

Yes, on the one hand you can see the "best if used by" date on the "package", and are able to take advantage of that, and on the other, you can see the "expiration ______" and each minute and hour and day is one less, with no promise of adding.

You and your family have taken good advantage of this knowledge and have made it an opportunity, and not a tragedy.

May you continue to do this, for longer than any expert may prognosticate.

And thank you for your boldness in sharing this with strangers, you have caused me to think differently about many things, and it has tempered some things that have darkened my entire life.

You have made a difference and an impact in my life, in a short time, over a great distance, no doubt those closer and a longer time, have been affected to a much greater degree for the good.

May God continue to bless you and keep you in His grace and mercy in your journey.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
My thoughts and prayers continue for you and your family.

You are one of my friends here, in this place I am blessed enough to be a member.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Sorry about the Scan News.

I truly thank you for sharing your walk thru this with us all and myself.

Your strength and faith is admirable.

I can remember as if it was just yesterday my walk thru my battle with the Lung Cancer. My Doctors never gave me any prognosis. They just told me it was a tough one to beat. From what I read on it, it sure didn’t look good.

I had a port in my chest and after I was Cancer free and back at work I would have to go every 6 weeks to get it flushed. I asked my Oncologist once when will it be removed and he said never. Well after two and a half years and still Cancer free at my check up with him he said he was going to send a referral to the Thoracic Surgeon to have it removed.

When I left his office, half way down the hall way it hit me. Before when he said it would not be removed it was expected to return and I would lose the fight.

I would enjoy all the little things that came along each and every day. I would thank our Lord for the People that prayed for me and ask God for his will in my battle.

Enjoy all of little things that happen each and every day.

Thanks again for your Faith and sharing it here.

Prayers as always - sent

Roy

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
The Monkey said it much better than I could have.
Prayers sent for you and your family...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm No Quitter
posted Hide Post
Dear Tom..... as I sit with my son in this clinic where he has his All Day pain treatments and read of your latest scan ... I pray for you and your family.

I am always amazed with each step on your path .. you seem so surefooted and resolved to fight each day for the best you can be. Taking any and all blessings to heart and holding strong not only for yourself but your family. I am so proud to know you. You are such a force to be reckoned with.

In the past few years .. six years or so . I have found my self feeling like there are days that just seem so hard to understand . Why ... and what do I do next .. stuff like that.
You seem to have great insight and direction with each new day. Using up your " Good Days" to the Max!
It is certainly OK to have "Bad Days" and just settle in and regroup.
You have mastered all of that.

You are still my inspiration. I don't post a lot right now ... but I do grab a few minutes to try and keep up ( and grab some needed inspiration ) and I just wanted to say .. God Bless You & Your Family .. and Always know .... Everyone here is Praying for you and learning so much from you.

Most Sincerely,
Donna

Posts: 4083 | Location: Lauderdale , Mississippi | Registered: June 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
May God be with you, with peace and many other blessings for you and your family as you go forward.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear the results of your scan.

You are doing a fine job of handling all this, thinking of your family first is a tribute to your love for them.

All things are possible through God's will, possibly even another remission.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
This might creep some out.
I had a premonition going in that it wasn't going to be good news.

On the western channel, they have a song playing during promos and the lyrics were stuck in my head as I walked into the exam room to see the doctor.

Those lyrics were:
Oh Lord take this soul
Lay me at the bottom of the river
------------------

Yes, quite prophetic. Then again, my life has always been such when I think about it.
Quite strange.

In the book The Outlaw Josey Wales, Josey says that sometimes trouble just follows a man.
In my case, sometimes strange just follows me around.

So true.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Who got creeped out over that?
I did, in real time too.

Don't forget my signature line,
I'm a regular Claire Voyant without the dress.

I always liked my signature line all these years, but I assumed no one would know that it is, in fact, true. Cuz it is.
Sometimes I really am a Claire Voyant.

An example was provided above.
Then again, no one here is surprised after reading my story about showering with a ghost.

Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
That said, my philosophy I have posted here remains unchanged, it's a wonderful life and I am happy.

... there's always something that makes you smile.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Then again, no one here is surprised after reading my story about showering with a ghost.

As Shakespeare said; "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, then in your little sensibilities."

Posts: 12180 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Killer
posted Hide Post
LBJ, I wish you all the best. Your latest news has helped me today with some perspective. I've been sitting here feeling sorry for myself dreading have shoulder surgery and you've brought me back to Earth with your news.

Be strong and know that a nobody from Illinois is keeping you in their prayers.

Posts: 321 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: December 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Well not the news any one wanted to hear, but you are amazingly grounded about it - hats off to you. Sounds like you will be around for a while longer - you have your Escape build coming up. I am looking forward to what you come up with and some dyno reports. You are in my prayers.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
You can track my Escape being built.
www.cotusb.ford.com

Plug in the VIN number:
1FMCU9J90HUD93534

The ordering process was completed today and it moves to actual production on May 18th, my birthday. The dealer gave me the projected build date.
26 days until delivery.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

Sleepy John Estes, Eric Clapton, Gregg Allman and you LBJ, (and I) have all "been goin' down and throwed up my hands".

And all were given the gift of being taken on dry land and given time.

Never forget that floating bridge.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
You can track my Escape being built.
www.cotusb.ford.com

Plug in the VIN number:
1FMCU9J90HUD93534

The ordering process was completed today and it moves to actual production on May 18th, my birthday. The dealer gave me the projected build date.
26 days until delivery.

That's pretty cool, I tracked my mustang from build to the railway system and getting on a truck for delivery to the dealer. And a Ford phone number to call that seemed to be more updated, and to be a PITA get a customer service person on the phone to triple verify. Enjoy!

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear about the scan. Prayers up for continuing strength.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Thanks all.

I probably haven't been entirely forthcoming about how I feel physically the last 2 months.
The answer is not good.

I get migraines most every day. You know, where you see colors that obstruct parts of your vision.

My swallowing problem has returned, which will be abated in a week with a balloon procedure I have had done in the past.

I have zero energy, it's hard to even get out of bed, and when I do, a couple of hours later I am back in bed again.

My skin is really bad. All you have to do is touch it and it literally bleeds beneath the skin. They had to start using different tape at the infusion center because the other tape was literally pulling my skin off in big hunks.

My appetite is horrible, but may return somewhat after the balloon procedure.

My stomach constantly hurts.

Anything I do is mostly done in the morning because I tire so easily, and afternoons and nights are spent in bed.

I am not trying to bum anyone out, nor am I asking for sympathy.
A great many people have it worse than me.

However, I thought to relate to you all the daily challenges I face so you can see behind the curtain.
Otherwise, all you all are left with is me saying I am dying and my philosophy of dying.

Anyway, no big thing I suppose, just wanted to add another piece to the puzzle.
I would urge you all not to be all worked up over this, it's just the way it goes for cancer patients.

Those are some of the more poor type highlights of my days these days. There are positive ones.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Frown

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Such is my lot in life, not much I can do about it.

I try to stay as upbeat as possible.
Many tell me I am handling things just fine, and maybe I am, but it doesn't feel that way.
I just do what I do and let the chips fall where they may.